Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

What is the best method for holding the bottom panels in place? I assume this model doesn't use magnets like the UCS IDS does and from what i can tell the bottom panels would be much heavier!

There's a video in the book about how to do it. It's a link to a YouTube video in the bottom panels book. 

11 hours ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

What is the best method for holding the bottom panels in place? I assume this model doesn't use magnets like the UCS IDS does and from what i can tell the bottom panels would be much heavier!

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:13 AM, BrianGT said:

GladI started my build last week, after sitting on the parts since last September.

I took the extra time to break the parts up by book, and has made it more manageable so far.  Rockpig posted this to the rebrickable comments page, and I believe this thread, with the spreadsheet being very helpful if you have extra parts to reference where they might go.

I wish that there was a way to break up the BrickVault Ghost build this way...

Thanks to Raskolnikov for an awesome build,

Glad you found my spreadsheet helpful. The model is very easy to move. I was able to move it to a very high shelf by removing all of the upper structures and panels and interior builds before making the move. This saves about a third of the weight. The frame is very sturdy. Make sure you grab it from the stem of the stands. Just replace everything when you have it in place.

Hope this helps.

Edited by rockpig

It's great to see so many people building and enjoying the model! I really enjoy all the progress and end-result shots :classic:
@Raskolnikov of course designed a great build, but I honestly did not expect this much enthusiasm for the building instructions, even a year later! 

8 hours ago, legolijntje said:

It's great to see so many people building and enjoying the model! I really enjoy all the progress and end-result shots :classic:
@Raskolnikov of course designed a great build, but I honestly did not expect this much enthusiasm for the building instructions, even a year later! 

Took me nearly a year to source all the pieces!??

On 7-6-2018 at 4:07 AM, caperica said:

Which sticker sheets are required for the "Interior" book?

All three sticker sheets (10188, 75141, 7667) are used in the interior.

If anyone is looking to start building this M.O.C I bought all the pieces for Book 1 in Brand new condition to start this off but can no longer continue due to unfortunate financial reasons so if anyone would like to buy this at a reasonable cost please let me know :)

I really feel like a nitpicker but I found a teeny, tiny mistake in the instructions. On book 6, page 56, step 4 the 2x1 piece with clip should be facing the other way. 

Few more progress pics...….progress is slow as it is currently 40 degrees up in loft......

GnPwwgWl.jpg

mfEUrcNl.jpg

wDcul3Ml.jpg

huozYjVl.jpg

KWqp61rl.jpg

Edited by Hunter003

On 6/24/2018 at 9:55 PM, Freezer118 said:

I really feel like a nitpicker but I found a teeny, tiny mistake in the instructions. On book 6, page 56, step 4 the 2x1 piece with clip should be facing the other way. 

Haha, I wondered how nobody else noticed that (or just nobody took the time to report it).
Not sure we'll update the instructions for such a small change, but thanks for reporting it nevertheless :classic::thumbup:

On 7/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Hunter003 said:

Few more progress pics...….progress is slow as it is currently 40 degrees up in loft...... 

That sounds toasty. Any issues with drooping/pieces staying together at that temperature?

Nice Nebulon B btw :)

21 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

That sounds toasty. Any issues with drooping/pieces staying together at that temperature?

Nice Nebulon B btw :)

No issues with drooping pieces on the Aggressor however at that temperature I have found that some pieces are more difficult to push together. Placing the rear section with the gears into place was far more difficult than it should have been. I have almost built the 2 lower panels however I am going to wait until this warm weather drops a bit before placing them.

As for drooping on other models, my Mirko U-Wing is showing a fair amount of droop on the wings for a short period of completion from build. I will need to put some trans-clear supports in. Also the UCS B-Wing and Y-Wing suffer from a bit of drooping in that heat however I rotate these models about every 6 months to counteract this. Unfortunately my loft is the only place I have to display them.

The Aggressor build is amazing btw. Very satisfying and I enjoy going at a slower pace rather than building in a weekend. Instructions are very clear and concise.

One small thing I could not get to work was the length of the axle that goes through the cylinder thing located below the stairs. It was 1 stud length too long. Once I substituted this it all slotted into place.

Never noticed that Nebulon pic*huh*

Edited by Hunter003
spelling

What an amazing job on this MOC! I have nearly purchased all the parts, and can’t wait to start building. All the pictures/advice from other builders have also been extremely helpful. Thanks everyone.

Edited by NightmanCometh
Spelling

Ok........bottom panels now attached but man.......what a pain in the big behind.......

First panel seemed to go on ok.....could feel It 'clicking into position. Bit of resistance on the pins but got them popped into place.

Second panel....*huh*:damn:.........would it go in.....would it hell......tried a bit of force and bits were singing off everywhere. Took it back off and built it again......tried again.

Nose in clicked into place but rear stand part was fighting me all the way. Finally it seemed to slot in and I got all the pins located. Rear left side seemed a bit lower and I then realised that the 1 x 2 black wedge on top of the stand had fell off.......:damn:

Got it refitted and all seems fine. Can anyone who has built this let me know if the gap at the back is normal?  Praying that it is as to go through that again is not appealing.....

http://imgur.com/gallery/TM86TK8

Heh, the bottom panels hopefully get easier with practice. That gap also looks pretty normal, and shouldn't be too noticeable when it's right side up w/ the engine panels on.

I'm looking at the 10188 sticker sheet and the background color for the directional arrows appears to be light gray, when the sticker is going on a DBG tile. Is the photo of the sticker sheet wrong or am I missing something, because those arrows would be white on a LBG background on a DBG tile. In the book, however, the background on the sticker is DBG like the tile. Any solutions?

Could I switch out the tiles to be black and use the 75159 sheet from the new Death Star?

25 minutes ago, caperica said:

I'm looking at the 10188 sticker sheet and the background color for the directional arrows appears to be light gray, when the sticker is going on a DBG tile. Is the photo of the sticker sheet wrong or am I missing something, because those arrows would be white on a LBG background on a DBG tile. In the book, however, the background on the sticker is DBG like the tile. Any solutions?

Could I switch out the tiles to be black and use the 75159 sheet from the new Death Star?

I don't know out of the top of my head if it was 10188 or 75159, but one of the two had a transparant sticker sheet, thus the background of the arrow-sticker is transparant on one of those sheets.

This is the best Lego star destroyer I've ever seen!

This is also the first star destroyer I've seen with an interior!

Good job!

I'm currently building this beast and loving everything about it. Big thanks to you both for creating such a unique and detailed model as well as excellent and clear instructions.

I've just attached the bottom panels, which was quite hard but I eventually succeeded. However, I then noticed these two pins located between the reactor bulge and the rear stand. Did I forget to attach a part here? I checked the instructions and at the end of book 1 they were still uncovered. The only times where the instructions show the bottom of the ship they are not visible (blocked from view by either the stand (book 2) or bottom panels (book 3).

IMG_20180722_190311291_LL.jpg

Also, maybe someone found it already but there is a very minor mistake in book 3, page 215: the 27263 Tile, Modified 2 x 2 Corner with Cut Corner - Facet should face the other way (adjacent to the corner tile placed in the same step). This was done correctly for the first bottom panel.

Edited by DarthPineapple

Hrm, I thought I was aware of everything at this point. Can't believe nobody's mentioned that before--those pins would drive me nuts, heh.

There should've been liftarms connecting to the 1x6 technic bricks placed on book 1, p.285. But it's probably not a big deal if it's not causing any problems--just more of the slightly overbuilt supports I tend to like.

FYyib01.jpg