Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

Now here is a thread to discuss the rumors of the 2018 Creator sets. Let's hope that Sir von Lego will deliver us with some good news soon.

I certainly am hoping Creator has something great in store for 2018, considering it will be both the System's 60th anniversary and the 40th anniversary of traditional themes such as space and castle. I definitely know both @danth and @LegoMonorailFan are hoping for the same thing. :wink:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I certainly am hoping Creator has something great in store for 2018, considering it will be both the System's 60th anniversary and the 40th anniversary of traditional themes such as space and castle. I definitely know both @danth and @LegoMonorailFan are hoping for the same thing. :wink:

Heck yeah. The 40th anniversary of the original Legoland themes is a huge opportunity to do something epic! I hope they don't waste it!

I hope that they move away from the new (Creator) "modular" residential buildings. I'm not a fan of the open-back, mix and match "modular" builds.

What does everyone think the chances are for "60th Anniversary of the Brick" entied sets for non-Expert Creator sets next year? Do you think it is more likely or unlikely to to happen?

There are four sets so far seen in new preliminary leaks for the Creator theme, which include...

31073 Dragon, 31079 Surfer Van, 31080 Modular Winter Lodge, and 31081 Modular Funhouse.

I love the Winter Lodge already, and that's just basing it on the main build. Might end up being a triple buy if the other two builds are just as good.

That Volkswagen Type 2. Man, if they'd just do the damn Ferrari F40 in minifig scale I'd be sitting pretty.

I don't like the new open back, "Modular" approach to Creator buildings, so the Winter Lodge and Funhouse don't appeal to me.

But, that Surfer Van is pretty cool.

Looks like five new sets leaked, all 3-in-1s. Pics you-know-where.

Red, white and blue biplane with wing-walker. Alternate builds are hard to make out, one looks like a boat, the other I can't really tell.

Orange and white flying craft. Twin ducted fans, fans, think Scorpion gunship from Avatar. Alternate build appear to be an airboat and a twin-enging prop-job, similar in appearance to the plane build in Propeller Adventures.

Blue and white open-wheel racer, Alternate builds look like a kart and some kind of space racer type deal. Like something from F-Zero.

Blue and grey pick-up truck. Alternate build looks like a helicopter and then some kind of small building/vignette.

Edited by K_Tiger

I like how the Creator Vehicles are moving towards being minifigure friendly. 

- Daredevil Plane looks good in my opinion, I also like the Captain America torso on the fig.

- Hovercraft thing looks like a neat minifig scale vehicle.

- Couldn't care less for the other three vehicles.

- Dragon isn't exciting.

- LOVE the Surfer Van, includes good beach scenery, a nice umbrella print, and a volkswagen like feel to it.

- "Funhouse" is the new city building for 2018. It looks alright, but I'd have to find a use for it in a Residential area, or a small business area.

So, here are the set numbers and their corresponding names:

31071 Drone Explorer, 31072 Extreme Engines, 31074 Rocket Rally Car, 31075 Outback Adventures, and 31076 Daredevil Stunt Plane.

Of these five, I think the Drone Explorer and the Rocket Rally Car are my two favorites; but I have to say, we still have not seen images for sets 31077 and 31078. I wonder what those will be? :shrug_confused:

11 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

the other I can't really tell.

I think it's a normal plane.

The second biggest set on the new catalog pages looks like an updated version of 2HY 2015's 31037 Adventure Vehicles.

I can't find the 31080 Winter Lodge leak,  can someone describe the set for me? Do these sets come out in January? Thanks. 

Edited by aukevin

8 minutes ago, aukevin said:

I can't find the 31080 Winter Lodge leak,  can someone describe the set for me? Do these sets come out in January? Thanks. 

According to the catalog preliminaries, yes, it reads that they will launch in January.

As far as the Modular Winter Lodge, the set has two minifigures, male and female, both in winter attire. The female figure has a reddish hairpiece and a Lime Green snowboard and the male figure has a Bright Blue racer helmet with snow goggles and two Dark Purple skis. The right side of the lodge is made up of many 2×2 roof slopes in white for snow, has a light blue door on the front, a brown brick built picnic table, and a cute, round brick built snow owl with Mixel eyes.

From the catalog image though, I can't really make out the alternate builds unfortunately. :def_shrug:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

According to the catalog preliminaries, yes, it reads that they will launch in January.

As far as the Modular Winter Lodge, the set has two minifigures, male and female, both in winter attire. The female figure has a reddish hairpiece and a Lime Green snowboard and the male figure has a Bright Blue racer helmet with snow goggles and two Dark Purple skis. The right side of the lodge is made up of many 2×2 roof slopes in white for snow, has a light blue door on the front, a brown brick built picnic table, and a cute, round brick built snow owl with Mixel eyes.

From the catalog image though, I can't really make out the alternate builds unfortunately. :def_shrug:

Thank you! Glad it is coming out during January when my winter village will still be up in case it goes well with it. 

For people who saw the catalogue- Does the 31076 Daredevil Stunt Plane look like it's in the same sort of scale as 31039 blue power jet, 31011 Aviation adventures and 5892 Sonic Boom (500-600 bricks)?

1 hour ago, tpvelo said:

For people who saw the catalogue- Does the 31076 Daredevil Stunt Plane look like it's in the same sort of scale as 31039 blue power jet, 31011 Aviation adventures and 5892 Sonic Boom (500-600 bricks)?

It looks like one of these acrobatic biplanes. It even has a minifigure on the wings.article-0-187DEA1A000005DC-817_964x590.j

1 hour ago, tpvelo said:

Not even remotely. The footprint appears to be a bit larger than that of the biplane we got in the City Airshow set. Lots of 1x2 curved slopes for the wings.