Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the previous post, but since you said you could reattach the 3x2 wedge easily I was wondering: everytime I try to reattach it, the big dark grey wedge underneath just pops up.

Can't reattach it as all the other plates then start to follow suite.

I'll try again and if it doesn't work I'll add some plates to strengthen.

I saw the previous post, but since you said you could reattach the 3x2 wedge easily I was wondering: everytime I try to reattach it, the big dark grey wedge underneath just pops up.

That sounds like an attempt to repair the bottom panel, but I may be misinterpreting.

Just to clarify, it's the 3x2 wedges on the rear panels (i.e., the panels placed on book 4, page 8 or page 17) that are easy to repair. Or you can even place those wedges later, after the rear panels are in position. Damage to the bottom panels, by contrast, should definitely be avoided.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:33 PM, technic_addict said:

Awesome work!  I will likely be building this and retiring my 10030 to the graveyard :laugh:

5 parts from the 10300 would finace a large start on this project

I have the 10030 and constrictor built, have been really deciding on this, Venator or an Acclamator next. Really like to see Victory class scaled to 10300. I built the 418 because I played so much of the early Lucas Arts X-wing/Tie and X-wing Vs Tie to me the intradictor ships are MUST haves in a fleet The 418 actually scaled closer to the Victory, still a tad big, but the 418 was just lovely, like a dagger and the concept is a large part of the appeal.

Correct me if I am wrong but to roughly scale the the 418 and Victory I/II to the 10300 would be 14.5 and 21.5 respectively?

Edited by MattVa

@MattVa Sounds right to me if you're using the 600m measurement for the 418. The Constrictor is sort of an amalgamation of the 418 and the Rebels Interdictor, though, which appears to be a larger ship. So it may be roughly to scale with the 10030/Aggressor as-is. Or if you want to use the 600m length, you could maybe convert a 10030/Aggressor to a Victory, which really isn't too difficult.

Is there a concensus as to the design of the Victory class, I have seen many different renderings as to its design. 2 or 3 main drive engines, superstructure/bridge and even the hull sections which are supposed to be atmo manuvering planes.

I thought this design was very appealing http://fractalsponge.net/?p=2072

On 11/28/2017 at 6:06 AM, MattVa said:

Is there a concensus as to the design of the Victory class...

Honestly, I don't think so.

The design you linked definitely is one of the more creative fan interpretations. There recently was a semi-official miniature for the Star Wars Armada game, which is much more conservative in its design and, like most other representations, seems to have a superstructure and hull shape that is nearly identical to an ISD. The Armada version even has four turrets per side, and I kind of liked the three-turret versions more because I thought it was an interesting way to differentiate VSDs. Oh well. Long story short, I think based on the most definitive versions of VSDs, you really just need (1) the distinctive bridge and (2) the "wings." Other ways of differentiating VSDs seem to be optional and vary by artist. I've been meaning to take more pics of my VSD mods, but for some reason I haven't gotten around to it. Anyway, here's my one pic with crappy lighting that doesn't show much detail on the bridge changes.

VSD Aggressor

@Christoph27 Looking good so far, you're nearly there! Books 7 and 8 are very short, although Book 7 takes some time since certain parts of the bridge are fragile.

Also, if you bought the stickers, there are turbo-lift stickers on the Death Star sticker sheet that are unused. They are intended to go on the tops of the dbg cylinders visible in your image and the ones directly below them (on level 2), but we were unable to add them via the instructions.

21 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

@Christoph27 Looking good so far, you're nearly there! Books 7 and 8 are very short, although Book 7 takes some time since certain parts of the bridge are fragile.

Also, if you bought the stickers, there are turbo-lift stickers on the Death Star sticker sheet that are unused. They are intended to go on the tops of the dbg cylinders visible in your image and the ones directly below them (on level 2), but we were unable to add them via the instructions.

Thanks for the hint @Raskolnikov

I think they're missing on our custom sticker sheet.

But it had a UCS plaque:

20171111_115104.jpg

Just to let you know that I managed to go on without breaking the bottom panels.

I am not sure if it was useful in the end but I still a small reinforcement on the part that kept popping out of place: I just added a 2x6 plate to cover all popping wedges.

There was no need to change anything else and I can now proceed with book 5.

@Raskolnikov I can't wait for those instructions for the Interdictor as it has been one of my favourite vessels in the star wars universe ever since I read the Zahn trilogy comics adaptation back in the day.

@Christoph27 Looks great, glad you liked it. It also looks like you're in the elite group of builders who managed to have the superstructure fitted completely properly when taking your first picture :)

Any plans to fill it with a crew of minifigures?

Also, an optional change to the build is to remove the lowermost 1x6 tile on the "neck" of the bridge assembly. This eases the process of sliding the bridge into place, and I think the bracket studs look fine when exposed. If we ever roll out a final update it'll probably include this change.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:44 AM, Raskolnikov said:

Also, an optional change to the build is to remove the lowermost 1x6 tile on the "neck" of the bridge assembly. This eases the process of sliding the bridge into place, and I think the bracket studs look fine when exposed. If we ever roll out a final update it'll probably include this change.

I modified mine to shift the 1x6 tiles up a plate by using brackets instead of the studded bricks.  The disadvantage is that they stick out the width of the brackets over the large slopes, but it's not really noticeable.

How did everyone download the Instructions file? I tried downloading on my Mac yesterday and after a slight hiccup is now not downloading and I've used up my 5 downloads thinking they were the 5 different booklets ? 

On 12/25/2017 at 11:25 PM, Anonymous_39 said:

Hey would you consider doing a venator or a FO star destroyer at the same sort of scale with instructions anytime in the future

I'd consider it, but no current plans.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:17 AM, Mat59hias said:

wow, that's really awesome.

Are you specialized in empire's destroyers mocs ?

Thanks, it certainly seems that way :)

On 12/26/2017 at 1:34 PM, Schneeds said:

I modified mine to shift the 1x6 tiles up a plate by using brackets instead of the studded bricks.  The disadvantage is that they stick out the width of the brackets over the large slopes, but it's not really noticeable.

Hrm, I'd be interested in seeing what that looks like. So you finished yours? How'd it turn out?

5 hours ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

How did everyone download the Instructions file?

Just marking this as resolved.

22 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Hrm, I'd be interested in seeing what that looks like. So you finished yours? How'd it turn out?

Finished it a while ago; everything went quite well :)  I haven't had time to take high quality pictures yet.

Whats the estimated cost on building this? Its probably the coolest and most impressive fan made set Ive ever seen.