Hello guys !

I am happy to start this new project (thought I haven't finished the other car :wink:). So far I built the front suspention and the grille :

800x449.jpg

800x449.jpg

800x449.jpg

800x449.jpg

And with tires :

800x449.jpg

800x449.jpg

If you are wondering what is with those dark bluish gray beams, well, that is the maximum distance at where the engine can be placed relative to front wheels. @Sariel's scaler said that this car is in 1:8,3 scale .

Please , you see anything that can be improoved just leave a comment  :)

LDD file is coming soon, just need to finish it (first time I use LDD so it will be interesting) .

IA creations

Edited by IA creations

It is very difficult to make propper curves of this 39 times built car... V12 engine just behind front axle...easiest part is transmission - exactly like one on 8448 model. Good luck with project :sweet:

Edited by I_Igor

Thanks a lot :) Yes the body is very difficult but nothing is impossible . I have (of course I build this car in red) only 17 flex-axles , which is very little I think for this car. Well see :thumbup:

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Looks like a great start to a challenging car! I'll be sure to follow this :)

Thx :)

3 hours ago, nicjasno said:

The steering angle is much too small. You can do better than that.

It is not that low but if i make it any bigger the wheels will touch the chassi

12 minutes ago, IA creations said:

It is not that low but if i make it any bigger the wheels will touch the chassi

Standard tires on 250GTO were 7.5  x 15, so yours are to wide, or you simply have to make chassis more narrow.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Standard tires on 250GTO were 7.5  x 15, so yours are to wide, or you simply have to make chassis more narrow.

Wise words have been spoken :)

I tryed (before posting this) a narrower version (2 studs narrower) but the tires look so big and there was no space for a proper engine so I had to do this compromise (scaler said 25 studs wiidh but I made it 27 studs). And I don't have 42000 wheels :(

18 hours ago, nicjasno said:

Wise words have been spoken :)

Ales, you know me :wink:

As we are moving from apartment to a house I had little time to build..

But here how it looks now :

800x449.jpg

Yes , mini V12 installed (my own design)

800x449.jpg

Are these headlights good? They look good to me.

Headlights look ok but best way is to take photo from front and calculate proper diameter...

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Headlights look ok but best way is to take photo from front and calculate proper diameter...

Will do so. Btw, the car isn't to wide, it is perfect, 25 studs.

Not to offend, but the wheels & tires are quite off the scale...

the tires are too thin(from side)

I think unimog tires and wheels will be nicer for its wheel:tire ratio.

Also those modern-looking spokes are quite odd on a 1962's car.

Edited by move5

36 minutes ago, move5 said:

I don't have unimog tires :/ and I think the tires look awesome so even if they are out of scale (as looks) they still please me (a huge sticker over the rim can be done thought)

6 hours ago, IA creations said:

Will do so. Btw, the car isn't to wide, it is perfect, 25 studs.

So far IMHO only tires are to wide...I wonder which 81.6 tire is narrow with correct (or at least acceptable tire tread pattern)? Hmmmmm perhaps one from 42000 set?

3 hours ago, move5 said:

Unimog tires are ideal for vehicle of that age, but you got the answer ...:sadnew:

It would be nice if you could make flat silver or chrome silver front air intake...

So much hassle about whells with! Is there a HUGE problem is wheels are off a bit (a bit to much ?!)? I always wanted to build a car in 1:8 scale so scaleing down is a no no. And I don't have the suggested tires for this scale. 

The headlight seems to need some change.

After the headlights of the real car, the curve of the round-shaped lights continues on and on.

However, in your creation, after the light, the shape suddenly becomes rectangular, which would not be in harmony with the flow of the curve.

2017-08-04 08.18.27.png

I have a rather limited collection, so I totally understand having to use your available parts without buying more just for one specific use, especially these hard-to-find tires. IMO, it looks fine, perhaps if you are able to cover the central 19 studs sufficiently, it will look more realistic. And tires are NOT Lego's strong point! :wall:

Can you post a close-up photo of your fake engine? I am interested in the construction, as it does not appear to use the technic camshaft parts.

6 hours ago, IA creations said:

So much hassle about whells with! Is there a HUGE problem is wheels are off a bit (a bit to much ?!)? I always wanted to build a car in 1:8 scale so scaleing down is a no no. And I don't have the suggested tires for this scale. 

Yes, it is a problem, because if you want to build a specific model, then you have to follow its measurements and try replicate it as much as possible. But if you want to build a 1:8 scale model, then do it and choose another one, more suitable for your bricks availability. Simple as that :wink:

54 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Can you post a close-up photo of your fake engine? I am interested in the construction, as it does not appear to use the technic camshaft parts.

Though I'm not the one who built it, but those seem to be 1x2 thin liftarms(which is used instead of the cam).

Hi! Looks interesting! Hope it will be great oldtimer supercar!

Building a scale model of something requires you to follow the original as close as possible. No offence , but those wheels are completely off and they would ruin the 60's design of the car. I hope you'll find a better solution

Edited by Xewyz2001

@Xewyz2001 So if somebody builds model of a real car but it is not supposed to become a scale model can he make some minor mismatches with the original?