36075360956_d4a6766962_b.jpg

The Cast

35017791514_164ee215c0_t.jpgDebby Brickolds, Creative Executive (DarkDragon) NPC
35859153015_354b8cba41_t.jpgKevin Spastud, Creative Executive (KotZ) NPC

35818780426_0400b0cf7a_t.jpgAri Nougat, Agent (Shadows)
35471497910_e3a646f4bb_t.jpgAudrey Hepbrick, Actress (Dragonator)
35121493983_bde343a58c_t.jpg Brick Affleck, Writer-Director/(bad) Actor (Actor Builder)
35818780316_56b20545eb_t.jpgBrickald Reagan, BAG (Brick Actors Guild) Representative (TinyPiesRUs)
35727494761_4a3402a342_t.jpgBrickie, Dog Actor (Bob)
35727494651_a67ff09612_t.jpgFinn Foley, Sound Guy (Tariq J)
35859153225_db54721fe0_t.jpgGlenn Clutch, Actress (WhiteFang)
35727494501_304c196a98_t.jpgGopher, PA/Intern (Zepher)
35727494431_67f916effb_t.jpg Legonardo Brickcaprio, Actor (Umbra-Manis)
35727494341_d3e4c93ecc_t.jpgNash Bricksman, Writer (mediumsnowman)
35727494281_2353c5e276_t.jpgRoger Ebrick, Critic (Lord Duvors)
35859152675_73260a7d03_t.jpgRosamund Bricke, Wardrobe Designer (Rider Raider)
35727494061_d7ec8b12e6_t.jpgStudcille B DeMille, Director (Khscarymovie4)
35859152425_96d5fee301_t.jpgThelma Brickmacher, Film Editor (Kintobor)
35727493971_b4cd6e466e_t.jpgWilliam Plastic, Director of Photography (jluck)

Credits have Rolled:
35727495011_8f85e787d2_t.jpgBob Fosstud, Choreographer (PatRat) - ABS

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the ABS (Town) or the Burpamount (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum/Evil characters, while the Scum must outnumber the Town. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. Every “day” is 72 hours long. That’s 3 days. Plenty of time. You can’t vote for the first 24 hours, but as soon as the 25th hour begins, you can. At the end of the 72 hours, the Night stage follows for a majority of 48 hours.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game hosts. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Quoting PMs from other players will result in a same-day 3-vote penalty against you for each incident.
  7. Do not play the game outside the day-thread and PMs. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Play with your roles. Have fun with them and get into character, you'll enjoy the game more.
  8. If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form. This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication with the exception of the deadboard, provided to you by the game hosts. The deadboard is for dead-to-dead player communication only. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the hosts immediately. Violation of this rule will result in instant mod-kill, taking away of your Oscar, and bad press.
  9. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a 2-vote penalty. All EB staff can see ALL edits. This is your only warning.
  10. You must post in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 1-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  11. You must vote in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 1-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  12. These rules will not change through the game. Do not pester the hosts about changing any rules.
  13. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your role PM. All other forms of communications will be ignored.
  14. There are no clues in the photos.
  15. There are no clues in the photos!
  16. Characters were created separately from roles being assigned, so the type of expression/headgear/tone/clothing/etc has nothing to do with what team a character is on.
  17. Placement of a character within a photo does not indicate what team the character is on.
  18. Some figures have dual-sided heads and the heads might be turned around for photos if the scene warrants it. This is not an indication of the allegiance of the character!
  19. There are no clues in the photos.
  20. Play and have fun. Be silly, serious, comedic, dramatic, whatever you think works to help your team win. Just remember it's a game.

Unfortunate, though not unsurprising, that Fosstud was one of us. Lack of kills is interesting, to say the least. A game of this size is unlikely to have a vigilante, but it is possible. Either the blocker/protector got lucky, or the scum passed on the kill to perform some other action, such as a recruit. :look: I don't see any reason they would choose not to kill on Night 1.

While it is not a surprise that Fosstud is loyal, but the unfortunate lack of participation is the cause of his demise. 

My conclusion is we ought to have a vigilantie and he or she may choose not to use it. If is a successful protection, then we will see it in the above sequence. The lack of the Burpamount (killing) is more interesting, being the scummy person, they have not done any killing which is very strange and if is a successful block, we ought to see that too. Not sure if is any constrain on their end, but we ought to put our thoughts together. 

On my part, I need to consolidate some of my personal thoughts too before sharing. 

Howdy everyone, what a beautiful night's sleep!  Somehow I doubt there'll be any conversions in a game this small, but if there is, I think the scum would be more likely to use it later on when someone has been confirmed to have ABS. Presumably that means their kill was unsuccessful last night. 

It seems more likely that the lack of a kill is the result of a protection rather than a block. There's a higher probability that both the protector and the scum killer targeted the same A-lister than the blocker taking a stab in the dark and getting lucky. Having said that, if we do have a blocker, they should certainly keep an eye on whoever they targeted last night.

23 minutes ago, TinyPiesRUs said:

Somehow I doubt there'll be any conversions in a game this small

I don't know, the last screenplay I wrote, something like "Shields and Snakes," I believe, it's been a long time, featured about this many actors and featured a conversion as a rather prominent plot device.

Seems we had an... uninteresting night last night. Which ultimately in turn means that it's ridiculously interesting in how uninteresting it was. 

1 hour ago, TinyPiesRUs said:

Howdy everyone, what a beautiful night's sleep!  Somehow I doubt there'll be any conversions in a game this small, but if there is, I think the scum would be more likely to use it later on when someone has been confirmed to have ABS. Presumably that means their kill was unsuccessful last night. 

It seems more likely that the lack of a kill is the result of a protection rather than a block. There's a higher probability that both the protector and the scum killer targeted the same A-lister than the blocker taking a stab in the dark and getting lucky. Having said that, if we do have a blocker, they should certainly keep an eye on whoever they targeted last night.

If you had to take a guess as to who the A-Lister was, Reagan, who'd it be? 

Hmm, Mr Fostuud being an ABS is no surprise, still not sure why people went for him.

Lack of kills is interesting, there are some Vigilantes and Scum kill roles that only kill on say even numbered nights, so 2,4,6 etc. Which would explain the lack of kills.

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

If you had to take a guess as to who the A-Lister was, Reagan, who'd it be? 

Well, if I have to take a guess... Ari and Audrey tend to be quite conspicuous targets on night ones. Don't tell them that though, they'll start getting all big-headed. 

A surprisingly quiet night, that could be a good sign, but I'm not putting a lot of faith in it. We're going to have to do a better job today, though I'm not sure how we're going to do that with nothing to go on from last night.

37 minutes ago, TinyPiesRUs said:

Well, if I have to take a guess... Ari and Audrey tend to be quite conspicuous targets on night ones. Don't tell them that though, they'll start getting all big-headed. 

Don't be so modest, Brickald, you're pretty high up there, too. Hell, if you went into politics ... nah, that's ridiculous. :grin:

Ok here's my vote analysis from Day One:

I voted first for Gopher, after Mrs Brickolds announced voting had begun and no one had said anything for 4 hours, so it was too act as a catalyst to kick off the discussion basically, Mrs Bricke then voted for Brickie, also to kick start a discussion, and given Brickie hadn't said anything up and till this point that was fair enough. Seeing That Mr Fostuud had also not said anything Thelma voted for him with the same reasons as Mrs Bricke, stating she would remove the vote if he came and spoke up. Mr Affleck then came along and voted for Mr Ebrick, which seems fine at first but he then came and said something about not wanting to lynch anyone which is a very odd thing to say since day One lunches are the most important, I don't think it makes him scum but it is an odd thing to say.

Mr Reagan then comes along and votes for me for what is quite possibly the worst reason in the History of Mafia simple because I voted first, providing no other reasoning. Mr Plastic came along soon after and voted for Mr affleck about his no lynch on Day One comment, which was a legitimate reason to vote for him. Mr Gopher voted for me in what was quite possibly the second worst reason in Mafia History since I voted for him he votes for me, UM then votes for Mr Bricksman because of his distracting argument with Affleck, like, Mr Plastic, it seemed a fairly legitimate reason to vote. Mrs Bricke then changes her vote to Mr Fostuud for his inactivity, Noughat, Hepbrick and Clutch also vote for Mr Fostudd, all three sheepishly voting for him, reiterating what everyone else has already state just saying the usual, "he's lurking he must be scum" kind of thing. UM then changes his vote to Mr Fostuud as does Mr Brickson both wanting to secure a majority, Studcille also votes for Mr Fostudd again reiterating what others have said and not actually giving any legitimate reasons. 

The votes that look scummiest are Noughat, Mrs Hepbrick and Mr Clutch and Mr Studcille, with their reasoning going down the usual "he's inactive" vote and just reiterating what others have said throughout the day to make their posts look bigger, Mr Gophers vote was also incredibly sheepish, and I'm not just saying that because he voted for me. 

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Hmm, Mr Fostuud being an ABS is no surprise, still not sure why people went for him.

Lack of kills is interesting, there are some Vigilantes and Scum kill roles that only kill on say even numbered nights, so 2,4,6 etc. Which would explain the lack of kills.

It's easy to defend a dead townie infer their allegiance is revealed, but the reason for the lynch was pretty clear. Even as a townie Fostuud was a distraction. 

Also, it's possible the scum have a weird killing mechanism but for now I think a simple solution is more likely. A block is much more common. 

It isn't unheard of for the scum to skip a night 1 kill to make the blocker or protector think he/she got lucky, as well as give the town very little info. All we really have now is voting patterns to go off of.

Bark! Good morning friends! 

2 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

It isn't unheard of for the scum to skip a night 1 kill to make the blocker or protector think he/she got lucky, as well as give the town very little info. All we really have now is voting patterns to go off of.

An interesting point to be sure, and one that I hadn't thought of. I don't think I've ever seen it done before on here in any previous games of life, but my memory might be fuzzy. After all, I'm just a dog! Typically the scum go for the early kill to whittle down the town's numbers as fast as possible. This leads me to believe that the blocker/protector did get lucky, but the question is which one? 

Please excuse me, the experimental voice communicator given to me so I can speak to you all is acting up so I'd like to get it checked out. 

The votes that look scummiest are Noughat, Mrs Hepbrick and Mr Clutch and Mr Studcille, with their reasoning going down the usual "he's inactive" vote and just reiterating what others have said throughout the day to make their posts look bigger, Mr Gophers vote was also incredibly sheepish, and I'm not just saying that because he voted for me. 

Oops, I almost forgot to comment on this! I'd mentioned that I thought that Fosstud was an innocent confused townie being thrown under the bus in his first game, which is why I didn't vote for him. While it's good to single out just a few of the people that voted for Fosstud, I think everyone that voted for him might as well be a suspect. It's an easy lynch for the scum to straight away say "right, let's get rid of the quiet guy" and all gang up on him and pass it off as a town move. We don't know exactly why Fosstud dropped off the face of the Earth mid-game, but I know that everyone that voted for him and that jumped on that bandwagon so eagerly is a bit of a suspect in my eyes. 

Yes, that might be a lot of people, you say, but there's guaranteed to be multiple scum in there. The people who stuck to their guns and voted for others that they thought suspicious are more than likely to be innocent ABS. They didn't vote tactically to get rid of someone they knew was confirmed town. That's not to say that some of the people who didn't vote for Fosstud aren't scum, but I think a lot of them aren't. Be extra noteworthy of lofty dialogue like "we need a lynch" or "it's day one" when people either changed their vote to Fosstud or voted for him for the first time. 

Then you've myself and Roger that didn't vote. I usually don't vote on Day One unless someone really strikes me as suspicious or I'm required to (I didn't see I was required to in this game :blush:) but I still wouldn't have voted for Fosstud. I don't know who I would have voted for and at this point I'm not sure it really matters. I might have still even abstained from voting. 

3 hours ago, jluck said:

It's easy to defend a dead townie infer their allegiance is revealed, but the reason for the lynch was pretty clear. Even as a townie Fostuud was a distraction. 

I see what you're saying but at least if we went for someone else they would say something to defend themselves and depending on whether they flip that would be something to go on. Plus it makes it easier for scum to jump on the bandwagon as Mr Fostuud wasn't able to defend himself. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Oops, I almost forgot to comment on this! I'd mentioned that I thought that Fosstud was an innocent confused townie being thrown under the bus in his first game, which is why I didn't vote for him. While it's good to single out just a few of the people that voted for Fosstud, I think everyone that voted for him might as well be a suspect. It's an easy lynch for the scum to straight away say "right, let's get rid of the quiet guy" and all gang up on him and pass it off as a town move. We don't know exactly why Fosstud dropped off the face of the Earth mid-game, but I know that everyone that voted for him and that jumped on that bandwagon so eagerly is a bit of a suspect in my eyes. 

Yes, that might be a lot of people, you say, but there's guaranteed to be multiple scum in there. The people who stuck to their guns and voted for others that they thought suspicious are more than likely to be innocent ABS. They didn't vote tactically to get rid of someone they knew was confirmed town. That's not to say that some of the people who didn't vote for Fosstud aren't scum, but I think a lot of them aren't. Be extra noteworthy of lofty dialogue like "we need a lynch" or "it's day one" when people either changed their vote to Fosstud or voted for him for the first time. 

I get what you're saying, this is why I also, was against Mr Fostuud being the choice of lynch, if we voted for someone who was at least a little more active they could have voiced their suspicions, thoughts on who was scum etc. And then when they flipped the following day we could've worked back from there. But Mr Fostuud was completely inactive and he didn't say any of those things, so other than the fact he's town, we literally have nothing on him. Assuming there's about 3 people in the scum team (which seems about right for a game this size) I'd say at least 2 are distrubuted somewhere among the bandwagon.

In another life of mine when I was a Security Guard on board the SHIELD Helicarrier, the scum kept trying to recruit players but it never worked because they kept unintentionally targeting PR roles, thus resulting in a lack of kills for the scum team. possibly something similar similar happening here.

I think we're dealing with a wide range of possibilities for what happened last night, including the aforementioned:

• Blocker blocked scum kill
  • Even day only kill
  • Protector got lucky
  • Burpamount is megablocking with our heads
  • Failed Recruitment

But I think we could also be seeing another thing in play, such as a bulletproof townie (I don't remember one happening in any games I've played, but it's been a while) or just complicated scum kill requirements. Our studio execs have both done this before, so there's definitely a higher chance of crazy roles than in our most recent 2 games (JJP's small scale Convention and medium's first run as host in Shield v. Hydra)

26 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I think we're dealing with a wide range of possibilities for what happened last night, including the aforementioned:

• Even day only kill
  • Protector got lucky
  • Failed Recruitment

But I think we could also be seeing another thing in play, such as a bulletproof townie (I don't remember one happening in any games I've played, but it's been a while) or just complicated scum kill requirements. Our studio execs have both done this before, so there's definitely a higher chance of crazy roles than in our most recent 2 games (JJP's small scale Convention and medium's first run as host in Shield v. Hydra)

As I said above, for now I think we should follow the simplest explanation that the town stopped the kill somehow. However, I want to point out that if it is a recruitment I can't think of any reason to assume it's a failed one.

I see what you're saying but at least if we went for someone else they would say something to defend themselves and depending on whether they flip that would be something to go on. Plus it makes it easier for scum to jump on the bandwagon as Mr Fostuud wasn't able to defend himself. 

Mr. Fosstud had the whole day to defend himself and was seen in the area during that time. He chose not to participate. Voting for him should have triggered him to say something, anything, and then we would have had the opportunity to evaluate what he said. He didn't give us that chance and suffered the consequences. It was the most logical vote for the day, and certainly better than "he voted for me" and other petty squabbles.

6 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Mr. Fosstud had the whole day to defend himself and was seen in the area during that time. He chose not to participate. Voting for him should have triggered him to say something, anything, and then we would have had the opportunity to evaluate what he said. He didn't give us that chance and suffered the consequences. It was the most logical vote for the day, and certainly better than "he voted for me" and other petty squabbles.

Fair enough, I checked Mr Fostuuds records and was under the assumption he had not visited the studio at all during the day so maybe I messed up on that. It may have been the most logical vote but it still doesn't take away the fact there were a lot of sheepish votes on him. 

1 hour ago, Umbra-Manis said:

• Even day only kill
  • Protector got lucky
  • Failed Recruitment

Why do you think the recruitment failed if any recruitment took place? As for all the reasons mentioned above I would say either blocker blocked scum or protector protected target is he most likley reasons for lack of a night kill. 

6 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Fair enough, I checked Mr Fostuuds records and was under the assumption he had not visited the studio at all during the day so maybe I messed up on that. It may have been the most logical vote but it still doesn't take away the fact there were a lot of sheepish votes on him. 

Well as you have said before day 1 lynches are importent, and Fosstud lack of appearance even though being able to appear was the only non joke reason for any of the votes yesterday. Had we not lynched him yesterday we would have nothing to talk about today. Also yesterday you seem to really want a day 1 lynch in your post where you voted for Gopher, yet when others who want the same vote for the only option for a lynch you find it odd, and you stick to your joke vote. Care to explain?

1 hour ago, jluck said:

As I said above, for now I think we should follow the simplest explanation that the town stopped the kill somehow. However, I want to point out that if it is a recruitment I can't think of any reason to assume it's a failed one.

19 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Why do you think the recruitment failed if any recruitment took place? As for all the reasons mentioned above I would say either blocker blocked scum or protector protected target is he most likley reasons for lack of a night kill. 

I don't personally have any reason to believe there was a failed recruitment, I was just listing off reasons we as a group had already posted, as seen in the post below:

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

In another life of mine when I was a Security Guard on board the SHIELD Helicarrier, the scum kept trying to recruit players but it never worked because they kept unintentionally targeting PR roles, thus resulting in a lack of kills for the scum team. possibly something similar similar happening here.

If there was a recruitment action last night then why assume it failed? It is a possibility that there was a successful recruitment last night that simply wasn't shown. This is, of corse, unlikely. But we should keep the possibility in mind nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Well as you have said before day 1 lynches are importent, and Fosstud lack of appearance even though being able to appear was the only non joke reason for any of the votes yesterday. Had we not lynched him yesterday we would have nothing to talk about today. Also yesterday you seem to really want a day 1 lynch in your post where you voted for Gopher, yet when others who want the same vote for the only option for a lynch you find it odd, and you stick to your joke vote. Care to explain?

I have explained in the above posts, like I said, I didn't want to vote for Mr Fostuud as the lynch candidate because he hadn't said anything so when he flipped the next day we don't know his suspicions, his thoughts on other players.

Just now, Tariq j said:

I didn't want to vote for Mr Fostuud as the lynch candidate because he hadn't said anything so when he flipped the next day we don't know his suspicions, his thoughts on other players.

I highly doubt he had any suspicions or thoughts on other players, given that he didn't bother participating. That said, I find it a little suspicious that you point out the people who concerned you in his vote, but that doesn't include the ones who changed their votes to make the lynch happen, 3 of the last 4 votes. Just one more thing to consider.

Sadly, I'm not sure this whole discussion is really getting us anywhere, all it basically confirms is that we still need to consider everyone a suspect. At the same time, speculating on what the scum can or can't do is equally pointless, we came out of a night where it looks like nothing happened (which is clearly impossible), so we're left to hope that there are some town power roles taking action behind the scenes.

18 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

While it is not a surprise that Fosstud is loyal, but the unfortunate lack of participation is the cause of his demise. 

My conclusion is we ought to have a vigilantie and he or she may choose not to use it. If is a successful protection, then we will see it in the above sequence. The lack of the Burpamount (killing) is more interesting, being the scummy person, they have not done any killing which is very strange and if is a successful block, we ought to see that too. Not sure if is any constrain on their end, but we ought to put our thoughts together. 

On my part, I need to consolidate some of my personal thoughts too before sharing. 

I'd actually argue that a vigilante is highly unlikely in this game. It seems unlikely Burpamount is unable to kill during the night, and having two potential deaths each night in a studio with only sixteen people would make for a quick depletion of numbers. Not certain, of course, but it seems unlikely.

17 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

I don't know, the last screenplay I wrote, something like "Shields and Snakes," I believe, it's been a long time, featured about this many actors and featured a conversion as a rather prominent plot device.

Oh man, oh geez, I never got around to seeing that one but it seems like a good writer wouldn't use the same exact plot device twice... but maybe. I think, for the same reason as the vigilante (size of the studio) that there probably isn't a conversion ability but then again apparently in that movie I would have been wrong to think that, so...

10 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

Oh boy, I think you've got a real confusing point here! I guess it's not unheard of for this to happen, but it seems like a real weird work around for the more probable solutions...

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I get what you're saying, this is why I also, was against Mr Fostuud being the choice of lynch, if we voted for someone who was at least a little more active they could have voiced their suspicions, thoughts on who was scum etc. And then when they flipped the following day we could've worked back from there. But Mr Fostuud was completely inactive and he didn't say any of those things, so other than the fact he's town, we literally have nothing on him. Assuming there's about 3 people in the scum team (which seems about right for a game this size) I'd say at least 2 are distrubuted somewhere among the bandwagon.

I also think Fosstud was a poor choice of a lynch. It basically leaves us today at Day One with nothing new to go on and no obvious voting patterns to go off of. I thought it unlikely a scum would not respond at all... as Mr. Nouget said hopefully the night left us with some action roles behind the scenes parsing things out, but even then we could have had action roles doing just that with one extra townie to even out numbers. Even a silent one "counts". And now everyone is able to sue the same defense in voting for him "a lynch is better than none". Easy play for Burpamount.

4 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

• Even day only kill
  • Protector got lucky
  • Failed Recruitment

Thanks for listing all the things people already listed!

3 hours ago, jluck said:

Agreed! Boy, oh, boy, bit of a slip of the tongue there, Mr. Brickcaprio?

3 hours ago, Shadows said:

Hey there, Mr. Nouget, but why are you so okay with having lynched a townie? Did you really think a scum would not have a whole team telling them to respond?

29 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I highly doubt he had any suspicions or thoughts on other players, given that he didn't bother participating. That said, I find it a little suspicious that you point out the people who concerned you in his vote, but that doesn't include the ones who changed their votes to make the lynch happen, 3 of the last 4 votes. Just one more thing to consider.

Sadly, I'm not sure this whole discussion is really getting us anywhere, all it basically confirms is that we still need to consider everyone a suspect. At the same time, speculating on what the scum can or can't do is equally pointless, we came out of a night where it looks like nothing happened (which is clearly impossible), so we're left to hope that there are some town power roles taking action behind the scenes.

So should we all clamp up and say nothing, sir? That seems like a real good way to make sure no information is garnered for yet another day. I seem to recall you always encouraging poking and prodding, Mr. Nouget, in hopes someone slips up. Why the sudden change now?