Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

I feel like there are somethings that are good and some that are not. Me personally won't get it because it (unpopular opinion) doesn't appeal to much to me. Of course its beautiful but I'm just not ready to spend $800 on a Millennium Falcon when I'm already spending an unknown amount on a Star Destroyer that is more than perfect! I'm good with a 2,000 piece MOC of the Falcon.

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

I see you have successfully attached the bottom panels :thumbup:

Yep! The last 2 days I have been waiting for the camera, because I wanted to take pictures of the modules in good quality!  Now I will finish the last steps.

1 hour ago, LEGORACER1 said:

Most impressive.:vader:    Fantastic builds all of them.

gallery_8754_6681_20137.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_16409.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

Awesome, so glad you were able to get the bottom panels on. Looks like you have a pretty intuitive grasp of how all the modules fit together.

One part of the engine section doesn't seem to be fitting quite right, though, might wanna recheck the part built at page 40 of book 4 :)

14 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Awesome, so glad you were able to get the bottom panels on. Looks like you have a pretty intuitive grasp of how all the modules fit together.

One part of the engine section doesn't seem to be fitting quite right, though, might wanna recheck the part built at page 40 of book 4 :)

Many Thanks!
Step 3 on page 40, the 1 x 2 plates were in the wrong position.
Now everything fits perfectly.
I will post new pics tomorrow.

With the bottom panel I had a little help from my dad. He was holding the Aggressor, so I had both hands free to attach the panels. It worked quite well. Tomorrow I will start to build the top panels, and put the rest together!

By the way, another member in the german IDS-Forum has already finished the job.
You can see it here.

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/topic/47303-ebenfalls-isd-agressor/page-2#entry816139

Edited by bricksmarlin

Next update Top panel with gun turret. The guns are moved through the axis within the engine.

gallery_8754_6681_182840.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_155125.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_73301.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_56534.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_138786.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_87954.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_47617.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

When you select "Add parts to BrickLink wanted list", you get 576 out of 579 lots.  It looks like those three missing ones are the stickers.  I just want to confirm.

Man, I love these progress photos. Combined with Mirkos U-Wing you're motoring along!

You forgot to upload a picture of your hands though...

36826061456_6448aba62a.jpg

Work completed! Here are some pics. Sorry for the picture quality, I will post better pictures by the weekend!
I have to say it was an awesome build and the result is just unbelievable! The way it is constructed, how good everything fits together, and all of that with this beautiful look is just stunning! It really is!

gallery_8754_6681_37476.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_70157.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_88215.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_20347.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_31990.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

11 hours ago, OCD_Chad said:

It looks like those three missing ones are the stickers.  I just want to confirm.

Yep

1 hour ago, bricksmarlin said:

Work completed! Here are some pics. Sorry for the picture quality, I will post better pictures by the weekend!
I have to say it was an awesome build and the result is just unbelievable! The way it is constructed, how good everything fits together, and all of that with this beautifull look is just stunning! It really is!

Cool, I'm glad you're pleased with it :) Looks like you got everything to fit together well.

Another builder just posted pics of his on reddit, so I believe there now are four of these ships in the wild (not counting the original), all of them completed this past weekend. Now I can breathe easier knowing that it's actually possible to follow the instructions to a satisfying conclusion.

14 minutes ago, Davenocheese said:

That really is a monster of a ship!! 

Haha, ask @bricksmarlin what moving it is like.

Edited by Raskolnikov

44 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Haha, ask @bricksmarlin what moving it is like.

Hold on a minute............you told me I would be able to lift this into my loft...........I now have visions of lying at the bottom of the loft ladder with 15,000 pieces of Lego on top of me.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Altogether I wouldn't move it! Without the top panels, superstructure and the bridge it is no problem! It is very sturdy, and you can grab it at the stand! But a ladder *huh* I don't know.

@Hunter003 Heh, I still think you'll be fine if you bring individual finished modules up or down the ladder. I just get some amusement out of how heavy the thing is when fully assembled--I think your visions would come true if you attempted to get up the ladder with it like that. It's like there's an actual brick hiding somewhere inside.

9 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

Without the top panels, superstructure and the bridge it is no problem! It is very sturdy, and you can grab it at the stand!

Yep, that's how it's intended to be moved, generally. So the SNOT-attached slopes on the main stand actually have a functional purpose--without them, the sharp corners of the bricks are really unpleasant.

Wow im going to get the instructions now!

Any chance that you will release instructions for the Constrictor?

Edited by TyGl200