KingsKnight

MOC: Lego Ideas - Space Shuttle (Saturn V Scale)

If we would ever get a Saturn V scale shuttle set (or Creator Expert set), I do hope the belly is tiled and the wheels are hidden. That’s what I really don’t like about 10213 and 10231. For today’s standards, that set just feels a little too simple. 

I do have the feeling LEGO is embracing the realistic space theme these days once again (including City Space). I believe the Saturn V and Lunar Lander were a great success, and the ISS was also sold out very fast. If we’d get a new space set end 2020, or 2021, I’d put my money on a space shuttle.

10 hours ago, Shiva said:

There's a Big! Space Shuttle on LEGO Ideas https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f072bc4c-47a3-417e-98cb-5750fdac516d

KingsKnights Shuttle is very nice for the Saturn V scale. And it has got some updates on https://www.facebook.com/groups/legospacebuilds/ but sadly that page now requires a fb account to view. That was not needed until a few days ago.

Don't like that lego idea because orange tank and white boosters are missing. It remind me the technic model bug without gears!

7 hours ago, riccardino said:

Don't like that lego idea because orange tank and white boosters are missing.

That's fine by me, adding them would double the parts count / cost

I'd rather have a more detailed model without them.

That LEGO Idea is minifig scale, or close to. And if adding Tank and boosters, would get very very expensive.

For a model that size, I too can skip tank and boosters.

The facebook groups is viewable again.