The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 1st Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 2nd Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 3rd Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 4th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 5th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 6th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 7th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 8th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 9th Chapter   (with a little help from Kai NRG)

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 10th Chapter (with a little help from Garmadon)

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 11th Chapter (with a little help from Garmadon)

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 12th Chapter

33569010493_6d4ca30e5e_z.jpg

Captain Cookie continued:

"The Red Fandango returned home. He could not understand that he had not found anything."

Lady de Summer replied: "He must have felt quite dejected."

"Yes, he must have."

33537404354_61e2f3a63d_z.jpg

"So, my dear Captain, I am still waiting to hear how you got into the possession of this fine model of the 8 Provinces."

"Right, right, Mylady. I am owing you the answer. But I will get to it in a minute."

He paused to eat the rest of the cookie he was holding.

"Well, I bought it at a flea market".

"What?"

"You heard right. You see, the Red Fandango, or Flynn Stewart - that was his real name - had to admit that he had failed.

There was no wreck of the 8 Provinces, no treasure, nothing - just a lot of money spent.

His failure went around as a rumour or story told in bars and taverns in every Corrington port."

"And?"

"Apparently Flynn Stewart got so angry, he destroyed two of the models."

"Oh dear!"

"Yes, he did. But then he saved the last one."

"And?"

33569013123_11ed1150f7_z.jpg

"He sold it at a flea market. To make some money, maybe to buy himself another drink."

"And?"

"And I bought it. Simple as that. Bit of a long story, though, ma'am.

You look agitated!  Did I say something wrong?  "

Lady de Summer produced a pistol:

35238300113_f6428abe91_z.jpg

"Quite the contrary, my dear Captain.  You just said what I had hoped to hear."

"Hand me the model of the 8 Provinces!"

"But why...?"

"Just do as you are told!"

35238301463_2a873abdbe_c.jpg

Captain Cookie took the model ship and carefully moved it towards Lady de Summer.

She glanced at it briefly, opened the hull and smiled with relief.

"What did you seek?"

"The maps, my dear Captain, the three maps. And they are all here, in the remaining model. Fine, fine."

"But the maps are worthless, ma'am."

"So it may seem. But there was something in your story that I have heard a long time ago."

"What was it?"

"The second map had partly been drowned in some blueberry juice."

"And?"

"Well, isn't that obvious? That blueberry juice looked just like the colour of the sea on the map."

"And?"

"And so shape of the island where the 8 Provinces sank was altered -  the Red Fandango was looking for the wrong island."

"And?"

"If you clean the map carefully, you will see what the treasure island really looks like. And you will find it. Or rather, I will."

"If you know all these details about the juice and the modified maps, you must have heard about the model ships and maps before."

"You are right, my dear Captain. If I may re-introduce myself: I am Angelina Lancaster - my family has owned the second ship.
          But I must leave you now, I already said too much."

35208834724_727c8a3c43_z.jpg

"Thanks for the dinner and the excellent wine."

"A pleasure, Mylady."

Captain Cookie waited until Lady de Summer had left with her prize.

Then he sat back down again, with a sigh of relief and helped himself to another glass of wine.

"That was hard work, but it worked out like I had hoped." He took a sip.

After a while he looked at the Norwegian Blue again and the parrot stared back at him. "Angelina", the Norwegian Blue croaked.

"Pretty bird", Captain Cookie muttered to himself. "Pretty bird."

[END OF PART 1]

I hope you've enjoyed the story so far.

And let's see what the future will bring. :pir-grin:

A number of builds have been used to create the story up to this point. And some things I have built expecially for the story weren't used in the end... :pir-laugh:

I'd like to thank Kai NRG and Garmadon for their excellent support. Their MOCs made the story shine.

Could be a good idea to extend the collaboration when it comes to PART 2.

C&C welcome!

I knew Lady de Summer wasn't to be trusted! :pir-grin:

Excellent job again! :thumbup:  And the Norwegian Blue speaks! I'm glad to learn it's not pining for the fjords.

Part 1 has been very entertaining. I hope we don't have to wait too long for Part 2 to begin.

:pir-oh:  I must say, I've been taken quite aback by these developments! :pir-grin:   I suspected the blueberry juice might be important though...

Looking forward to the next part!

51 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Could be a good idea to extend the collaboration when it comes to PART 2.

:smug:

I knew it! We can never trust that perfide Lady de Summer.:grin:

Can't wait to see the suit of the story.

Edited by Bodi

Oh!  You said a plot-twist was coming next, but I didn't expect that! :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:  Nicely done, Captain B, great job with part one, and I can't wait to see where you'll be taking it after this! :excited:  I do suspect that Captain Cookie's got something good up his sleeve, though :grin:  

Spoiler

(Just tell me that parrot isn't a spy! :pir-oh3: :pir-grin:)

I'd be happy to help out building more for the future of this story-line whenever you'd like!  Maybe I'll even finally get around to starting one of my own story-lines I've been planning for a while and you could help build for me too... :grin: :laugh:

Oh no!!! What just happened here?!?!?!?!?!? It feels like waiting for your favorite series next season...all over again!!! Quickly start filming building the second part please!!!

On 20.7.2017 at 8:55 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I knew Lady de Summer wasn't to be trusted! :pir-grin:

Excellent job again! :thumbup:  And the Norwegian Blue speaks! I'm glad to learn it's not pining for the fjords.

Part 1 has been very entertaining. I hope we don't have to wait too long for Part 2 to begin.

Thanks.

Well, for Part 2 I have to find a script writer, hire the right actors, do the location scouting, etc. That will take time :pir-laugh:

On 20.7.2017 at 9:24 PM, Kai NRG said:

:pir-oh:  I must say, I've been taken quite aback by these developments! :pir-grin:   I suspected the blueberry juice might be important though...

Looking forward to the next part!

:smug:

:pir-grin:

How do I have to read your face?

On 21.7.2017 at 4:39 PM, Bodi said:

I knew it! We can never trust that perfide Lady de Summer.:grin:

Can't wait to see the suit of the story.

Thank you!

On 21.7.2017 at 4:55 PM, Garmadon said:

Oh!  You said a plot-twist was coming next, but I didn't expect that! :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:  Nicely done, Captain B, great job with part one, and I can't wait to see where you'll be taking it after this! :excited:  I do suspect that Captain Cookie's got something good up his sleeve, though :grin:  

Reveal hidden contents

(Just tell me that parrot isn't a spy! :pir-oh3: :pir-grin:)

I'd be happy to help out building more for the future of this story-line whenever you'd like!  Maybe I'll even finally get around to starting one of my own story-lines I've been planning for a while and you could help build for me too... :grin: :laugh:

I hope that Captain Cookie knows what he is doing... :pir-grin:

A storyline of yours? I'd be happy to help out!

23 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Oh no!!! What just happened here?!?!?!?!?!? It feels like waiting for your favorite series next season...all over again!!! Quickly start filming building the second part please!!!

At least nobody fell from a building to fake his own death... and I hope it won't be as bad as "Game of Thrones". 

I started reading the books some 2 years ago .... and now I am waiting... waiting ... waiting....

23 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Unexpected twist! Can't wait for the next chapter, as usual!

Another follower?  Great!

19 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I second !

What do I have to reply?  I minute?

:pir-laugh: