Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

I had a choice of either getting this or the new UCS Millennium Falcon. Glad I made the right choice lol. I think I paid around $1600-$1700 with the shipping. 

Holy Canoli! I didn't realize people were building these! Most Impressive work everyone.

Here I thought I was next level for building Raskolnikov's AT-AT, ya'll are some top tier Lego builder's circle now. :tongue: :laugh:

Absolutely no disrespect to the AT-AT, still the most fun i've ever had with building a proper set in lego as well as the best model I have. :wink:

If I had a spare two grand I would absolutely do this.

EDIT: Out of curiosity will you ever do instructions of the chibi Imperial fleet from the massive ISD you did Raskolnikov? Such as the landing craft and tie interceptors, those all looked fantastic.

Edited by Forresto

@Forresto Yeah, making instructions for the landing craft is on the ever-growing to-do list. Work has been keeping me pretty busy recently. I've previously made the Tyrant's TIEs available here https://imgur.com/a/9h7Bk although the cockpit design is very fragile (Aggressor's new TIE design is a significant step up, imo).

I just finished book 3. I was looking at marlin's pictures and comparing and the gap between the bottom panels and the hangar bay opening/each other seems to be a bit bigger on mine. I have assured that the panels are all connected properly and are resting on the black 2x1 cheeses on either side of the rear stand.I took some photos to illustrate what I am talking about. Is there something I forgot or that you did to make the gaps smaller?

gqWZuPj.jpg mQjuGoz.jpg

Edited by Bender222
forgot photos

Is the stand correct, or does there seem to be a lot of tension/bending on the bottom plates anywhere?  There shouldn't be that much of a gap; and it should be a pretty tight squeeze onto the cheese slops.

The rear stand is attached correctly aswell, I took the front stand off when I attached the panels. It rests on the cheeses in the rear.

@Bender222 Yeah, that gap is larger than normal.

It could perhaps be (1) a result of flexing/bending in the bottom panels, in which case taking them off and flattening/tightening them might fix it. Or it could be (2) that something is built incorrectly on the bottom of the frame or on the interior surface of the bottom panels, and as a result they're clipping into each other.

So, it would be helpful if you pushed upward on the bottom panels in your first picture. Can you press the bottom panels up towards the hangar bay? Can they touch the 2x4 wedge plates shown in your first picture? If you can make them touch easily, it may just be a flexing/bending issue. If something's in the way preventing that, you'd need to find what it is (and for us to help, we'd need clear pics of the bottom panels and the frame).

Interesting. So yeah, the bottom panels might be a little bent out of shape. That test doesn't entirely rule out a building mistake, though. And now that I look at your pics again, I'm thinking that the bottom panels might be impacting elsewhere, like around the reactor bulge. So please make sure you're able to push up on the panels in a way that can close the gap there, too (or mostly close it anyway--it's normal to have a slight gap between the bottom panels that gradually increases toward the rear of the ship).

I am sure of the biulding. I can push the panels on the bulge aswell like you said to narrow the gap manually so it is just loosened construction.I removed the panels and am working on reattaching them once they are retightened up. Have you considered adding a rubber band or pair of ball joint brackets to keep things tight?

Possible problem. I am using version 1.2 of the instructions. book 4 (engines) on page 16 it displays this wcvPnkm.jpg. the 1x2 dark bley plate needs to be removed in order for it to attach. I examined it in detail and found that the only way for it to correctly attach is for it to be removed. Upon removal it attaches without issue. I though it was an issue with me and maybe I had built something incorrectly because several other have completed the instructions but I double and triple checked everything and there is no way it would fit.

6 minutes ago, Bender222 said:

Possible problem. I am using version 1.2 of the instructions. book 4 (engines) on page 16 it displays this . the 1x2 dark bley plate needs to be removed in order for it to attach. I examined it in detail and found that the only way for it to correctly attach is for it to be removed. Upon removal it attaches without issue. I though it was an issue with me and maybe I had built something incorrectly because several other have completed the instructions but I double and triple checked everything and there is no way it would fit.

That was indeed a problem in the earlier instructions, but it has already been fixed in version 1.3 :classic:

Legolijntje, version 1.31 is the latest, correct?

And is there any news on the Interdictor Cruiser instructions? :blush:

23 hours ago, Phoib said:

Legolijntje, version 1.31 is the latest, correct?

And is there any news on the Interdictor Cruiser instructions? :blush:

Yup, 1.31 is the latest version.

And, there isn't any news about the Interdictor yet :wink:

Hi everyone! It's been a long, and expensive process - but i've finally got all the parts for my ISD! 100% new Lego, no substitutions.... I'm using the latest instructions and I am planning on starting this weekend.... before i start... is there any tips??

3J6KZoQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Kryptonic said:

Hi everyone! It's been a long, and expensive process - but i've finally got all the parts for my ISD! 100% new Lego, no substitutions.... I'm using the latest instructions and I am planning on starting this weekend.... before i start... is there any tips??

3J6KZoQ.jpg

WOW!........I've just got the tiles to go and that will be me ready to start building............Its a long painful process gathering the parts.....

3 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

WOW!........I've just got the tiles to go and that will be me ready to start building............Its a long painful process gathering the parts.....

Those 2x4 LBG tiles are suspiciously expensive!!! it's going to be amazing when it's built :)

Just now, Kryptonic said:

Those 2x4 LBG tiles are suspiciously expensive!!! it's going to be amazing when it's built :)

Yes I estimate about £80.00 for these......................also the 1x3 plate with hinge in lbg is pretty scarce

Just checked my instructions and I have version 1.1

how do I go about getting version 1.3.1??

4 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

Yes I estimate about £80.00 for these......................also the 1x3 plate with hinge in lbg is pretty scarce

Oh yeah - I actually managed to find a seller on BrickOwl selling them well under the average price so snapped them up! I think in total I've spent just under £850 for everything - which, considering there is 15.3k parts is pretty good!!

I've only just re-purchased them so mine are 1.3 already!

Edited by Kryptonic

42 minutes ago, Kryptonic said:

yes, and they are sold out in Lego´s s@h, so i have to wait because 400 Tiles with a price of 15ct and VIP Points is much better than via bricklink for ca. 20ct + shipping. 

Good luck and have fun with this beast.

3 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

You should be able to (re?)download them from sellfly. But @Raskolnikov knows more about that, so if it doesn't work you should send him a message :classic: