Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

On 1/7/2018 at 6:16 PM, sebitsena said:

Those house were ... well nice houses. They were playable for kids and nice to display too. But TLG constantly improves the sets by observing the children and it seems kids prefer modules rather than smashing everything down and rebuild a new thing... So TLG goes the way kids want. A bad way for adults 

I agree TLG has to create sets that are most appealing to children. It's just disappointing as those smaller houses and shops were a good substitute for collectors who don't have the money and space to collect the large Expert Modular sets.

On a plus note, that Pirate themed rollercoaster looks an awesome set!!

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

*JangWasHere.mp4*

A little disappointed that the main build is so large compared to minifigs.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:24 PM, parsom said:

Any rumors about what 2018 Creator Expert Car will be?

These are still very loose rumors but maybe it's going to be set number 10262 and even more maybe it will cost € 145. Should this turn out to be true it would contain even more pieces than the 10258 London Bus (€ 120 / 1686 pieces).

https://rebrickable.com/blog/155/new-2018-lego-sets/

http://www.jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2018.htm  

No info whatsoever on what vehicle it will be. This is the biggest source of wishing/speculation on the 2018 Creator Espert car I have found: http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/27097/creator-expert-vehicles-2018-beyond#latest

On 1/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, parsom said:

Any rumors about what 2018 Creator Expert Car will be?

My guess is that it will carry on in the direction started by the London Bus and rather than being a classic car it will be another iconic public transport vehicle. Maybe a San francisco tram, New York cab or something like that.

Edited by Bricked1980

On 12/01/2018 at 3:17 PM, Bricked1980 said:

My guess is that it will carry on in the direction started by the London Bus and rather than being a classic car it will be another iconic public transport vehicle. Maybe a San francisco tram, New York cab or something like that.

I’m being v optimistic but maybe that’s why the excellent Tram didn’t get through the last Lego Ideas review...

1 hour ago, PeteM said:

I’m being v optimistic but maybe that’s why the excellent Tram didn’t get through the last Lego Ideas review...

Much like the Diner did in that same review, maybe?

Well, perhaps you may be on to something, as that could make for a cool Creator Expert set. 

Just picked up 31074 Rocket Rally Car. Not sure why but I really like this set, probably even pick up 2 or 3 more of them eventually. It's got some good parts, some I never even knew existed. Anyway just felt like throwing in my two cents. 

On 8/23/2017 at 6:23 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

we still have not seen images for sets 31077 and 31078. I wonder what those will be? :shrug_confused:

I like to speculate and read technic/creator/advanced rumors... I happened to stumble on this comment from designer comments from a recent car set "My favorite set to date next to 31078...", from designer who has about 50% history of designing car modes, the chances (50%?) are that 31078 is another car. And I am happy if that is the case.

I do realise that designers do switch focus or design something completely different from the past.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:38 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Just picked up 31074 Rocket Rally Car. Not sure why but I really like this set, probably even pick up 2 or 3 more of them eventually. It's got some good parts, some I never even knew existed. Anyway just felt like throwing in my two cents. 

I am still new and casual AFOL, so I actually do not have specific use for this. But it does look interesting:

https://brickset.com/parts/6199908/plate-1x3-w-2-knobs

I am hoping this part will appear in another set, because I do not need the bright yellowish green color in my limited collection, right now.

edit: sorry for double post :(

Edited by LegoCube

Over in the city 2018 rumors and discussion thread somebody is claiming to have seen a leaked copy of the summer 2018 catalogue. Amongst other things he says that creator set 31077 is called modular pastry house and 31078 is a tree house. Not sure if this is legit though.

I saw that too. Wasn’t 31077 rumored to be called “ The Universe is full of Surprises” before? A strange name for a pastry shop :laugh: I don’t really know what to make of that...

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Over in the city 2018 rumors and discussion thread somebody is claiming to have seen a leaked copy of the summer 2018 catalogue. Amongst other things he says that creator set 31077 is called modular pastry house and 31078 is a tree house. Not sure if this is legit though.

That guy is... completely wrong. No idea what he's doing.

41 minutes ago, Tron Of Black said:

...Wasn’t 31077 rumored to be called “ The Universe is full of Surprises” before? A strange name for a pastry shop.

Source on that? :)

Edited by Azani

10 minutes ago, Azani said:

Brick Lover posted the name here in this thread. But it seems he edited his post to remove the names, strange ( you can still see it in other posts that quote him though)...

So you’re saying there’s still a chance of 31077 being about space instead of pastry:wink:

Just now, Tron Of Black said:

Brick Lover posted the name here in this thread. But it seems he edited his post to remove the names, strange ( you can still see it in other posts that quote him though)...

So you’re saying there’s still a chance of 31077 being about space instead of pastry:wink:

I see.

Talked with a guy; may as well admit it. That fellow has seen the catalog; everything that he says is correct.

:hmpf_bad:

Over in the City topic, @whung gave us a strong hint how to find the pics. Thanks whung! :classic:

I'm not interested in another new tree house. :thumbdown:

The monster truck show looks imo much better than expected. :classic:

I like how decent TLG built the jacht "although" it's "only" a Creator one - really cool and will for sure go very well with all the City and Friends beach sets from the last years! :thumbup:

The pastry looks really lovely and is a welcome addition to every City. It's a pity that they added a stairs to the right side. But I like all the details in- and outside. Great! :wub::wub:

3 hours ago, Azani said:

That guy is... completely wrong. No idea what he's doing.

Actually he is correct. If you read his post in the city thread he mentions what to search for on Google. I have just done this and one of the search results that comes up is for a pdf of the entire catalogue that can be downloaded.

Edited by Bricked1980

Ah well, no Space themed sets for this wave it appears. :sceptic:

But, that yacht set is pretty solid looking, and it looks like it incorporates that 10×3 windshield part into its construction, the one that usually is utilized on Creator Expert cars. As for the other three sets besides the rollercoaster, I guess they really don't really do anything for me, but they don't necessarily look bad. 

My favourite one is the boat and the awesome pirate rollercoaster. The pastry shop looks pretty good although reminds me quite a lot of a friends set.

I’m not a fan of the pastry shop (although, I thought it looked like an ice cream store from the photo). It seems very unsubstantial - a few window frames, door and stairs. There doesn’t appear to be any real walls or design. It’s a major step down even from the smaller Creator Grocery Store and Toy Shop. Maybe clearer pictures will reveal a more interesting design.

The yacht doesn’t look too bad. And the Creator tree house must be a best seller to see so many variants!

For me:

1. Pirates Coaster

2. Yacht Adventure

3. I don’t like the modular design, but maybe the Pastry Shop if it looks better than this year houses.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:31 PM, Bricked1980 said:

I'm talking about these style of sets...

49119528_Alt04?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg3be2e83784f97be978a832cd9bf689f4.jpg

This line seems to have been scrapped in favor of the newer open back buildings with modular sections which can be swapped about.

Oh please let 31077 fit in with these nicely!  It's been so nice to have mini modulars from Creator these last few years.  Can anyone confirm if this is carrying on in the tradition we've seen, or is it more like the early 2018 sets?