Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

Excellent work......I now only have the LBG tiles to get and I will have all the pieces....been collecting them since last August!

just started collecting parts for this work of art.  I have a lot of 2x2 LBG tiles.  Can i use 2 of these as alternatives to the 2x4 LBG tiles?  Does this impact the look/appearance of the ship?

7 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

just started collecting parts for this work of art.  I have a lot of 2x2 LBG tiles.  Can i use 2 of these as alternatives to the 2x4 LBG tiles?  Does this impact the look/appearance of the ship?

I guess you could ... but i'm not sure you'd want to replace them all as a lot of the 2x4 tiles span multiple plates to give the upper and lower panels strength... it's a tough call - if you can afford it, i'd stick with the 2x4's - or at the very least 50% of them!

19 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

Hi all!

I've finally finished my ISD... I want for the Rogue One theme! :)

kkR7857.jpg

VGND7Dj.jpg

yE1xrcy.jpg

tp58P53.jpg

UCS display sticker is from https://www.ultimatecollectorstickers.co.uk

Those are some really nice photos, crisp detail! I think it would be cool if you took the Rouge One theme further by modding the tractor beam array on top of the bridge to be like the 'X' shaped ones seen in the movie and in A New Hope!

On 2/28/2018 at 5:15 AM, Fuchs said:

yes, and they are sold out in Lego´s s@h, so i have to wait because 400 Tiles with a price of 15ct and VIP Points is much better than via bricklink for ca. 20ct + shipping. 

Good luck and have fun with this beast.

Pick a Brick in the replacement parts section, had the LBG 2X4 tiles available this past weekend.  Was able to order the rest needed for the SD.  Whether I'll get all the ones ordered remains to be seen.

A fun shot of the Aggressor patrolling the Death Star (room) :wink:

DSC_5524.png

A made a few small edits to the bridge to bring the scale a bit more in line.

Anyone interested in seeing a timelapse of the build (which apparently takes a while) one of the builders put one on YouTube:

Hrm, haven't checked in here in a while...

On 3/14/2018 at 7:20 PM, Lahh001 said:

In some places, sure. You could probably fit 100+ 2x2 tiles somewhere and it would be fine. Sometimes the 2x4s are important for stability, though, as well as aesthetics to some extent (i.e., the exterior tiles are varied so as to avoid a "tiled floor" look, and hopefully pull off more of an "armored spaceship" look).

@KryptonicThose photos look great!

@SchneedsDitto, pulled off the Rogue One shot pretty well!

Honestly, I've thought about making a white ISD I version of the ship. You could re-use the frame and interior. And white is a color with a lot of parts available, so you could make substitutions as necessary. If I ever get around to it, I'll have to try to recreate that shot as well.

Bridge mods look good, too. I think I tried something like that with the boxy window-shaped structures to the sides of the command bridge, but I can't remember why I opted against it. Definitely looks good your way with the shadows, though.

Watched the whole video.....just wow!.......building with 2 laptops was something I had not thought about and would probably save a bit of time.

Superb!!!!!

Instructions and 15,000+ bricks bought! - The building will start this weekend.

I've just finished Cavegods AT-AT (for the second time in 5 years!!) which took me months. I'll not be finishing this one any time soon.

LBG 2x2 Turntable 3680........2 of............£15.00 each!!

Are these used for greebling? can they be substituted for grilles or tiles?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

Thanks

I think the turntable should be black, not LBG... either way, if you look on Book 5, page 160 you will see where they are used... completely invisible

21 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Thanks

They were removed from the parts list (and the instructions) in August 2017. Methinks you need to export the updated version :)

Edited by Raskolnikov

6 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

They were removed from the parts list (and the instructions) in August 2017. Methinks you need to export the updated version :)

Aw crap.......are there many more changes to parts list?. I'm almost done with gathering them........*huh*

Found changes on rebrickable:thumbup:

Edited by Hunter003

I hate to ask this yet again, but about how much did it cost to buy all the parts? I remember hearing $1500, is this accurate? U.S.

Edited by caperica

7 hours ago, caperica said:

I hate to ask this yet again, but about how much did it cost to buy all the parts? I remember hearing $1500, is this accurate? U.S.

I´m waiting for my last bricklink and s@h order - I paid 780 Euro for all Parts (most NEW) + shipping.

7 hours ago, caperica said:

I ended up paying around 900 GBP for 100% new, 0 substitutions and 5 figures! 

5 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

I ended up paying around 900 GBP for 100% new, 0 substitutions and 5 figures! 

So probably around $1000? That's better than I thought.

This may be doable lol

Does anyone know about how much it would cost just to buy the parts for the bridge section? The superstructure section, not the interior part.

13 minutes ago, caperica said:

Does anyone know about how much it would cost just to buy the parts for the bridge section? The superstructure section, not the interior part.

Probably not much, it's a comparatively small section with few plates and tiles. If you search this topic or the rebrickable comments for rockpig, he separated the parts list out by books. You could then load the parts list on rebrickable and see prices. I believe the exterior bridge is book 7. Just be warned that the exterior bridge definitely is one of the most fragile and funky parts of the build--it took some silly connections to get those angles right.

I bought the instructions, they look beautiful! Just placed the order for the bridge section, looks like it will be a little over $100.

Edited by caperica