Hi fellow Eurobrickers,

when we wait for 42069, 42068 and 42053 sets review, I use opportunity to present one of my WIP projects that I'm currently working on for about half a year. It is a 1:17.5 model of John Deere R 4038 Self propelled sprayer, but equipped with flotation tires, so I can enjoy mocing with Xerion tires. At the moment I'm not sure if there will be fake sprayer or spreader, will see what future brings. Major difference from original is the drive which I can make only full mechanical. You all know that hydrostatic drive can not be made with LEGO parts. This is the first MOC where I do not have to worry that it will be to wide, since real ones are up to 4,4 meters wide which is 31 stud...

This MOC will feature

- fake 6 cylinder engine

- all wheel drive

- all wheel steering

- all wheel independent suspension

- front and rear pto (since I can not simulate hydraulic valves)

- bonnet opening... will see what is possible.

So far I've managed to make right and left wheel hubs, which you can see in following images.

(sorry for bad image quality, I'll make better images when front axle will be finished, which I plan this week).

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

On the right side of every image you can see something like building steps (not real instructions, but kind of help if someone wants to build it).

Any kind of comment, critics is wellcome.

Thank you

Thanks. It would be much smoother than wheel hubs. I'll see, perhaps I will redesign them in future. Due to unreliable Internet connection via my hm smartphone, I was not able to upload all images. Thankfully images are far from great (@Jim is now laughing about them and thinking - this moc looks on that kind of photos worse than it is in real World), so it is not such a dissapointment in that upload "fail". Thanks again for support :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

17 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I think they look quite good right now :)

At least they seems to be sturdy enough...

Just small info about this project - it is not dead and will be finished, but I need some parts so I'm waiting for them and assume that in few weeks I'll able to continue on Sprayer.

Interesting setup. Have you tested it under load (it is always extremely difficult to carry moment through a LEGO construction)? Or do you expect the model not to be too heavy?

Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

Interesting setup. Have you tested it under load (it is always extremely difficult to carry moment through a LEGO construction)? Or do you expect the model not to be too heavy?

Actually model should not be to heavy because there is no complicated chassis for it and it will use gearbox for front and rear pto; despite that real thing has hydraulic valves at the front and rear. As you know we can not simulate hydraulic pumps and motors with LEGO parts...I'm glad that you find "wheel head" setup interesting - it was only way to make something like on real one. You can see here

John-Deere-R4038-Info.jpg

...sorry for bad photos :sadnew:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Just small info about this project - it is not dead and will be finished, but I need some parts so I'm waiting for them and assume that in few weeks I'll able to continue on Sprayer.

Good to know. I never have this problem as I always, always recycle pieces. Lucky me :grin:

8 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Good to know. I never have this problem as I always, always recycle pieces. Lucky me :grin:

I'm not that rational, when I try to recycle I usualy broke ore damage some connectors :sadnew:, so it is better for me (from now on) to keep mocs in piece.