Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

Thanks guys!

@caperica Is there anything in particular that you'd use the TIEs for if they were available separately?  Just curious, since they're primarily designed to fit in a small space.  They do match the Vader's TIE in the Death Star sets pretty well, I suppose.

I now have a dilemma that no doubt others have as well.  I have a 10030 ISD.  The collector in me wants to keep that on display but practically it doesn't make sense given that the two are similar in size and thus would take up a lot of space.  With all of my UCS sets and the growing number of MOCs that I have already planned,  space Is now a serious issue.  

Im leaning towards packing up my 10030 and replacing it with this although that would mean that my official UCS collection on display would be missing one of the Crown Jewels!  

Yeah, space definitely is an issue for me as well. If you decide to go for it, I'd be really interested in seeing a video or at least some pictures comparing the Aggressor and the 10030. I never owned a 10030 myself :(

I've modded my 10030 a fair amount and added quite a bit of detail but the Aggressor looks like a much more substantial model.  I'll probably have to buff the 10030 more to bring it up to snuff :)

8 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

@caperica Is there anything in particular that you'd use the TIEs for if they were available separately?  Just curious, since they're primarily designed to fit in a small space.  They do match the Vader's TIE in the Death Star sets pretty well, I suppose.

They look like a good scale match to my UCS Falcon, since that is also much smaller than minifig scale. They also look too big for a 7965 or such. Plus, they are totally awesome and a good size to make a fleet out of.

That's just gorgeous !! Would love to build it myself one of these days, the detail is exquisite !

Now it's time for me to say thank you for the opportunity to build this great model. I think many of us here in the forum have often and long admired the mighty "Tyrant", by the way, Rasko it's a masterpiece.....unbelievable. That's why I'm incredibly pleased that Raskolnikov, and of course Legolijntje are now giving us the possibility to build the smaller "monster" ourselves. I have ordered the first parts, but only everything rare, the stickers and some of the bigger lots at the moment (safety first). I have to finish other projects first.

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to this awesome Moc.

greetings

Steffen

Edited by bricksmarlin

Make more TIES with instructions. I love how you are able to get them all in the Star Destroyer. They are really small so they make the Star Destroyers look more intimidating. Would love to see a Defender.

12 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

Make more TIES with instructions. I love how you are able to get them all in the Star Destroyer. They are really small so they make the Star Destroyers look more intimidating. Would love to see a Defender.

Yeah, a defender would also be awesome. A shame TLG didnt re make one of those after they put blue on their first.

4 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

I feel LEGO might make a Defender for Rebels.

I haven't seen all of those yet, I didn't know they were in that.

Hopefully!

After looking through my LBG / DBG parts the result is, "tata".... I have 498 lots and 13.222 parts to go! Still alot, but better than nothing!

gallery_8754_6681_67593.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

8 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

After looking trough my LBG / DBG parts the result is, "tata".... I have 498 lots and 13.222 parts to go! Still alot, but better than nothing!

*Snip - Star wars Room Pic*

Damn I'm jealous of your Star Wars room!! 

6 hours ago, legolijntje said:

:laugh: It sure looks like you're no stranger to big Star Wars models.

Not anymore I guess! After returning from my dark ages in march 2016 my main focus lies on Star Wars UCS and some of the bigger sets like Ghostbuster Headquarter, Simpsons House, Kwik E-Mart.....stuff like that! At the moment I'm working on the last little steps to finish my "Mortesv" fleet!

2 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

Damn I'm jealous of your Star Wars room!! 

Thanks Dave....to be honest, this is my corridor, I have no "Lego room" :tongue:

You can find some better pictures here!

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/member/8754-bricksmarlin/

19 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

Not anymore I guess! After returning from my dark ages in march 2016 my main focus lies on Star Wars UCS and some of the bigger sets like Ghostbuster Headquarter, Simpsons House, Kwik E-Mart.....stuff like that! At the moment I'm working on the last little steps to finish my "Mortesv" fleet!

Thanks Dave....to be honest, this is my corridor, I have no "Lego room" :tongue:

You can find some better pictures here!

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/member/8754-bricksmarlin/

Are there any instructions for those blockade runners?

On 7/30/2017 at 2:20 PM, Schneeds said:

I've modded my 10030 a fair amount and added quite a bit of detail but the Aggressor looks like a much more substantial model.  I'll probably have to buff the 10030 more to bring it up to snuff :)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them together. Have you started building at all or are you waiting for that vacation?

Thanks, I guess I have considered doing a couple more custom TIEs in that scale but I'm not sure they'll have instructions. I was thinking that it'd add a lot of playability to have a nice TIE Advanced (or prototype) that's capable of landing inside the destroyers. I have to rule out Defenders due to the wing shape, though.

Also @bricksmarlin Jeez, that is quite the collection of large Star Wars MOCs, I hope the ISD can live up to them :)

Hey, I was just wondering about your next project. I've always loved massive star destroyer MOCs, but they are always too expensive to build. Any chance you could create something smaller (fewer than 1200 parts) that would have free instructions? My heart says yes to all of your creations, but then my wallet says NO. I really love this ship by the way. I'd also be glad to promote this smaller project. Lastly, I also need inspiration on how to make a Star Destroyer, so an LDD file would be greatly beneficial to new MOC makers like me.

2 hours ago, caperica said:

Are there any instructions for those blockade runners?

Not from my version! I used the photos of Mortes flicker account to reverse engineer them! I didn't create a lxf. file because I have never worked with LDD! But forum member @EKae has a lxf. file of his version!

53 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Also @bricksmarlin Jeez, that is quite the collection of large Star Wars MOCs, I hope the ISD can live up to them :)

Don't sell yourself below value! It sure will! Your Tyrant and also the Aggressor are so unbelievable I still can't believe that this monster will be standing here in some time! Can't wait to see that happen! Thanks again for the opportunity to build a masterpiece like this! It will be a pleasure :wub::wub::wub:

Edited by bricksmarlin

1 hour ago, bricksmarlin said:

Not from my version! I used the photos of Mortes flicker account to reverse engineer them! I didn't create a lxf. file because I have never worked with LDD! But forum member @EKae has a lxf. file of his version!

Thank you!

Hey, I was just wondering about your next project. I've always loved massive star destroyer MOCs, but they are always too expensive to build. Any chance you could create something smaller (fewer than 1200 parts) that would have free instructions? My heart says yes to all of your creations, but then my wallet says NO. I really love this ship by the way. I'd also be glad to promote this smaller project. Lastly, I also need inspiration on how to make a Star Destroyer, so an LDD file would be greatly beneficial to new MOC makers like me.

My next project is to finally figure out what I'm going to do with the furniture in my living room :P  

Honestly, LEGO's set 75055 is right around that parts range, and I think it's a great set.  It's now overpriced on the secondary market, but you could bricklink most of the parts or just wait for the First Order set, which looks like it's built in pretty much the same way.  The instructions are available for free online, just like with other official sets.

Little change of plans, I think I'll tackle the aggressor a bit earlier than actually planned. The first four orders are out, all lots with over 100 parts. 5088 parts altogether.Just below 500€.

Edited by bricksmarlin

Maybe people who are buying/have bought the parts would like to know: the parts list changed slightly. Two LBG 1x1 round plates have been changed to two LBG 1x1 round plates with hole.

There's a little change on page 45 of book 4, step 5: to make the model sturdier, you have to add two 6L bars going through the 1x1 round bricks and plate. I did add the bars in the source model, but I just forgot to add them to the instructions, so I'm pretty sure the 6L bars were already in the parts list, but I'll check this later to make sure EDIT: yup, parts list was already correct. When @Raskolnikov noticed the bars were missing, I noticed I forgot to swap the plates for plates with holes.

Just FYI :wink: