Lox Lego

Lamborghini Veneno - Instructions + Jaap sticker pack

You have captured the lines of this raging bull to perfection. I am very impressed with the speed at which you and Dugald put these fantastic Mocs together.  Before you start the tear down I believe another technic meetup at BP is needed! This is IDEAS worthy and something you should definately send to Lamborghini.  With such a great tribute, maybe they might let you ride in a real veneno!

Ive been a silent member for some time now, so just wanted to also say hi to everyone.  In my few spare moments of time away from busy life I build technic / technic Mocs only.   I am very impressed by many of the members on this board who come up with their own design and who have the courage to post them here!  Thank you for giving me something amazing to build.

Honestly I'm more Countach guy, and do not like modern hypercars at all but your interpretation leaves me speachless...starting to fream that LEGO maked (very) big wheels so my tractors, trucks... will fit the scale of that masterpiece. Really impressive, and photos are yust...I don't know what to say else, I run out of words (and probably out of mind) :wub:

Damn this is the most impressive veneno iv'e seen. All the styling cues you nailed it. I don't call this car ugly but it is weirder than other lamborghini's. I love the rear end of the car exept that the tailLights colour blends to much with the car. By the way why did you use transparent blue headlights didn't Normal ones look good?

Damn this is the most impressive veneno iv'e seen. All the styling cues you nailed it. I don't call this car ugly but it is weirder than other lamborghini's. I love the rear end of the car exept that the tailLights colour blends to much with the car. By the way why did you use transparent blue headlights didn't Normal ones look good?

Stunning.  I too am a bit of an older car guy and my favorite lambo is the countach, but the shapes you have done here is truly stunning.

I would love to build this in white if possible?  I know the one piece which you have likely used and not available is the 2L lift arm.  TLG did make a 2L with cross hole so maybe using a rigid hose instead of flex axle on fenders and it may work?  @Thorsten50 is excellent at making multiple colours.

While I am not a fan of this building style at all, I cannot deny that it looks really good. The wheel base does perhaps look just a tad short from the side view compared to the real car and the front fenders look a little over proportioned, but still a beautiful looking moc. Well done! Interested in seeing the meat and potatoes of this.

On 2017-07-22 at 7:36 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Oh man, this is amazing. What you've managed to do, is take what some may call an ugly car and make it look better, while still keeping it instantly recognisable. With each model, you continue to improve and impress.:thumbup:

Thanks @Offroadcreat1ons!

On 2017-07-22 at 7:45 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

*oh2* *comment coming after I pick my jaw up off the floor*

And find the right words...

Cannot believe you made this car in Lego, this is mind-blowing! :wub_drool: Amazing job, I really love how you did the lights! :thumbup: Why was it so expensive?

Thank you! Regarding expenses, I am currently buying 200$-500$ worth of extra Lego (for each build) to collect enough parts to be able to produce the different angles of each hyper-car. Not to mention the 80-120 hours I spent on each build. This build in particular has many new colored parts in high qty. (black half bushes, red single axle \ single hole etc.)

On 2017-07-22 at 7:52 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Great build! Very clean lines, the whole bodywork is working together.
Do you have more details on the door mechanism, that looks quite interesting with all the angles?

Thanks! The door mechanism is an idea I've had for some time, it is fairly simplistic in theory, but you may have to wait for the instructions to really see the inner workings :classic:

On 2017-07-22 at 8:05 PM, AFOLegofan66 said:

I can't believe you have another fantastic car for me to build!! I am nearly finished the Bugatti and now this...thanks a lot!! It makes sense that you are charging a fee for this. You should have charged for the other two builds. They are so awesome....so we will keep in touch and I  look forward to the plans when they are available!!

@AFOLegofan66  So stoked you're excited about these builds! I will be getting the instructions started as soon as I can part with this awesome hyper-car on display...

On 2017-07-22 at 8:10 PM, LvdH said:

Wow... you're making me reconsider building the Chiron :laugh: 

One thing: is it me or is the fromt hood slope to steep?

Thats totally up to you @LvdH, but I would place the Veneno as a slightly better build all around. Veneno has top MOC speed (IMO) of a hyper-car this size, without grinding any gears. (One extra thing to note - this build is BuWizz Compatible...) 

On 2017-07-22 at 9:10 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This shot. Just...wow. :thumbup: *oh2*

Thanks @Digger of Bricks! I have recently picked up an Iphone7 Plus, which films in incredible quality and has the best camera out there. New builds will have very high quality photos...

On 2017-07-22 at 10:33 PM, Rishab N said:

Every single time you make a new car, you get exponentially better even at such a high level. Can't wait to see what you come up with next as this looks fantastic

Thanks Rishab! I do have an incredible new car to build next (99% sure) and am extremely excited to start it...

On 2017-07-22 at 11:47 PM, nerdsforprez said:

I am hopping on the band wagon here......the speed at which you complete builds and the quality of each is truly astounding. I have really enjoyed each build, but this one takes the cake.....

Thanks @nerdsforprez!! I too feel this is the best so far. Learning from mistakes and applying to new builds.

On 2017-07-23 at 8:56 AM, DugaldIC said:

So being loxs brother I have the pleasure of seeing all of his builds before the world does, from the very beginning good or bad. However with this model I gave him very little help besides the front suspension and he completely blew me away with what he came up with. Everything seemed to fall into place effortlessly and he even came up with his very own unique doors which work perfectly. I know I say this everytime but seriously..... This is by far your best most technical build to date :thumbup::wub:

Thanks Bro! Very happy you helped with the suspension and everything else. Cheers

On 2017-07-22 at 10:47 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I think that goes to the Egoista.

Anyways, this moc is simply amazing! I congratulate you for making such an awesome build.

You're probably right regarding the Egoista, but its up there in the odd list!

On 2017-07-23 at 2:25 AM, Jurss said:

Perfect bodywork.

Cheers!

On 2017-07-23 at 2:52 AM, Rudivdk said:

Wow, absolutely stunning. Perfect panelling on the outside and all the works on the inside with PF even... Makes me wonder, is there any car/shape you are not able to build...?

Thanks a ton Rudivdk! I've got to say, the Bugatti Chiron front hood eluded me on styling...

On 2017-07-23 at 3:43 AM, Seasider said:

Instantly recognisable. Superb model, love the seemless use of both technic and standard parts

Thanks! I will never forget what Brunojj1 said, there is a piece for every shape you're trying to produce, so have high qty's of each different shape for the best solution!

On 2017-07-23 at 4:03 AM, Lipko said:

The stacked beam technique is is really justified here and it looks perfect. Considering the looks, there isn't really much else left to be said in the world of Lego supercars. You and your brother can build anything so there's hardly a point for us to build replicas any more. So, when will you come up with your own designs?

Hey Lipko, thanks, I find building to blueprint very enjoyable, something I do at my work, take a 2D drawing and make it 3D! (CNC machining - QC Inspector)

On 2017-07-23 at 4:19 AM, mocbuild101 said:

Wow! *oh2* I can't believe such an amazing can be made with technic!

Hall of fame worthy? Most definitely!

:wub: Thanks @mocbuild101

On 2017-07-23 at 4:42 AM, OneMoreRobot said:

Thanks Lochie for creating this excellent model, I look forward to building when instructions are ready.

Cheers ??

Glad you're pumped! Instructions will be posted in the near future. Stay tuned 

On 2017-07-23 at 5:02 AM, IA creations said:

HoF, HoF, HoF !!!!!

I truly think this is your best (beast) car :wink:

@IA creations thanks for the HOF mention! 

On 2017-07-23 at 5:34 AM, jorgeopesi said:

Awesome car, you have your own great style :thumbup: .

Thanks all, you're enthusiasm and support pushes me to keep pushing the boundaries and  keep having fun!

Edited by Lox Lego

9 hours ago, technic_addict said:

images.jpg

8 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Stunning.  I too am a bit of an older car guy and my favorite lambo is the countach, but the shapes you have done here is truly stunning.

I would love to build this in white if possible?  I know the one piece which you have likely used and not available is the 2L lift arm.  TLG did make a 2L with cross hole so maybe using a rigid hose instead of flex axle on fenders and it may work?  @Thorsten50 is excellent at making multiple colours.

I white version :wub::wub::wub: would be amazing...

11 hours ago, KD123 said:

You have captured the lines of this raging bull to perfection. I am very impressed with the speed at which you and Dugald put these fantastic Mocs together.  Before you start the tear down I believe another technic meetup at BP is needed! This is IDEAS worthy and something you should definately send to Lamborghini.  With such a great tribute, maybe they might let you ride in a real veneno!

Ive been a silent member for some time now, so just wanted to also say hi to everyone.  In my few spare moments of time away from busy life I build technic / technic Mocs only.   I am very impressed by many of the members on this board who come up with their own design and who have the courage to post them here!  Thank you for giving me something amazing to build.

Hey @KD123! Thanks so much, glad you're excited about this build! Can't wait to go to BP again soon, hang out with the guys and chat about Technic. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Meatman said:

While I am not a fan of this building style at all, I cannot deny that it looks really good. The wheel base does perhaps look just a tad short from the side view compared to the real car and the front fenders look a little over proportioned, but still a beautiful looking moc. Well done! Interested in seeing the meat and potatoes of this.

Hey @Meatman, the wheel base is correct, but you are right in saying the front wheel arch is a tad too high. For all the angles and mechanics to work above the wheel area, the height needed to be a bit taller to funtion. Very good eye tho!

This is amazing! :wub_drool: I know this car from the internet. You did an amazing model of it! 

3 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

the front wheel arch is a tad too high.

Noticed that, but it isn't too bad. 

What a beautiful and complex supercar!

Lox Lego You need to open a lego technic supercar design factory :wub:

16 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

@KD123

Hey @Meatman, the wheel base is correct, but you are right in saying the front wheel arch is a tad too high. For all the angles and mechanics to work above the wheel area, the height needed to be a bit taller to funtion. Very good eye tho!

Perhaps the wheels are slightly too large for the scale? IDK.  When you look at it from the side compared to the actual car, it looks like maybe it should be a few studs longer. Still a great representation and one that you should be proud of. :classic:

9F0wkxf.jpg

Edited by Meatman

On 2017-07-24 at 0:15 PM, Meatman said:

Perhaps the wheels are slightly too large for the scale? IDK.  When you look at it from the side compared to the actual car, it looks like maybe it should be a few studs longer. Still a great representation and one that you should be proud of. :classic:

Yeah, the Veneno has 2 different size of tires front and back. I chose one of the tires for scaling which can skew the scaling a stud or so. 

On 2017-07-24 at 6:19 AM, Aleh said:

What a beautiful and complex supercar!

Lox Lego You need to open a lego technic supercar design factory :wub:

:laugh: it funny you mention that @Aleh. I was thinking of a Dugald / Lox brother website dedicated to building super cars :thumbup:

These are three photos that inspired me for this build... 

Lamborghini Veneno - inspirationLamborghini Veneno - inspirationLamborghini Veneno - inspiration

Edited by Lox Lego

On 23.07.2017 at 3:31 PM, LvdH said:

Can't wait for the instructions for this... I don't care if it costs money. I won't even have time or money to build it until 2018, so I will probably buy them just so see how everything sits together. Plus, it helps you for the next car :wink:.

+1! More instructions we buy - more chances to see another great MOC in the future!

Edited by Aleh

Very nice job again :thumbup:! The front and rear view are really spectacular! I like this one more than the Chiron, even if both are not my favourites concerning the original design of the real cars. As others said - the front wheel arch ruins the look a bit, and especially the too short wheelbase which I consider as a major flaw in many of your models. Other than that it´s good to see many famous hypercars beeing covered from such a talented builder like you. There are many more out there waiting to be replicated - move on :grin:!

9 hours ago, jackalope said:

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing 

On 2017-07-25 at 0:00 PM, ginger-snapped said:

Absolutely beautiful! The best looking MOC I have seen in a while. Hope to see you keep up the great work!

Much ap:blush:preciated 

15 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Very nice job again :thumbup:! The front and rear view are really spectacular! I like this one more than the Chiron, even if both are not my favourites concerning the original design of the real cars. As others said - the front wheel arch ruins the look a bit, and especially the too short wheelbase which I consider as a major flaw in many of your models. Other than that it´s good to see many famous hypercars beeing covered from such a talented builder like you. There are many more out there waiting to be replicated - move on :grin:!

Thanks Brunojj1, I will definitely move on soon!! A quick question for you as you're quite good at this stuff, if you have 2 different wheel sizes, which wheel do you scale? See below, I made this car 36 betweeen the wheels (as seen below), with the rear one being scaled as 10 wide. Should I have scaled the smaller one as 10? What are your thoughts. 

Lamborghini Veneno- blueprints

That´s a good question. Of course theoretically one should start from the wheels - they are the most important factor. Sounds a bit weird maybe, but my overall scaling depends on the width of the car. If I decide to go 25 wide (approx. 1/10 scale), I calculate the rest based on that. E.g. my LaFerrari is in fact "out of scale" - because it 1: uses too small wheels in diameter, especially the rear wheels and 2. is too long in relation to the height. But that did the trick to give it the sharp appearance similar to the real one. In my DTM cars I did the same - added 1 or 2 studs in lenght compared to the scaling - which resulted in too small wheels again. Then I´m trying to build the smallest and lowest possible wheel houses, allowing the (wobbling) wheels to turn without touching anything around (suspension not pushed down). As you can see - I´m going for many compromises for the sake of a better look - the experiences I´ve told are only to explain, not recommendations to anyone (who cares, the purists turned off already and didn´t read so far anyway :pir_tong2:) .

After seeing this in person tonight, it looks even better in person than the pictures.  It will be another build for sure, hopefully white!

Congrats on an amazing job!  Again!