Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

I will go with black because I already have them. Also, are there any other parts that can't be seen that you know of? Gotta save as much money as possible to get the rest of the ship.

Ooo... I really really want to build this! But I am not that keen about the interior.

All my builds are for display so I doubt I would open the interior at all. 

4 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Ooo... I really really want to build this! But I am not that keen about the interior.

All my builds are for display so I doubt I would open the interior at all. 

Normally it is the same with me, but the "aggressor" is incredible! Go for it! :grin::tongue:

Just now, bricksmarlin said:

Normally it is the same with me, but the "aggressor" is incredible! Go for it! :grin::tongue:

Maybe.... end of the year build... just maybe! :laugh:

19 minutes ago, Azrielsc said:

Maybe.... end of the year build... just maybe! :laugh:

That was my plan, too! Somehow it went wrong again! *huh*

If, as with this project the part number is high enough to make both good, then yes! In the discussions around the UCS Falcon for example! If he has an interior with the projected number of parts, then he does not look like I want it to, and then I prefer not to have an interior!

On 8/6/2017 at 1:53 AM, bricksmarlin said:

By the way, cool thing with the email for updating the instructions! You make a super job guys!!! Thanks so much :thumbup:

No problem! (Although I have a feeling that we're going to need to send out a few more of those emails once more people get further along in their builds)

On 8/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, Cyceron said:

This set is truly a masterpiece. I've been waiting for it since the first youtube video, great to see the finished job. Many thanks to both of you. I have one question though, would another form of payment than paypal be possible ?

Thanks! I sent you a private message on Eurobricks but I'm not sure if you can read it as a new user. At least for the moment, I'd prefer to keep it to PayPal. I'm not aware of any downsides to purchasers (since it's free and allows you to buy things online without giving people bank info), and if everyone buys through Sellfy/PayPal it makes the process of sending out updates very easy.

On 8/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, Azrielsc said:

I'd love to encourage you, but honestly a lot of the part count is related to enabling the interior in one way or another, from the complicated and strengthened frame to the system for removing the top panels. I tried to make it a great display model, too, but 15k bricks is an awful lot so I'm not sure someone would be satisfied unless they were really into the interior.

On 8/7/2017 at 6:43 PM, TyGl200 said:

Also, are there any other parts that can't be seen that you know of? Gotta save as much money as possible to get the rest of the ship.

Most parts of the ship are visible at some point, so nothing really comes to mind. I did try to avoid expensive bricks as a general rule, though.

Question.........I will probably have to build this beast downstairs and then lift into my loft when complete.......the fact that it separates to a degree will assist this....

My question is.....what are the dimensions of the main base part?......and do the stands come off of the main ship body or are they attached permanently?

24 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

Question.........I will probably have to build this beast downstairs and then lift into my loft when complete.......the fact that it separates to a degree will assist this....

My question is.....what are the dimensions of the main base part?......and do the stands come off of the main ship body or are they attached permanently?

According to the software, the model is 95.5 cm long. I don't know how accurate that is, but sounds pretty accurate.

The stands are removable, but the back stand can be a bit of work I believe. The front stand is attached using a few technic pins with bush. You take off the top panel, pull out the pins and voila. That's a few seconds of work. The back stand is attached using a pair of Technic axles. On its own it's also easily removable. But... to be able to access the axles, you need to remove the bottom panels, and the bottom panels (unlike the top panels) aren't really designed to be easily removable... I mean, the bottom panels are attached with a bunch of Technic pins with bush, that's not the difficult part. The difficult part is accessing those pins. You'll understand if you view the YouTube video linked in the instructions book 3 on page 263 :grin:

18 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

So what you're saying is........build it in the loft.........:laugh:

Well, @Raskolnikov is the expert here, but I believe he said somewhere here on the forums or on another website that you can move the model if you grab it at the stands and are careful. But you gotta ask him to confirm that :tongue:

31 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

So what you're saying is........build it in the loft.........:laugh:

Nah, you should be fine. 

To move the ship as a general matter, it's best to remove the top panels, superstructure, and command tower. I can do that in about 30 seconds (although I know my way around the ship pretty well, at this point). You can then pick up and move the remaining parts of the ship (including the frame, bottom panels, and engines) by gripping the stands.

You might not be able to get up a ladder like that, but if you need to you can remove the bottom panels and engine section. You could also remove the stands at that point, but there's probably no reason to. Anyway, the frame can easily be carried by one hand and is pretty indestructible. The process of removing or re-attaching the bottom panels and engines might take 10 minutes (for me, at least), but it's something that you might want to get familiar with anyway.

Another magnificent starship from you!

I´m really impressed by the way you decreased your Tyrant and maintaining all the beautiful interior in this smaller version. There is also no lacking of details - the shape is great. Best part is the big megablocks with those engines :)

Greetings Kommander

4 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

I'm currently sorting pieces I have. I need some tips for sorting parts for the MOC.

What do you mean exactly? With me each lot gets a bag / mug!

That's what I have been doing. It seems to be working pretty well. I have multiple plastic bags for wing pieces and technic bricks. I also have 3 boxes with multiple slots that I put individual piece type in.

Laying 15,000 pieces out in an organized fashion is proving to be a bit more of a challenge than I had anticipated. 

7 hours ago, Schneeds said:

Laying 15,000 pieces out in an organized fashion is proving to be a bit more of a challenge than I had anticipated. 

Pictures!

10 hours ago, Schneeds said:

Well keep working on it! I haven't even bought the instructions yet and I have about a couple hundred pieces at the moment. I really need to start working harder because school always gets I the way.