Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

26 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:

Raskolnikov are you making any changes to the instructions after what this guy said?

He said "along the way," so we already have :) He started his build more than a month ago, so we incorporated a lot of his and other builders' feedback into the previous updates to the instructions. At this point, the to-do list for the next update consists of fairly minor clarity issues, so I'm holding off for now to let more feedback come in and to avoid spamming people's inboxes.

6 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

He said "along the way," so we already have :) He started his build more than a month ago, so we incorporated a lot of his and other builders' feedback into the previous updates to the instructions. At this point, the to-do list for the next update consists of fairly minor clarity issues, so I'm holding off for now to let more feedback come in and to avoid spamming people's inboxes.

Ah, thank you.  I'm waiting on the parts for your AT-AT and will go for this one next.

Edited by OCD_Chad

11 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

Wow im going to get the instructions now!

Any chance that you will release instructions for the Constrictor?

We really need the Constrictor instructions now.

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

@bricksmarlin Btw, can you hook us up with some comparison shots with your 10030? Believe it or not, I've never seen a 10030 in person, so I'd be really interested in that.

Yes Sir,

here are some pics. "Aggressor" with 10030 "Chiquita Class Star Destroyer" :tongue: ( I have to rebuild the inner structure)

gallery_8754_6681_30233.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_111240.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_112327.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_55793.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_22681.jpg

I am so tempted to attempt this build, got a few sets I'm happy to disassemble which should give me a good start on the required parts (Death Star and the TFA Falcon, plus a few others) and some random bricks from mixed ebay lots, the most expensive items I seem to be missing are the small black 1x2 panel hinge parts (4275b and 4276b) as each hinge half is apparently nearly £2 and there are 32 of them required (though found 8 halfs amongst the ebay haul)!

Just wondering what they're used for, is it by any chance the folding wings on the Tie Fighters? In which case I might just skip the Tie's for now.

3 hours ago, Tavis75 said:

I am so tempted to attempt this build, got a few sets I'm happy to disassemble which should give me a good start on the required parts (Death Star and the TFA Falcon, plus a few others) and some random bricks from mixed ebay lots, the most expensive items I seem to be missing are the small black 1x2 panel hinge parts (4275b and 4276b) as each hinge half is apparently nearly £2 and there are 32 of them required (though found 8 halfs amongst the ebay haul)!

Just wondering what they're used for, is it by any chance the folding wings on the Tie Fighters? In which case I might just skip the Tie's for now.

2 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

I could not figure out where they belong, but they are not used for the Tie Fighters! Unfortunately!

Those hinges are definitely used in the Tie fighters :classic:

Just now, legolijntje said:

Thos hinges are definitely used in the Tie fighters :classic:

Sorry, my fault! I just looked at the hinges that folds the wings :blush:

On 9/5/2017 at 3:05 AM, bricksmarlin said:

here are some pics. "Aggressor" with 10030 "Chiquita Class Star Destroyer" :tongue: ( I have to rebuild the inner structure)

Thanks, always was curious about that.

Also, what are those squares of greenery on the wall? They look interesting.

On 9/5/2017 at 2:57 AM, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

We really need the Constrictor instructions now.

If you look, you'll find a reverse-engineered version with instructions out there. Don't believe it has an interior, though. Anyway, no plans currently, but I may redesign that ship eventually. The frame would need to be better thought out in a few ways.

On 7.9.2017 at 9:11 AM, Hunter003 said:

Very unusual.................are they 3D?

Yes, they are! These are / were real plants!

gallery_8754_6681_35614.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_9692.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_836.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

Very nice pics, looks like you have your good camera again!

So now that you're done, any lingering questions I can answer? Any constructive (heh) criticism?

Also, how confident are you that you'll be able to repair or transport the ship if you need to? Would you be able to remove all the individual modules, then reassemble them from memory? Just curious.

On 9/7/2017 at 3:54 AM, bricksmarlin said:

Yes, they are! These are / were real plants!

Interesting, so do they need to be watered, or are they like preserved in plastic or something?

Btw, there's now a "fan photos" tab on rebrickable to share pics, if you want to upload any of your pictures there it'd be appreciated.

Very nice pics, looks like you have your good camera again!

So now that you're done, any lingering questions I can answer? Any constructive (heh) criticism?

Also, how confident are you that you'll be able to repair or transport the ship if you need to? Would you be able to remove all the individual modules, then reassemble them from memory? Just curious.

Interesting, so do they need to be watered, or are they like preserved in plastic or something?

Btw, there's now a "fan photos" tab on rebrickable to share pics, if you want to upload any of your pictures there it'd be appreciated.

Yes, the good camera is back! :wink:
For me, version 1.3 has been quite perfect! The biggest problem I had? Sometimes you have to search a little bit longer, on which position a part is placed, 1x1 plates for example !! But this is normal for a model of this size.
Tomorrow I will take photos of the sections where I had small "problems", but also these were not real problems! Repairing, disassembling and assembling is really no problem! I can remove the entire top in about 1-2 minutes!
Can be seen in the gallery! So yes, I can dismantle and assemble the aggressor without problems!

The plants are preserved somehow, but it is not really plastic. When you touch them, they still feel like real plants! But they don't need water and / or light! Witchcraft :tongue:

P.s. i will upload some pictures!

Edited by bricksmarlin

It's one of the best star destroyer I've ever seen. It is just in its shape, precise, a beautiful drawing. The gift of the command room inside is very well integrated and very fun. Usually, I'm not a fan of these little surprises that are not on the scale ... (especially on the official 10221) but I ended up getting used to it, understanding and finding it fun. This is very successful. I am very sensitive to the general correctness of the drawing. Sometimes, MOCeur make very large, impressive objects, receive a lot of praise but the general drawing of their model is not good. That is not the case here. And I love the whole fleet on the table.

The integration of Tie-fighters is perfect. Bravo.

Now the little "problems" that I had! These are no errors in the manual!

The first little problem was to connect the two main parts of the frame! Because of the weight of the assemblies, there is a lot of force on a small connection! At this point, keep calm! It works, and is also very stable in the end!

gallery_8754_6681_59180.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_46877.jpg

The second small problem was the placing of this section of the floor (as described in book 2 / page 66). My tip, build the section as shown in the manual, then split it up in two pieces! This two smaller pieces can be attached very easy!

gallery_8754_6681_56332.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_36588.jpg

Third little problem was installing the bridge for the first time! If the bridge doesn't fit in correctly, check this positions!

gallery_8754_6681_22620.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_1837.jpg

The last problem was to install the two last sections of the top side for the first time! If it doesn't fit check the position of the lightsaber parts at this position!

gallery_8754_6681_79502.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_84130.jpg

It's fine to see, that someone else had the same problems as me. :sweet:

While I had no issues with the last described section I had large difficulties with the two sections described as problem 2 above. In fact that was the only major problem I faced. Placing the two floor elements in the way the instruction describes was impossible. Like Bricksmarlin I split them up in two or more pieces, placed them inside the compartment and connected them again. That was not easy and maybe you can find another solution for placing these parts.

All the rest of the instructions were perfect. Very well done!!!

As a very minor issue and just for the sake of completeness you could add the construction of a UCS-sticker plate to book 8. The sticker itself (from the 10030) is possibly rightprotected but maybe you could add an own creation for printing out as well.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:49 PM, bricksmarlin said:

I can remove the entire top in about 1-2 minutes!
Can be seen in the gallery!

Ah, I didn't even see those additional pics in the gallery, cool!

22 hours ago, Pierre Augustin said:

It's one of the best star destroyer I've ever seen. It is just in its shape, precise, a beautiful drawing. The gift of the command room inside is very well integrated and very fun. Usually, I'm not a fan of these little surprises that are not on the scale ... (especially on the official 10221) but I ended up getting used to it, understanding and finding it fun. This is very successful. I am very sensitive to the general correctness of the drawing. Sometimes, MOCeur make very large, impressive objects, receive a lot of praise but the general drawing of their model is not good. That is not the case here. And I love the whole fleet on the table.

The integration of Tie-fighters is perfect. Bravo.

Thanks, glad you like it :) Yeah, I like my MOCs to still be toys in addition to being display models. Also, I'm sure your English is way better than my French, but when you say "drawing" are you referring to the overall design or internal structure?

3 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Now the little "problems" that I had!

Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the first issue, we could add a text note in the instructions explaining that, similar to how we did with the top panels.

Regarding the second issue, @Sheharanas well, that's a known issue that I've been meaning to investigate to see what exactly should be done. Another builder said the problem was that certain pins (the flick missiles) make it difficult to place that floor section. Anyway, I expect to address it at some point.

Regarding placement of the command tower and the forward superstructure, all that's kind of "working as intended" at the moment. I decided to go for seamless fits between the sections, so there's a lot of stuff those modules can get caught on, etc.

However, I may at some point try to correct the fact that that you have to depress the top panels slightly with your fingers to place the command tower (at least, that's what I do--otherwise, the command tower tends to come loose from the rails). I may also try to replace those rails entirely with something made of technic.

Additionally, I've definitely thought about adding more pictures or text notes regarding handling and placing certain modules, including that little forward section of superstructure. The best way to place it (which currently isn't reflected in the text note), I believe, is to place the bottom part first. Then lift up the main superstructure section a little and place the little roof section. In some pictures of other completed builds, I've noticed that people haven't been getting the ideal fit on that section.

BTW @Sheharan, glad you also completed the build! Any pics you wanna share? 

EDIT: Also, if anyone makes a UCS sticker and wants to share it, let me know. I'd be happy to put it on the rebrickable page, I just haven't made one myself.

Edited by Raskolnikov

29 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Ah, I didn't even see those additional pics in the gallery, cool!

Thanks, glad you like it :) Yeah, I like my MOCs to still be toys in addition to being display models. Also, I'm sure your English is way better than my French, but when you say "drawing" are you referring to the overall design or internal structure?

Additionally, I've definitely thought about adding more pictures or text notes regarding handling and placing certain modules, including that little forward section of superstructure. The best way to place it (which currently isn't reflected in the text note), I believe, is to place the bottom part first. Then lift up the main superstructure section a little and place the little roof section. In some pictures of other completed builds, I've noticed that people haven't been getting the ideal fit on that section.

My way to install this last little roof section,

gallery_8754_6681_79502.jpg

is to pull the bottom section a little bit towards the nose!Grab at this point!

gallery_8754_6681_47909.jpg

You have to be careful, but in my case it works very good!

BTW @Sheharan, glad you also completed the build! Any pics you wanna share?

Yes, but with my mobile phone camera the pictures are not really as good as Bricksmarlins. But surprisingly, the model looks almost the same. :laugh:

Star Destroyer Pictures

The observant viewer might detect the missing tiles with clip at the bars above the bridge. They are missing because of a wrong order. (I have 16x 4085 instead...) A future order will complete that.

On 12.9.2017 at 3:40 PM, caperica said:

What I would give... I have a 6211, anyone want to trade?

Well, uhm, no... *huh*