Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

Right on, already have Rhino Face Off, might just pick up another. I have a feeling those pieces will come in handy, possibly make them work for taller drops. 

Also I assume the Pirate Coaster is just manually operated, you just push the carts around? 

Edited by Johnny1360

23 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

The Brothers Brick have revealed new official pics of the pirate rollercoaster including new higher res images of the 2 alternate builds. I reckon this set looks great. 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/04/23/lego-creator-31084-pirate-rollercoaster-first-official-pictures-news/

Man, this looks awesome! Am almost more excited to see this in stores than the Creator Expert one! :moar:

Look forward to seeing some images of the pirate themed tree house as well. 

For those looking to expand, it looks like all 3 existing grey pieces (small straight from the Rhino set, large straight and curve from the Mine set) are available from LEGO Bricks & Pieces as of right now (at least for Australia)

18 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Also I assume the Pirate Coaster is just manually operated, you just push the carts around? 

I also think so.

But I think you can turn the crown´nest-piece in the third build to make the carts move.

6 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I also think so.

But I think you can turn the crown´nest-piece in the third build to make the carts move.

that is my hope too. Could have power functions added

Full images of the Pirate tree house have now been revealed. https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-treehouse-treasures-31078-revealed/

When the blurry pics of this set first leaked a few months ago I had thought that the secondary builds might be legit Pirate models rather than Children playing as Pirates. This is clearly not the case though unfortunately.

its a lovely set still and you still get a lot of pirate/pirate compatible pieces. Plus kids and a teddy bear:wink:.

Seriously, I really like this set. Its really a great idea and the execution works very good as well. I expect kids playgrounds with it popping up soon.

30 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

its a lovely set still and you still get a lot of pirate/pirate compatible pieces. Plus kids and a teddy bear:wink:.

Seriously, I really like this set. Its really a great idea and the execution works very good as well. I expect kids playgrounds with it popping up soon.

I do agree I think it is a great play set for kids. My daughter will love this. I also applaud Lego for trying something a bit different. Tree houses have been done in the past so at least they've taken a different approach with this one.

Personally I was just hoping that the secondary builds might have been compatible with old Lego Pirate sets. They did look like they might be on the blurry leaked pictures but the quality was too poor tell for sure.

Anyway hopefully next year we will get a new wave of proper Pirate sets to celebrate the 30th anniversary. 

A bit more on the big rollercoaster in the form of a video

It looks great!

Edited by xzanfr

On 4/25/2018 at 11:55 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Actually I'm a bit disappointed now I've seen a high res pic of this set. It looks a great one for the kids though. 

I agree. It's smaller and less interesting than I expected it to be but kids would certainly like it. I really hope this set won't impact the Treehouse in the review stage though... :look:

Spoiler

4869419-o_1btmtfbss117p7dcpu1njdgtpc-a0i5em75Xvnt0w-thumbnail-full.jpg

4 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I agree. It's smaller and less interesting than I expected it to be but kids would certainly like it. I really hope this set won't impact the Treehouse in the review stage though... :look:

Reveal hidden contents

4869419-o_1btmtfbss117p7dcpu1njdgtpc-a0i5em75Xvnt0w-thumbnail-full.jpg

I hope not too, wow that model is amazing.

Anyway that model is in a different league altogether so doubt it would be affected by the new creator treehouse.

Anyway they have done treehouses several times in the past. I can think of at least 2 previous creator ones and there have also been a couple of lego friends sets as well.

So I don't think this new one will have much of an affect on the likelihood of that ideas model getting selected or not.

Just as a heads up, if anyone here has any questions regarding the Creator Expert theme, you may have yet another chance to have them answered if you missed the first opportunity last year...

15 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Isn't that so convincing? :sweet:

Looks even better up close, with so many little details and touches! I mean, the Pirates theme saturates nearly every part of the ride! :thumbup: :grin:

Looking earnestly forwards to whatever this set may mean for the theme's future! Slowly but surely... :purrr:

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks even better up close, with so many little details and touches! I mean, the Pirates theme saturates nearly every part of the ride! 

I agree. There are loads of nostalgic throwbacks to classic pirates in this set which I think are intended as a nod to adult fans.

Although this is in a differenj league to the creator expert coaster, in some ways it looks like a more fun and varied build. And at only £69 in the UK this is definitely something I am gonna want to get at some point.

On 25/05/2018 at 11:51 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Isn't that so convincing? :sweet:

Not at all :sceptic:

Edited by Timoonn

Photographed these on my travels today. Smyths toys in the UK are now stocking all the new creator sets.

28517183268_865db21b9d_z_d.jpg

41487932805_32d8d8f1da_z_d.jpg

They all look awesome on the store shelves and it took all my will power not to go on a huge spending spree. :laugh:

They also had the new city hospital set and the ninjago city docks in stock.

The new Creator sets (Pirate Coaster at least) have also been sighted here in Australia.

5 minutes ago, jonwil said:

The new Creator sets (Pirate Coaster at least) have also been sighted here in Australia.

Hey, congratulations on your Grand Dukedom! I didn't even notice that yesterday! :grin:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new modular 31077 fits in with some of the previous "mini-modulars"!

20 minutes ago, Doom2099 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new modular 31077 fits in with some of the previous "mini-modulars"!

I found this video of 31077. The quality is pretty poor but it still gives a good idea of how the set looks and some of the interior detail.

This set has grown on me actually. Wasn't keen at first but I do quite like it now.