Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

21 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I found this video of 31077. The quality is pretty poor but it still gives a good idea of how the set looks and some of the interior detail.

This set has grown on me actually. Wasn't keen at first but I do quite like it now.

Thanks for that. It is looking pretty nice overall. As usual, the main cover version looks quite nice and filled out. I hope we get to see a whole "Mini Modular" building street shot soon.

On 29/05/2018 at 2:15 PM, Doom2099 said:

I hope we get to see a whole "Mini Modular" building street shot soon.

For anyone missing the old style of "mini modular" creator buildings, what do you think of this new set 40305?

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-brand-store-40305-official-images/

I know it's not a creator building but I think it looks a terrific little set and would look pretty nice alongside the corner deli, bike shop and cafe etc.

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Jang reviewed the most awaited Creator set:

Just finished watching Jangs review. I like this set a lot but I do agree with his disappointment about the fact the cars don't really run freely around the track without first having to give them a big shove. That's a shame because otherwise it's a fantastic set.

12 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Just finished watching Jangs review. I like this set a lot but I do agree with his disappointment about the fact the cars don't really run freely around the track without first having to give them a big shove. That's a shame because otherwise it's a fantastic set.

I watched his review this afternoon as well. Always good stuff and I like that he keeps pointing things like this out. I wonder if its possible, with the track-pieces in the set, to fix this issue with a different layout. Or maybe making the cars heavier?

23 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I watched his review this afternoon as well. Always good stuff and I like that he keeps pointing things like this out. I wonder if its possible, with the track-pieces in the set, to fix this issue with a different layout. Or maybe making the cars heavier?

Hopefully there would be some way of modifying it so that it works better.

I was hoping that it might be possible in some way to motorise this set in a similar way to the big expert rollercoaster but it seems that even if this could be done there still wouldn't be enough momentum to get the cars around the track without having to shove them by hand, which seems a shame.

I do understand that this set is aimed at a younger age group than the big coaster though and most kids would be more than happy to just push the cars around the track.

58 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I do understand that this set is aimed at a younger age group than the big coaster though and most kids would be more than happy to just push the cars around the track.

Probably:wink: I'm quite fine with that by myself. As a themed showpiece it really offers enough visual appeal to not mind that too much. And its always cost-cutting anyway when it comes to design sets under the three-digit price point. From that perspective, it offers a lot, compared to others sets.

Does anybody have more info on this rumour:

Screenshot_20180614-184304-e152899902616

DB5.jpg

I am really looking forward to a new -proper- car for my collection :wink:

I haven't seen anything more than the tweet and the replies from Aston Martin and the official 007-account. Sounds promising, hope it the same scale as the Ferrari F40.

7 hours ago, bord4kop said:

Does anybody have more info on this rumour:

*snip*

I am really looking forward to a new -proper- car for my collection :wink:

Both bond (@007) and AM replied. Looks like the DB5 is happening.

15 hours ago, bord4kop said:

Does anybody have more info on this rumou

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Looks like the DB5 is happening

It sounds as if it's almost certain the new creator car will be an Aston Martin. 

Actually here is a new thread that's been set up specifically for 2018 creator car rumors.

On 6/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Just finished watching this review. Looks great. Definitely one of this year's best creator sets.

This wave of Creator sets is awesome! I got the Cruising Adventures last month and just get the Pirate Roller Coaster. As Jang said, I think the Mobile Stunt Show will be a nice addition to my Fairground Mixer. And i might get the Treasure Tree House too because it's cheap, nice and the 3 builds are very good looking. ;)

The scale of models (cars and boat) seems to be better in the Creator line than in others like City. The 8 stud wide Sunshine Surfer Van, the new stunts truck and the 12 wide yacht are close to perfection! What's your opinion?

And now there is a JB Aston pcture from a picture on reddit... (the new Creator Car).

It does not look that good IMO, but the scale seems to be right, which is a big plus! 
And as someone suggested; the F40 did not look that good on pictures as well. And that one turned out quite nice IRL ..

So we can only hope and pray :grin:

Edited by bord4kop

On 7/2/2018 at 10:06 PM, sebitsena said:

This wave of Creator sets is awesome! I got the Cruising Adventures last month and just get the Pirate Roller Coaster. As Jang said, I think the Mobile Stunt Show will be a nice addition to my Fairground Mixer. And i might get the Treasure Tree House too because it's cheap, nice and the 3 builds are very good looking. ;)

The scale of models (cars and boat) seems to be better in the Creator line than in others like City. The 8 stud wide Sunshine Surfer Van, the new stunts truck and the 12 wide yacht are close to perfection! What's your opinion?

Apart from the Surfer Van (which is with its eight studs to bright in scale for a City layout) and the Tree House (which looks to Creator-ish in order to place it in City), I absolutely agree with you, sebitsena!

The Pirates Rollercoaster (apart from the missing chain and "motor" to get the cars upstairs) and the Mobile Stunt Show match perfectly with the Fairground theme. And the Yacht fits exactly in the City theme - as well as the Candy Shop (apart from it being only one floor big with a balcony on top).

So I hope that 2019 will go on with this trend - then I hope to see again more buildings!

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, bord4kop said:

The creator JB car can be ordered in the shop!

https://shop.lego.com/de-DE/James-Bond-Aston-Martin-DB5-10262

I am not to overwhelmed by the looks though..

me neither but i've ordered it as I was impressed with the gadgets and im a huge bond & aston fan  and maybe over time I might find away to improve its looks