Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

I am potentially interested in both :)

Hi jonwil

Reddit is your friend in this case ;)

Edited by xzanfr

Out of interest I noticed that the Pirate Roller Coaster has got a picture of a Ferris wheel in the background. 

I realise this is only the box art and this is highly speculative but I wonder if this could be an indicator that we might get a Creator 3 in 1 ferris wheel next year. Maybe the Pirate Coaster is just the first in a planned series of smaller fairground sets which would serve as a simpler and more affordable alternative to the big Creator Expert fairground sets.

This would be similar to what they did with the Corner Deli, Bike Shop and Cafe, toy/grocery shop which all sort of served as mini cousins of the Expert Modular buildings.

Anyway as I said I'm basing this entire theory on pure speculation, but I reckon it would make sense for them to do this and would be pretty cool as well!

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I realise this is only the box art and this is highly speculative but I wonder if this could be an indicator that we might get a Creator 3 in 1 ferris wheel next year. Maybe the Pirate Coaster is just the first in a planned series of smaller fairground sets which would serve as a simpler and more affordable alternative to the big Creator Expert fairground sets.

That could be interesting to see, especially if such a trend of sets each had Classic theme! :classic:

I don't see pictures of the Pirate coaster on reddit.  In any event, I was not a fan of the carousel, but I got the Ferris Wheel, and would love both coasters; it would be interesting if they gave ideas on how to build out the pirate coaster if you had two or three copies of it.

Money is tight.  Don't know what I'll be able to get.  I have the CDX coaster set, but only one of them.

All I need is money and space.  No problem! :classic:

9 minutes ago, fred67 said:

I don't see pictures of the Pirate coaster on reddit. 

I don't think there have been any pictures of the three-in-one set on Reddit recently, only of the Expert one.

15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't think there have been any pictures of the three-in-one set on Reddit recently, only of the Expert one.

The pirate one is easy to find online. I've just done a Google image search and it pops straight up. They're not new images though, just the one that was leaked a couple of months ago.

Reddit discord now has full images of the Pirate roller coaster.  These are more clear than the one that has been out for several weeks.  It is clear enough to see the two alternate builds.  

Reddit discord also has clear images of the new yacht, which I love!

The new Creator images (as well as Ninjago) are also up on instagram...with the usual suspects.:classic:

I'm struggling to find these new pictures. Are they clear enough to tell any details about the alternate builds of the Pirate Rollercoaster?

19 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I'm struggling to find these new pictures. Are they clear enough to tell any details about the alternate builds of the Pirate Rollercoaster?

if you search "instagram lego leaks", you should find them.  They show the back of the box.  The image is much clearer than the previously leaked photo, but the image is not that large.  You can certainly make out more details than before, but official images will be much better when they are released.

26 minutes ago, wooster said:

if you search "instagram lego leaks", you should find them.  They show the back of the box.  The image is much clearer than the previously leaked photo, but the image is not that large.  You can certainly make out more details than before, but official images will be much better when they are released.

Great, I've found them now. Many thanks! :classic: I can see more details in the Pirate Coaster now and although it's much smaller than the Creator expert set I bet they will still go together pretty well. It has a classic style Pirate cannon and several other elements that should please classic Pirate fans.

I notice there is also a higher res picture of the Candy/Pastry store as well.

The Creator "Modular" Pastry / Sweet Shop is terrible.

But, the Creator Pirates Rollercoaster is pretty awesome looking. It's hard to believe that both builds are under the same "Creator" banner.

Creator has been trending this way for some time, but this summer 2018 wave really is just City by another name: that is, City with alt builds.  The alt builds on all of these look really nice, though.  It reminds me of the best set + alt build combinations of 1990s Town.  And that yacht is so amazing I just might get it.

Check out thebrickfan.com. He has added high res pics of loads of new summer 2018 sets including all the creator sets.

I assume these are no longer classed as leaks then?

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

The Candy Shop looks nice, but the stairs on the side look weird and a decent second floor is definately missing! :sceptic:

The Truck Show is ok. :thumbup:

Apart from that some stickers on the Yacht would have been nice, it does look awesome! And so does even the Pirates Rollercoaster with all its great details (only a pity that there's no function to get the train up)! :wub:

51 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The Candy Shop looks nice, but the stairs on the side look weird and a decent second floor is definately missing! :sceptic:

I agree with you about the stairs on the Candy Shop. Right from when the first image was leaked I felt that these stairs looked a bit awkward and out of place. Not to mention the fact they don't really seem to lead to anything of interest on the top of the building either.

However on one of the new images showing the back of the box there is an alternate shot of the model from a different angle and I must say it looks much better. It also looks as if there is a bit of nice detailing on the inside as well.

Edited by Bricked1980

Thanks for all the info! There are some really interesting sets we're getting! :classic:

Sweet Surprises isn't bad but certainly not as good as the small modulars everybody liked. I like its color scheme and the brick-built signage though but that's just not an enough good reason to get it.

The yacht looks amazing. The mini builds are really nice as well! I like the surfboard shop, too.

Pirate Roller Coaster should be one of my favorite Creator sets of all time! I'm sure this set will attract  many AFOLs as well as some of you said. :thumbup:

Is the tree trunk a new piece? It looks great! 

Mobile Stunt Show looks nice but except the front of the truck (not the monster truck, the other one), I'm personally not really interested in it.

31 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

The yacht looks amazing. The mini builds are really nice as well! I like the surfboard shop, too

Yes, I think the yacht is probably the star of the show with this summers creator sets. All 3 builds look great.

So the only set we're still waiting on official images for is the pirate themed tree house. I'm interested to get a better view of the alternate builds for that one.

Edited by Bricked1980

The pirate coaster is pretty interesting.   They are sure making use of those coaster tracks in any and every set they can.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

The pirate coaster is pretty interesting.   They are sure making use of those coaster tracks in any and every set they can.  :laugh:

Yes and I feel strangely like acquiring all I can get all my grubby little paws on, quite unlike me really. I think eventually I will have both Coaster sets. Also the track pieces do indeed seem to be in a few of the other sets. 

Edited by Johnny1360

For the pirate rollercoaster, I was hoping the balloons would be replaced with the new moulded ones from the CMF line in the final set but oh well.

It also appears that the carts have changed colour from white to grey (or sand blue?) from the preliminary pictures

Hope to also see final pics of the treehouse soon. I think it's meant to have the same release date?

So I count 10 track sections of 4 varieties, 4-90 degree flat curves, 2 top of rise, 2 bottom of rise and 2 change of grade sections, no flat straight ones. Is that what others see?