The destructive war between Mardier, Eslandola and Garvey has come to an end with the complete withdrawal of Marderian troops from the island, however before leaving, Mardierian troops conducted a scorched earth policy, determined to leave nothing of value behind for the victorious Eslandolans. Left behind however, were the poorest of the poor, the most vulnerable and the most exploited. They turned to Corrington for help and happy to oblige Corrington was, the refugees have left their homes with all their belongings now set course for New Haven, located on the island of Alicentia. However during this journey they are vulnerable to those who would see them harmed and pirates, The Corlander authorities knowing the perils of traversing the seas authorised the construction of a fort in a New Haven, the burden of overseeing the construction of this fort in such a short period of time fell to Army Captain Augustus Fernsby.

feuIIbp.jpg

The fort has been named Fort Montoya in honour of the man who secured freedom for the Marderian refugees.

DAFNEir.jpgdXnMC9B.jpg

However Captain Fernsby will not be able to stay to see that the refugees arrive safely for he has since been recalled to lead an Expedition to the Mokolei Empire

IJHHy6Y.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Will be licensed as a Medium Fort

Thanks

Edited by Lord Buckethead

I really like the shape of the beach and coloring of the water lightening as it  approaches the shore. Also I really appreciate how this fort has the classic pirate look only better! I look forward to the Mokolei Expedition. 

While it is rather square on, I really like this build.  It has great colour and contrast, the walls are well built to allow it to be played with but you put a lot of nice little details in to it too.  Nice job!

Nicely done! - I really like the way you've nestled the fortress in the rocks, and the medium flesh building is a great addition as well :thumbup:  A couple of suggestions might be to add a bit more texture to the sand, perhaps - though really, it doesn't look bad as is - and to tile the border (when flat those generally give a more polished and finished look to a build), though in that case you might want to change the color to black or something - I know I certainly don't have that many tiles in tan! :grin:  Very nice work overall, though, and a great start to BoBS!  Keep it up! :pir-sweet:

Although a fort for the reds, I really like that one! The walls and the rocks, the sea and sun are all well made. It gives a feeling of the 2015 line of bluecoats sets :wink:

A very nice fort Lord Buckethead and a great first addition to New Haven. I like the classic feel and their are a lot of good details. The medium dark flesh building adds nice colour contrast and I particularly like the little swivel gun in the bastion on the wall. Great work and I look forward to seeing where the Mokolei Expedition takes Marine Captain Augustus Fernsby.

A pretty little fort...

The shaping of the beach is especialy well made...

On 20/07/2017 at 1:44 AM, Lord Buckethead said:

The fort has been named Fort Montoya in honour of the man who secured freedom for the Marderian refugees.

crawler ! :hmpf_bad:

A brilliant and inspiring build, and I agree with BD, it does have a feeling of the last pirate wave. Nice job.

To Signore Lorenzini, 

Word have reached me that the fort in New Haven has been dedicated my memory, and I cannot begin to express the gratitude that filled my heart and mind. I am honoured and humbled that you and yours should show me such kindness, and hope that I may ever be in a position to live up to my obligations to your people. 

May New Haven prosper and peace be upon you. 

Your humble servant 

Don Isaac Montoya 

Consul 

_________

My lord, please find attached an official letter from Terra Novan high command. I wish you all the best for your expedition to the Mokolei Empire, and offer any assistance within my power, be it funding, scientific, diplomatic, or otherwise. 

Sincerely 

Don Isaac Montoya 

ATTACHED LETTER:

To Lord Augustus Fernsby, Captain of the Royal Army, 

Corrington wishes to commend you for your outstanding execution of your order to establish fortifications for New Haven. By all accounts the fortress is well-constructed and the operation was carried out in record time, which has been noted in the colonial administration. Keep up the good work and you may well find yourself in line for a promotion. 

Further, should the Crown in any capacity be able to assist you in your planned expedition, petition my office and you will find us eager to listen. 

Regards

Rear admiral Fletcher 

Terra Novan Fleet