Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

Little change of plans, I think I'll tackle the aggressor a bit earlier than actually planned.

Glad to hear it!

Rasko, How many minifigs can this carry?

I use a crew of 21, which leaves it feeling pretty roomy inside. The two pics I took of the crew basically show my "recommended crew." That doesn't count Vader or Thrawn (who make appearances in the pics), though.  Since I left the conference room pretty much empty, and since there are seats open in the canteen and barracks, you could easily squeeze in 10 more figs without it feeling too crowded.

Also, some quick updates: The Aggressor is currently at Brickfair VA, not sure if anyone is in the area. We also rolled out the first updated version of the instructions (and I have a feeling we're going to be doing some more of that in the not-so-distant future).

3500 pieces from my leftovers!

gallery_8754_6681_63966.jpg

By the way, cool thing with the email for updating the instructions! You make a super job guys!!! Thanks so much :thumbup:

4 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

3500 pieces from my leftovers!

[snip]

By the way, cool thing with the email for updating the instructions! You make a super job guys!!! Thanks so much :thumbup:

I hope you got a few more leftovers, because someone found two errors in the instructions that change the parts list. The parts list is not yet changed and the instructions aren't either, but in case anyone wants to know beforehand:

• The most frustrating one: 36 LBG 1x2 tiles actually need to be 36 LBG 1x2 grilles :blush:
  • There's 1 LBG 1x1 plate too much in the parts list
  • There's 1 LBG 2x4 tile which actually has to be a 2x2 tile + a 2x2 corner tile (or you could keep using the 2x4 tile and have a 1x1 plate + 1x1 tile as leftovers)

The good news: the guy that found the errors was at book 5 I believe, so that means (fingers crossed) that book 1-4 are pretty much problem free :tongue:

57 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

I hope you got a few more leftovers

Leftovers? No! But I order something from time to time! *huh*

gallery_8754_6681_5421.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

3 hours ago, legolijntje said:

The good news: the guy that found the errors was at book 5 I believe, so that means (fingers crossed) that book 1-4 are pretty much problem free :tongue:

I'm contemplating doing this as a (very!) long term project.  Curious how many books are in the instructions?  Could the parts list be broken down by book/? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

I'm contemplating doing this as a (very!) long term project.  Curious how many books are in the instructions?  Could the parts list be broken down by book/? Thanks!

There are 8 in total. But the size differs a lot (the largest one is 345 pages and the smallest one is 16 pages).

A parts list per book is possible I think, but that requires a bit of work and they probably wouldn't be 100% correct. :sceptic:

4 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Leftovers? No! But I order something from time to time! *huh*

Well, got some news for you (again). I was confusing two things earlier. You don't have to remove a 2x4 tile in favor of a 2x2 tile and a 2x2 corner tile. You can just remove a 1x2 tile and be done with it. :blush:

So after some of the mistakes in the instructions how much does that put you? (If there are a significant parts count change)

Just saw the video; I'm even more excited now!  I'm just waiting on my last big order.  The other 8 have already arrived!

3 minutes ago, TyGl200 said:

So after some of the mistakes in the instructions how much does that put you? (If there are a significant parts count change)

The total piece hasn't really changed as far as I can tell.  I just came up with a ratio for ordering extra parts.  20 items +1, 30 items +2, etc.  With a 15,000 piece model, when ordering 400 pieces of a brick it's best to do 25-30 (or more for really cheap pieces) to account for errors in both the shipper, and the instructions.  There's no way I'm going to count all these pieces. 

34 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

Just saw the video; I'm even more excited now!  I'm just waiting on my last big order.  The other 8 have already arrived!

The total piece hasn't really changed as far as I can tell.  I just came up with a ratio for ordering extra parts.  20 items +1, 30 items +2, etc.  With a 15,000 piece model, when ordering 400 pieces of a brick it's best to do 25-30 (or more for really cheap pieces) to account for errors in both the shipper, and the instructions.  There's no way I'm going to count all these pieces. 

Amen :grin: !

3 hours ago, Schneeds said:

Thanks! I haven't bought the instructions yet but I will for sure investing in this. I would also love to see Rasko's interpretation of the Ghost from Rebels!

Well I have decided to undertake this mammoth task.......it shall be my background project......lack of space was holding me back but after a shuffle of the old Lego room today, I now find myself with the perfect corner to display this beast.

I plan on making one Bricklink order a fortnight to keep momentum going. I am also considering dismantling the UCS Falcon for parts and space....

Realistically, I would like to have it done for Christmas however we shall see how far the budget will have been stretched.

On a side note......I installed some colour changing led's under my shelves today.....it really makes the trans green light sabers pop as if they are lit up!!

Edited by Hunter003
Adding photos

19 hours ago, legolijntje said:

There are 8 in total. But the size differs a lot (the largest one is 345 pages and the smallest one is 16 pages).

A parts list per book is possible I think, but that requires a bit of work and they probably wouldn't be 100% correct. :sceptic:

I would really love that! Makes the project much more manageable and let me start sooner! So please give it a go! :wink:

FYI: version 1.1 apparently contained a few wrong images spread through the various books. The problem was that LPub saves the images of the steps so it doesn't have to regenerate unless the model changes. However, the various books apparently produce the same image name for a few steps so LPub thought it already generated those images while in reality it was actually using images from a different book. This (alongside some other problems and changes) will be fixed in an upcoming version. One noteworthy change that isn't mentioned here already (like the 36 tiles -> grilles) is the fact that we changed 2 2x2 turntables from LBG to black; LBG version is apparently crazy expensive and it doesn't necessarily have to be LBG.

I hope that people who have already bought an LBG version don't feel scammed :grin:

You will receive the new version later today or tomorrow.

As for parts lists per book: I'll take a look at it, but it's not at the top of my priority list at the moment. Probably later this week. :classic:

Just now, legolijntje said:

we changed 2 2x2 turntables from LBG to black; LBG version is apparently crazy expensive and it doesn't necessarily have to be LBG.

Part number?

@Raskolnikov @legolijntje

This set is truly a masterpiece. I've been waiting for it since the first youtube video, great to see the finished job. Many thanks to both of you. I have one question though, would another form of payment than paypal be possible ? I know that Paypal is very popular in the USA, but living in Germany, I had already very bad experience with them. A direct bank transfer would have come in handy via p a private message. Best regards. 

Edited by Cyceron

3 hours ago, legolijntje said:

is the fact that we changed 2 2x2 turntables from LBG to black; LBG version is apparently crazy expensive and it doesn't necessarily have to be LBG.

I was already going to do that!:laugh:

9 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

"doesn't necessarily"........mmmmh, I think I don`t like that. I will stay with the LBG ones!

Maybe a poor choice of words from my side. They're complete invisible... :blush:

15 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

Maybe a poor choice of words from my side. They're complete invisible... :blush:

No problem! Thanks for the info!