Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

11 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

As much as I want to see it happen... You are going to need to buy a warehouse to build and display it.

Well it doesn't have to be minifig scale-.- probably about 60 inchesish.

this is amazing! I wouldn't mind a video of how it opens up. It almost looks in the pictures like the same size as the Tyrant!

Had to buy a new table, huh?

Thanks!  Yeah, I did have to get a new table.  The Aggressor is on the same one that the Tyrant used to be on (which the Tyrant actually damaged, due to the stands digging into the wood).  And yeah, I'm working on more video showing the Aggressor's features.

The Tie fighters that are in this amazing moc, how do they compare size wise to set 75082 Tie Advanced Prototype?

The TIEs are one of my favorite parts as well.  It's also kind of fun that they fit in Tyrant's shuttle bay, so that ship can carry four or more TIEs now.  Size-wise, they're definitely smaller than the TIE Advanced Prototype, but I guess they wouldn't look too silly next to it if you pretend that the Prototype is some kind of super TIE (I guess that is what it is, but I think it's supposed to be smaller than a regular TIE in canon).

Would it be possible to change in the BI the color of all 'hidden' parts to red meaning 'choose-whatever-color-you-have-laying-around'?
I wonder how many parts that would affect. The model will become reachable for a lot more people (like me) if a few thousand parts can be used in every color you like!
Also I think the BI will become less error prone when using multiple colors. May be that is the main reason LEGO does this as well?

I concur with Legolijntje.  Most parts of the ship can be visible at some point, so there's not too much we can do there.  A number of pieces could probably be black, lbg, or dbg in color, though--just not, like, red or yellow.  In fact, we made some technic parts black in the instructions, but in the built ship they're mostly lbg because that's what I had on hand.  Either probably looks fine.  I don't think we can do much with this in terms of instructions, but if someone is trying to use a lot of parts from their own collection, they could probably make some substitutions along the way.

I also agree that more colors would make things less error prone.  Some sections of the instructions (which I think are the best they can be) do involve large images of a mostly monochromatic panel, etc., and you have to place a few monochromatic pieces on it.  There are a lot of helpful arrows and circles and hints spread throughout, but any builder will definitely have to be careful and take their time.

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

I also agree that more colors would make things less error prone.  Some sections of the instructions (which I think are the best they can be) do involve large images of a mostly monochromatic panel, etc., and you have to place a few monochromatic pieces on it.  There are a lot of helpful arrows and circles and hints spread throughout, but any builder will definitely have to be careful and take their time.

Yeah, that's true. I think the best way to build this model is to actually pick all the parts in the parts list before building that step to make sure you're not overlooking any parts.

Well, I have all the parts ordered.  This is going to be interesting.

If I had the patience that I had when I BL'd the falcon, I probably would have done a large Bricks n Pieces order, but the thought of getting out the spreadsheets was simply too daunting. 

Surprisingly I only did a little better manually selecting the stores than Bricklink's Autofinder function.  Pretty impressive.  Probably wasn't even worth my time to do it manually. 

4 hours ago, Schneeds said:

Well, I have all the parts ordered.  This is going to be interesting.

If I had the patience that I had when I BL'd the falcon, I probably would have done a large Bricks n Pieces order, but the thought of getting out the spreadsheets was simply too daunting. 

Surprisingly I only did a little better manually selecting the stores than Bricklink's Autofinder function.  Pretty impressive.  Probably wasn't even worth my time to do it manually. 

Do you ever try the "find best deal" option in the autofinder? It sometimes gives lots from outside the country, but it seems to work really well. It put Rasko's AT-AT at about $300.

Edited by caperica

26 minutes ago, caperica said:

Do you ever try the "find best deal" option in the autofinder? It sometimes gives lots from outside the country, but it seems to work really well. It put Rasko's AT-AT at about $300.

I filter it so it only takes stores from the US. 

17 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

How can I check how many parts from 75055 I can use?

Does this help?

Well for 25 bucks you got my vote now comes the slow process of collecting the parts over the next few months! The instructions are amazing great job!

2 minutes ago, caperica said:

can you make instructions for your TIEs?

Instructions for the TIEs are included in the instructions for the ISD. So at the moment, you can only get those by buying instructions for the full ISD.
Not sure if @Raskolnikov wants to separate those in the future though, that's up to him.

20 hours ago, legolijntje said:

Does this help?

Thanks a lot! 

So I already have a 6% of the Aggressor. Is there any way I can update my Aggressor Wanted List by adding those shared parts from 75055 automatically? Or do I have to do it manually?

4 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Thanks a lot! 

So I already have a 6% of the Aggressor. Is there any way I can update my Aggressor Wanted List by adding those shared parts from 75055 automatically? Or do I have to do it manually?

Well, as far as I know there's not really a way to automatically update a wanted list at Bricklink (I assume you mean Bricklink's wanted list feature). You can create a new wanted list based on the non-shared parts by pressing the export button on the Rebrickable page. But that's only useful if you haven't altered the original wanted list already of course.

Just now, legolijntje said:

Well, as far as I know there's not really a way to automatically update a wanted list at Bricklink (I assume you mean Bricklink's wanted list feature). You can create a new wanted list based on the non-shared parts by pressing the export button on the Rebrickable page. But that's only useful if you haven't altered the original wanted list already of course.

Oh I haven't! So I will export the non shared parts for sure. Thanks a lot!

22 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

When I upload the new parts list I get this message: Invalid File Format: Content is not allowed in prolog.

What am I doing wrong?

1 minute ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

As Bricklink XML mate.

Well, uhm, that's weird. Well, you could do the same but with a little detour.

Export the parts as Rebrickable CSV. Then import the parts into a Rebrickable 'Custom List'. Then go to that custom list and press the tab 'Buy parts'. Then press the button 'Add Parts to Bricklink Wanted List'. That should work. I'll take a look at the failing export/import tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

Well, uhm, that's weird. Well, you could do the same but with a little detour.

Export the parts as Rebrickable CSV. Then import the parts into a Rebrickable 'Custom List'. Then go to that custom list and press the tab 'Buy parts'. Then press the button 'Add Parts to Bricklink Wanted List'. That should work. I'll take a look at the failing export/import tomorrow. 

That worked and priced dropped to 908£ + Shipping and Instructions.

Not bad I guess, still will take me months to save up for this.

Thanks a lot legolijntje.

Btw is there any plan for the Constrictor instructions?

I haven't bought the instructions yet but I already have 6% of the pieces. Just have to look through all my greys and see what I have.

ISD's are some of my favorite imperial ships, and this one looks phenomenal. I really like everything on this, both inside and out. Stellar work.

First of all an immense design.  I think this rivals Mortsev's Nebulon!  Now there would be an interesting debate!

I now have a dilemma that no doubt others have as well.  I have a 10030 ISD.  The collector in me wants to keep that on display but practically it doesn't make sense given that the two are similar in size and thus would take up a lot of space.  With all of my UCS sets and the growing number of MOCs that I have already planned,  space Is now a serious issue.  

Im leaning towards packing up my 10030 and replacing it with this although that would mean that my official UCS collection on display would be missing one of the Crown Jewels!  

Also I must say from a pricing perspective this is great value given the number of pieces.

@Mamma Mia Bricks - If you're considering this, I'd definately recommend shopping around for potential suppliers as stores with a lot of stock are generally more expensive.  It may also be worth using a combination of Bricklink, plus LEGO's ' Pick a Brick' and 'Bricks and Pieces'; generally Bricklink will be cheaper for smaller parts (e.g. technic pins, greebling etc) but often LEGO is better for the larger plates (especially as they have a fixed postage cost, and they tend to get quite heavy when purchased in bulk!).

If you haven't used Bricklink that much, I'd be happy to recommend several UK suppliers which I've used - just PM me :classic: