Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

The 2018 first half lineup looks quite impressive, especially the colour combos and piece types. The Outback Adventures--especially that buildable dog!--is probably my most favourite, but that's a tough call. I only grudge is with the creator logo which looks unfinished on the box art. 

4 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

The stumpy build on the plane aft of the wings has me even more convinced to grab two and combine them.

Wait a minute, after looking at his stunt plane review again, does that figure feature a new torso print? If so, has that ever been seen before in a three in one Creator set?

21 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I believe it is a new print. Not sure about the precedent, though.

If it indeed is a new print, and also therefore a newly set precedent, that really opens up a whole lot of possibilities for the future of the theme! As you may know, many people would love to see classic themes represented in Creator, both Expert and Non-Expert. Since the theme though has traditionally utilized whatever stock minifigure components that TLG has on hand from other themes, that has been a limitation for that possibility for the most part. So.....

Are you listening @x105Black:sweet:

20 hours ago, danth said:

The three vehicle sets look really cool!

You know what really got me, was the dual functioning purpose of the spare wheel on the hood of the main build in 31075 Outback Adventures. That was just freaking brilliant! :thumbup:

Does anybody know if there will be a creator building in 2018 to carry on the line of high street style buildings they've released the past few years, ie. Bike Shop and Cafe, Toy and Grocery Store, Corner Deli and Park Street Townhouse? I notice that the corner Deli has recently been retired and now Park Street Townhouse is listed as "retiring soon" after only one year. It looks as if they might be scrapping this line of models in favor of the newer modular 3 in 1 buildings. This would be a real shame in my opinion.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:21 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Does anybody know if there will be a creator building in 2018 to carry on the line of high street style buildings they've released the past few years, ie. Bike Shop and Cafe, Toy and Grocery Store, Corner Deli and Park Street Townhouse? I notice that the corner Deli has recently been retired and now Park Street Townhouse is listed as "retiring soon" after only one year. It looks as if they might be scrapping this line of models in favor of the newer modular 3 in 1 buildings. This would be a real shame in my opinion.

Other than the few official winter wave images we've seen so far, we've also seen preliminaries of the other winter wave sets that haven't yet been seen officially, and none of them would fit into that subtheme. So perhaps there may be a chance for such a set come summer 2018, but so far, we haven't heard of any rumored details for those yet. Maybe after the release of official images for the rest of the winter wave will we hear of some details for the summer wave.

Now EB user Sir von Lego has already shared details for summer's sets for the City theme, perhaps he would be the one to ask. :classic:

Edit: By the way, here's JANGBRiCKS's review of 31071 Drone Explorer.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:21 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Does anybody know if there will be a creator building in 2018 to carry on the line of high street style buildings they've released the past few years, ie. Bike Shop and Cafe, Toy and Grocery Store, Corner Deli and Park Street Townhouse?

All signs indicate that the new "Modular" sets, with the interchangeable sections and City-style open backs, are the new Creator style for residential and commercial buildings.

I'm also sorely disappointed by the change to the "Modular" sets in Creator.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

There are official images of 31079 Surfer Van and 31080 Modular Winter Sport Paradise seen on this site.

http://www.2ttoys.nl/contents/en-uk/d2045761816_Lego-Creator.html

The surfer van and stunt plane look pretty good, I reckon these are the only Creator sets of 2018 I'm interested in getting. As for the new modular buildings - these are a real let down as far as I'm concerned. The designers seem to have opted for a more childish approach to the designs and have scrapped the realistic look of previous years in favor of wacky play features, ie. a ski slope across the roof and skate board ramp on the side of a house.

I appreciate that these sets are not really aimed at adults and that they want to ramp up the play features to encourage more children, but do kids really want this sort of stuff? I know my 6 year old daughter would much prefer the old style fold out out buildings rather than all this modular play stuff.

5 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

The surfer van and stunt plane look pretty good, I reckon these are the only Creator sets of 2018 I'm interested in getting.

Yup, those two are definitely the standouts for the first half of the year.

6 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

I don't see 31080 on that site. Has it been taken down? 

Hmm, I guess they must of. It was there last night when I visited, I wonder why they chose to remove it completly? The link as a placeholder minus the images should be there, but it's not. :shrug_confused:

Edit: Well, nonetheless, images of that set have been posted on this article at The Brick Fan.

The Brick Fan - More LEGO Creator 2018 Set Images

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Ah thank you. ^^ I like the way you can ski down the roof- that's really cool. Definitely getting the ski one- maybe the van. 

On 11/20/2017 at 6:50 PM, Bricked1980 said:

The surfer van and stunt plane look pretty good, I reckon these are the only Creator sets of 2018 I'm interested in getting. As for the new modular buildings - these are a real let down as far as I'm concerned. The designers seem to have opted for a more childish approach to the designs and have scrapped the realistic look of previous years in favor of wacky play features, ie. a ski slope across the roof and skate board ramp on the side of a house.

You're looking at the wrong place then. Those houses have always been that way.

Alt model on the Drone Adventures set looks like it's got a machine-gun up front.

13 minutes ago, XAxles said:

You're looking at the wrong place then. Those houses have always been that way.

I'm talking about these style of sets...

49119528_Alt04?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg3be2e83784f97be978a832cd9bf689f4.jpg

This line seems to have been scrapped in favor of the newer open back buildings with modular sections which can be swapped about.

5 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

31073 Mythical Creatures and 31074 Rocket Rally Car revealed a few hours ago on Brickset. I cannot upload them to this website because of the sizes of them but the links are here:

The Rocket Rally Car is interesting, particularly in its color scheme, but the main build itself somewhat shoddy and clunky looking. Well, other than that, this set is the third one to feature windshield part 28782, and the second one to feature it in Trans. Light Blue.

On the other hand, the main dragon build in 31073 makes an interesting usage of those Trans. Light Green spearhead parts for eyes, which are unusual pieces to see in Creator sets.

4 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Is this the first time we're seeing those wheels and hubs outside of Speed Champions?

Nope, this year's Turbo Track Racer set from the Creator theme has at least the hubcaps in White. The thing is, those hubcap parts I believe have been around longer than the Speed Champions theme has. One of the 2007 Agents sets has them in a metallic silver color I think.