Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

A simple question: is this the Star Destroyer (class) that was hunting Leia in her Tantive IV, in the opening of "Episode IV: A New Hope"?

On 9/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, Sheharan said:

Yes, but with my mobile phone camera the pictures are not really as good as Bricksmarlins. But surprisingly, the model looks almost the same. :laugh:

Star Destroyer Pictures

Good pics nonetheless. Ya'll need to get some minifigs, tho!

1 hour ago, spirogero said:

A simple question: is this the Star Destroyer (class) that was hunting Leia in her Tantive IV, in the opening of "Episode IV: A New Hope"?

Not so simple answer: Yes, it's an Imperial class. But Lucasfilm used two different models for the Star Destroyer in the original trilogy, one was the Devastator in Ep. IV, and then they had a newer, larger model for Ep. V. They kept randomly using the Devastator model in some scenes in the later two movies, as well (with some modifications, suggesting to me that the use of the Devastator model wasn't really intended to be a different class of ship). Anyway, the differences in the two models were retconnned into the Imperial-I class (Ep. IV) and the Imperial-II class (most ISDs in Ep. V-VI). Rogue One intentionally based their CGI ISDs on the Devastator (Imperial-I) model.

I think the Aggressor draws more from the Imperial-II class, but I wouldn't say it strictly can only be that.The easiest to spot differences between the Imperial-I class and the Imperial-II are the main turrets, main engines, and the sensor array on top of the bridge. The Imperial-I also is less greebled. Aggressor's greebles aren't movie-accurate to either version (it's a LEGO model, after all), and it's turrets are oversized anyway, so they could be viewed as being similar to a Imperial-I. And I'd think you could easily modify the sensor array and engines, if you so wanted.

Long story short, the Aggressor is intended to be a fairly generic Imperial Star Destroyer, and I think if you changed the sensor array on top of the bridge it could probably pass for either sub-type.

Also, for the record, the name "Aggressor" doesn't really mean anything--that's just what i named mine. There are at least four ships in the EU with that name, so it's just a very generic bad-guy name. The instruction books just say "ISD" on them.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Hmmm... Well, it's a good thing that your ISD can be easily modified to Episode IV-Rogue1 or Episodes V-VI versions. It can suit the preferences of all UCS collectors, this way. :classic:

Thanks for the info. Much helpful!

1 hour ago, caperica said:

On level 2, can the minifig fit standing up on the bridge when it's closed up?

Yeah, if he's on the central walkway portion, like in the original pics (shown below). Although if you try to put him nearer to the outer edge of the bridge, then no.

You can see it's sort of a split-level design. The conference room sits mostly above the lower section of level 2, leaving some empty space above the walkway.

NbaJyci.jpg

0eKORJJ.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

I don't recall seeing the trans blue dishes for the engines on the parts list? Have they been missed?

They don't belong to the part list, I added them!

Just now, bricksmarlin said:

They don't belong to the part list, I added them!

Ahhh.......then my friend I shall be 'adopting' your idea:laugh:

11 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

Ahhh.......then my friend I shall be 'adopting' your idea:laugh:

Maybe you should! I think the look is really good! The problem is the price tag of this dishes! Mine are from my original 10030!

I got some trans blue radar dishes to try out.  I'd like to keep my dishes on the original 10030.  Hopefully it will look good. 

Yeah, the choice between webbed trans light blue and webbed dbg dishes was a close one. And if the non-webbed trans light blue dishes were cheaper, I'd have probably gone with that. I just can't stand paying $30 (or whatever it is) for a single, used piece.

@Schneeds Btw, how's your build going?

On 9/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Yeah, the choice between webbed trans light blue and webbed dbg dishes was a close one. And if the non-webbed trans light blue dishes were cheaper, I'd have probably gone with that. I just can't stand paying $30 (or whatever it is) for a single, used piece.

@Schneeds Btw, how's your build going?

It's picking up now.  I've been at a snails pace for the past few weeks, but I'm 2/3 of the way through the first book.  I figure building the outer frame is probably least fun part so it's all up hill :P

What a work of art!! I ordered the parts for your star destroyer and while waiting for them to arrive I ended up making a midi scale Nebulon-B Frigate that is to scale with your ISD Aggressor cause why not right? Check out the pics on my flickr. What do you think Rasko? I'll share some pics with the ISD Aggressor when I build it. Looking forward!!

EF76 Nebulon-B Frigate

Edited by Sky8880

First of all, I like your model very much!
But I'm not sure about the scale! Here is a picture from Mortesv's Nebulon B in 1:1600 scale (and the Aggressor is smaller than 1:1600 scale)!

gallery_8754_6681_183075.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_132207.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_71806.jpg

1 hour ago, bricksmarlin said:

First of all, I like your model very much!
But I'm not sure about the scale! Here is a picture from Mortesv's Nebulon B in 1:1600 scale (and the Aggressor is smaller than 1:1600 scale)!

gallery_8754_6681_183075.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_132207.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_71806.jpg

Thanks! The model by mortesv looks great wow! Well I did some measurements and according to the canon ISD is supposed to be 1600m and the Nebulon-B is supposed to be around 300m. Since the ISD Aggressor is approximately 94cm, scale should be about 1cm = 17m (according to the ISD model). This means that the Nebulon-B LEGO model to scale with the ISD Aggressor would have to be about 18cm in length. Mine is about 21cm so not completely accurate, but its close enough. I did look at scale comparison of the two ships as well while I was building the model. Here's one of the photos I used. 

main-qimg-0a711060eec8cc101eeea3ac90694a

Edited by Sky8880

3 hours ago, Sky8880 said:

Thanks! The model by mortesv looks great wow! Well I did some measurements and according to the canon ISD is supposed to be 1600m and the Nebulon-B is supposed to be around 300m. Since the ISD Aggressor is approximately 94cm, scale should be about 1cm = 17m (according to the ISD model). This means that the Nebulon-B LEGO model to scale with the ISD Aggressor would have to be about 18cm in length. Mine is about 21cm so not completely accurate, but its close enough. I did look at scale comparison of the two ships as well while I was building the model. Here's one of the photos I used.

Sounds good!
I think both models have pretty much the same length! The differences are the length of the sword and the diameter!
But as I said, looks great anyway!

Edited by bricksmarlin

Just started ordering my missing pieces for the Agressor :classic:

I was wondering if there's a partslist per booklet available somewhere?  That might be easier during the building proces :grin:

1 hour ago, bricksmarlin said:

Sounds good!
I think both models have pretty much the same length! The differences are the length of the sword and the diameter!
But as I said, looks great anyway!

Haha they are both great in different ways! Thanks again appreciate it!