Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

how do I go about getting version 1.3.1??

Emails with links to download the most recent updated version were sent out on August 22, 2017, give or take a day. The rebrickable page and sellfy page have any updated versions listed at the bottom. I'd say to check your spam folder for the email, but it may have auto-deleted it long ago. So uh, private message me with your order date and paypal email address, and I can resend it.

Edited by Raskolnikov

10 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

Hi everyone! It's been a long, and expensive process - but i've finally got all the parts for my ISD! 100% new Lego, no substitutions.... I'm using the latest instructions and I am planning on starting this weekend.... before i start... is there any tips??

Congrats!

As for tips, I don't have much. There are a handful of challenges...but if you're patient enough to collect all the parts, you're most likely well-suited for the building process, too :)

20 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Congrats!

As for tips, I don't have much. There are a handful of challenges...but if you're patient enough to collect all the parts, you're most likely well-suited for the building process, too :)

Just a quick question...... I am building the internal frame and this is on both sides:

FvNmsod.jpg

Is this "pressure" normal? Have I done anything wrong?? It seems to be on both sides

....if I take one of the 2x1 plates away the problem isn't there.... is there a reason for the really tight fit?

Hrm, I can't really see how it was built in the picture, but it may be fine. The bricks attached to the lbg L-shaped liftarm should be upside down relative to the rest of the build and somewhat loose, as far as I recall. Then they get more secure as more technic parts are added. It's definitely one of the wonkiest things in the build, but I think it's a pretty exact fit. The fit should be the equivalent of doing this:

https://i.imgur.com/AueCjWE.jpg

15 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Hrm, I can't really see how it was built in the picture, but it may be fine. The bricks attached to the lbg L-shaped liftarm should be upside down relative to the rest of the build and somewhat loose, as far as I recall. Then they get more secure as more technic parts are added. It's definitely one of the wonkiest things in the build, but I think it's a pretty exact fit. The fit should be the equivalent of doing this:

Thanks for that! It was such a tight fit i had to give it a really good "wiggle" to make it fit flush.

I am 11.5 hours into the build and this is my progress so far!

jwPmvTk.jpg

21 hours in......just a little update.... all the floors and engine room are in the ISD!

I must say this build is absolutely amazing. The detail and design leaves me speechless. I am so so so impressed!!!!

OeKN88O.jpg

Edited by Kryptonic

Hi folks, first post here! 

So after many months of deciding whether to purchase an over priced 10030 set or build this amazing MOC it seems I am increasingly leaning towards building this amazing work of art!

First question is in regards to the parts list. On Rebrickable the parts total says 15310 whereas on the beginning of this thread it says 15314? May i ask what that 4 part discrepancy relates to please?

thanks

Update 1: Instructions purchased..... OMG i'm doing this! :)

Update 2: Instructions v1.31 say 15312 parts...?

Edited by TK4235

5 minutes ago, TK4235 said:

Hi folks, first post here! 

So after many months of deciding whether to purchase an over priced 10030 set or build this amazing MOC it seems I am increasingly leaning towards building this amazing work of art!

First question is in regards to the parts list. On Rebrickable the parts total says 15310 whereas on the beginning of this thread it says 15314? May i ask what that 4 part discrepancy relates to please?

thanks

Great choice! I too was faced with the same thought process - but the more I looked at the 10030 ISD the more I didn't like it - too many studs, strength issues, panel gaps, poor engine detail... oh and not to mention it costs MORE than this set. I'm really enjoying building mine - it's super challenging but looks amazing. I've just finished adding the side greeble's - on to the bridge next!

I would also be interested in knowing what those 4 parts are - as I've collected 15310 lol!

57 minutes ago, Kryptonic said:

Great choice! I too was faced with the same thought process - but the more I looked at the 10030 ISD the more I didn't like it - too many studs, strength issues, panel gaps, poor engine detail... oh and not to mention it costs MORE than this set. I'm really enjoying building mine - it's super challenging but looks amazing. I've just finished adding the side greeble's - on to the bridge next!

I would also be interested in knowing what those 4 parts are - as I've collected 15310 lol!

The 10030 was probably cutting edge design at that time when released many years ago, but as we all know, building techniques have evolved and so have details. Raskolnikov's design is pure genius and pure art and my hat goes off to you sir for allowing us the opportunity to build this great set.

And Kryptonic, continue with the build pics please. Any can you highlight any fiddly issues you come across so we can learn best practice.

cheers

36 minutes ago, TK4235 said:

The 10030 was probably cutting edge design at that time when released many years ago, but as we all know, building techniques have evolved and so have details. Raskolnikov's design is pure genius and pure art and my hat goes off to you sir for allowing us the opportunity to build this great set.

And Kryptonic, continue with the build pics please. Any can you highlight any fiddly issues you come across so we can learn best practice.

cheers

I agree the design is just mind blowing - I've been building Lego for years and I still cannot understand how you can plan, design and create the instructions for something this big! @Raskolnikov is a pure genius. 

The only fiddly bit I have come across is installing the launch control room walls that overlook the hanger bay - there are two - one on each side. It's the wall with the little transparent window in and the control panels. The only way I could get them to fit is to remove a small part of each side of the ship to allow them to slide in. I've probably made it sound worse than it was.... basically, take a couple bricks away and it slides in perfectly then put them back on lol

I'm hoping to sink a good few hours tomorrow and thursday into the build so I will keep you posted with any problems!

Hi Guys,

The Rebrickable part list has 15,310 pieces listed.

There are 15,309 parts used. You will have 2 extra DBG 1 x 2 Plates (3023) and you will need 1 more LBG 1 x 3 Tile (63864). Hope this helps.

18 minutes ago, rockpig said:

Hi Guys,

There are 15,309 parts used. You will have 2 extra DBG 1 x 2 Plates (3023) and you will need 1 more LBG 1 x 3 Tile (63864). Hope this helps.

Look's like I will be raiding the spares box then for a 1x3 tile... at least it's not a crucial part!

22 minutes ago, Kryptonic said:

I agree the design is just mind blowing - I've been building Lego for years and I still cannot understand how you can plan, design and create the instructions for something this big! @Raskolnikov is a pure genius. 

The only fiddly bit I have come across is installing the launch control room walls that overlook the hanger bay - there are two - one on each side. It's the wall with the little transparent window in and the control panels. The only way I could get them to fit is to remove a small part of each side of the ship to allow them to slide in. I've probably made it sound worse than it was.... basically, take a couple bricks away and it slides in perfectly then put them back on lol

I'm hoping to sink a good few hours tomorrow and thursday into the build so I will keep you posted with any problems!

Those walls are very difficult. Had to do the same thing. Practically had to build them in place. The other difficult part is the placement of the floors somewhere in that area. Had to split them in two and then reassemble them in place to get them in. 

I actually didn't struggle too much with the floors - i think it was because I read ahead that they were a bit of a pain so I was prepared for it, but like you, I built the floors in place on the two smaller rooms. Some of the problems just need you to think outside the box a little bit it does go together really really well. There's enough of us now who are building / have built it to over some help anyway.

I've also pre-watched the video for connecting the lower panels as I've heard they can be tricky so I am prepared for that step also :)

Given the piece count and complexity, the instructions and design have an astonishingly few number of problems.  The biggest universal problem is probably the flooring of the small side room, but just requires some disassembly.  Rask made an excellent video for attaching the panels, and it only took me a bit of work to get the second one on.  The engine section plates in the rear of the ship are a tight fit, but that's pretty much every trouble I had.

I would definitely build this over a 10030.  Not to knock the UCS version (I have one), but if you put these side by side it's apples to oranges. 

Just know going in, it is a massive endeavor.  15,000 pieces takes up a lot more room than you would think.  And sorting through orders might drive you to the verge of insanity.  But it will be worth it :)

Quick question @Raskolnikov - the parts list states 10 x LBG hinge plates... so far I've only used 8 and I just cannot see where the other 2 go! 

2 used in Book 1 page 312
3 used in Book 2 page 179
3 used in Book 2 page 181

Have i missed something out?!

Cheers

2 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

Quick question @Raskolnikov - the parts list states 10 x LBG hinge plates... so far I've only used 8 and I just cannot see where the other 2 go! 

2 used in Book 1 page 312
3 used in Book 2 page 179
3 used in Book 2 page 181

Have i missed something out?!

Cheers

2 in Book 6 Page 159 

3 hours ago, Fuchs said:

2 in Book 6 Page 159 

Thanks dude!!! I was looking for them pre-assembled.. i had been through all the books twice looking at the parts required for each step... DOH!!! 

Progress so far

1uX5yEV.jpg

It's huge! :wink:

On 06/03/2018 at 11:08 AM, rockpig said:

Hi Guys,

I'll add this to my wanted list... thanks

On 08/03/2018 at 12:33 PM, Fuchs said:

2 in Book 6 Page 159 

Dude - one last question.... The parts list says 58 x 50950 (LBG)... I've got one spare and I can't work out if I missed one, or if I've over ordered... From what I can work out... there is a total of 48 on the engines, and 4 on the on that dome on the underside.... I cannot for the life of me see there the other 6 are used?!

Please help :-) :-)

2 minutes ago, Kryptonic said:

Dude - one last question.... The parts list says 58 x 50950 (LBG)... I've got one spare and I can't work out if I missed one, or if I've over ordered... From what I can work out... there is a total of 48 on the engines, and 4 on the on that dome on the underside.... I cannot for the life of me see there the other 6 are used?!

Please help :-) :-)

Ignore that - the final 6 are on the super structure :D

Thanks. I usually do one of these for each large MOC to make sure that I order all the necessary pieces. Part of my OCD.

22 minutes ago, rockpig said:

Thanks. I usually do one of these for each large MOC to make sure that I order all the necessary pieces. Part of my OCD.

It's a great OCD to have! I always buy new lego and make no substitutions, but I buy a few extra pieces then panic when I have some left over at the end haha! my own worst enemy!