1 minute ago, JDL1967 said:

I must say, i like it that Jim moved it to this forum??????

Yes it seems like he is "spying" our every post :grin:, or perhaps he is buying time or trying to make us more nervous about his upcoming reviews.:wink:

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

Yes it seems like he is "spying" our every post :grin:, or perhaps he is buying time or trying to make us more nervous about his upcoming reviews.:wink:

Jim reviewd the front of the vw, he sayd that it could look more like the real one. I have tried many differend things, but this front whas functional to build and my only idea so far. But maybe Jim or some other EB nembers have an idea, i will be open to suggestions. A review keep you sharp and creative. ???

37 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

Jim reviewd the front of the vw, he sayd that it could look more like the real one. I have tried many differend things, but this front whas functional to build and my only idea so far. But maybe Jim or some other EB nembers have an idea, i will be open to suggestions. A review keep you sharp and creative. ???

Well he is long enough in this LEGO world so he has developed a good feeling for such things.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Well he is long enough in this LEGO world so he has developed a good feeling for such things.

Thats why i like those reviews. Makes you thinking outside the box. ??

Just now, JDL1967 said:

Thats why i like those reviews. Makes you thinking outside the box. ??

Exactly. You have to be open for possibilities :thumbup:

800x600.jpg

Found this wip picture. First attemd to get the t1 to steer. Had to take it apart because it didend work with the M-motor and gears. Just to heavy. The finished model has a Servo motor. It whas not just replace the motor, but also rebuild the bottem again.. I know i have some more wip pictures somewhere, if i find them i will add them.. 

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Found some more wip pictures. So some insight of the build. It whas a bit stuppid of me, to forget to make step by step pictures. As Edwin Korstanje told me i while ago, it would have made it easy to make instructions of the t1. Now i dont know if that is ever going to be possible. 

Edited by JDL1967

800x579.jpg

This picture i used to build the front of the t1. If you building with normal bricks, it is hard to try to get the curves in it..

800x451.jpg

This is the t1 witch got me insprired to build a long version of it. In the very beginning i have make an attempt to make it also this long. But it bend to mutch. And as i have build with mostly normal bricks, i made a bit shorter..

Edited by JDL1967

Building the 10220 long at this moment. I will add some new pictures from both the t1's. Then it easyer to see the size of the moc..

Yes thats why i build tge 10220 also long. So it is clear to see the size. I liked the limo of real blue/green one, but that would be to big.. it bent when i tryed to build it. Also it would take a whole amount of bricks to build..

46 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Oh my gosh! This is a true masterpiece! :wub:

The internal details are amazing and all those chrome pieces are the icing on the cake! :thumbup:

Thank you. I working on a caravan at the moment. And the chrome pieces are the finishing touch. The downside is that the crome pieces are expensive. But it just belongs on the t1.

It's obvious you've spend a tremendous amount of time and effort building and shaping this. You put in so much detail, mind blowing. Love the stickers, such a cool and detailed interior...it's all there!

About the front, you wrote that you would like to make it more realistic. You know it's hard to tell someone else what or how to do things. As we all know building is a process, the model evolves. Two things I notice and maybe you can use that as a guidance to work on it a little more:
A) It really misses that curved line between the two tones. I'm not sure I would use the rigid hose to solve that. Parts with different angles would help a lot I think.
B) For the White area I simple could say: there's to much going on. All kind of curved slopes which tells us you really have tried hard, but somehow it became messy so to speak. Do you see what I mean?

BTW I would never have suggested any changes because I can tell this is your baby! :-) But since you ask here's my point of view for what it's worth...

Tnx @2LegoOrNot2Lego... i know that tge front is still an issue and that there is a lot with wihte going on. I have tryed in the beginning to make it with the rigged hose like the 10220. But due to the fact that the scale is a lot bigger it looks like #$@.**.. so to say.

Since @Jim brought it up i looked and the more i did it, the more i tought yes i have got to change it.

I am currently working on a caravan in the same scale, and when that one is done, i am going to make some differend fronts with bricklink as a guide. Maybe i find something better. Evenso for my first moc i think it turned out "good" so to say. What i have learned is the build of an moc and then a vehicle on scale, isn'd thats easy then it looks like it is. But like everything , by review, help and tips from others and by trying again and again you learn to get better. 

And offcorse the reactions from you and fellow scale modeling builders will help to try to get better..

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey i see that you have build the double axele caravan ... I have the t1 camper but im thinking to build the double axle caravan but i want to know how many pieces i have to buy.... Or can i buy an extra set of the 10220 and buy a few extra  pieces....

On 12-11-2017 at 8:44 PM, Nilluskuh said:

Hey i see that you have build the double axele caravan ... I have the t1 camper but im thinking to build the double axle caravan but i want to know how many pieces i have to buy.... Or can i buy an extra set of the 10220 and buy a few extra  pieces....

PM send..