36008310675_035751245e_b.jpg

More than three hundred years ago, the Myzec were at their prime, a highly sophisticated civilization, the undisputed rulers of Cascadia. But prosperty brought
another problem: Time. People suddenly had plenty of it available - to think, to develop ambitions, and to start political intrigues.
Vohazulan, a minor servant of the high priestess of the Myzec, used his influence among the common people to secretly originate his own religious cult. The
"Felinians", as they called themselves, worshipped the large carnivourous cats, the apex predators of Cascadia's deep jungles, as gods. Soon Vohazulan's
followers grew in size, secretly raising temples in unfrequented areas deep within the jungle, where they worshipped their feline gods.
The Felinians refused to fight the carnivourous cats, and being eaten by a god was the greatest honour the cultists could hope for. While Vohazulan had only
strived for political influence and raw power, his cult had soon made itself independent from its founder. Young men who were supposed to become warriors,
scientists or masterbuilders, and even young women who were set for their way to religious and political power, ventured into the jungle alone, to become prey
to the claws of the gods. Thus having acquired a taste for human flesh, and knowing the ease of obtaining it, more and more cats had become pure maneaters -
which had not been their nature ever before. When the great retreat was initiated, at the time when the Myzec retreated into the protected valley and lost all
contact to their mother civilization outside, Vohazulan was banned from the city of Myzectlan. While most Myzec believe he has found his self-created doom
between the teeth of the largest tiger that had ever been, some fear he had secretly returned to the city, and that his cult may have lived on in the dark till this
very day.
Most Myzec, however, think only the events around Vohazulan and his cult have lead to the retreat of their whole people into the valley, and thus also to the
demise of their civilization. Only in recent years their warriors have started to rediscover their bravery, venturing into the jungles once again, always ready to
fight the felines, while the scientists hope that over generations the cats may have forgotten the taste of human flesh.

This, at least, is what Halosian scientists have extracted from the incomplete records of  Myzectlans history.

35619174640_1802330f7b.jpg 

35875181541_85150eb237.jpg

35966805496_1f8c0d3fa0.jpg

35875179131_92cb0051e6.jpg

35837570402_9190a64f40.jpg

36008297845_93b084f334.jpg

35837560932_66120b2c7a.jpg

35966820156_88ff72aa88.jpg

Quite heavily inspired by this 3d rendering which I found via Google...

Edited by Elostirion

VERY cool! Great story/history, and a fantastic job of interpreting the linked image. The use of the carved lion head piece in the statues is excellent. And of course fantastic jungle foliage. The SNOT elements of the stone structure look great. And the background works quite well. My only criticism is that the water didn't quite work for me; the visible pattern hurt the effect. But that is a minor thing. You did a great job with the irregular edge of the water. Overall, amazing MOC. After the teasers, you didn't disappoint! :thumbup:

Splendid!  Fabulous jungle scene, Elostirion, loving those lime green bits!  The grey ruins and water - great idea using dark trans-clear here! - add some excellent darker, more subdued colours to the build, and tiger, of course, is epic! :grin:  Clever idea with the background too, it works quite nicely overall, and I'm really liking the bands of exposed studs on the otherwise smooth ruins :thumbup:

Intriguing backstory as well, this island is really become more and more interesting!

This is fabulous! You keep raising the bar for these large cat builds. The dark water is a great feature to this build as it makes the whole scene appear deep in the dark jungle without you even having to dim the lighting.  Also placing it at a 45 degree angle from the other parts of the build really makes this pop. The ruins are well done, and the vegetation is exceptional. Another fabulous part of this build is the background. It really creates the feel that you are looking off into the jungle with more and more trees and vegetation in the distance. Finally, I like the inclusion of the leopard even though it is not the focal point of this build. I almost missed it, but you did a great job of posing it and the tiger as well. Look forward to more cat builds!

Absolutely fantastic work Elostirion! I love the all-Lego shots which really immerse you into the deep jungle. The dark, reflective water is a great feature point and the posing of the tiger is superb. The greenery is perfect - nothing more to say about that! The temple itself is also very good, especially the SNOT floors and feline statues.

All over a great addition to Myzectlan!

Oh and I totally missed the Jaguar/Leopard until Silentwolf pointed it out!

Wow, very well built jungle scene, it's a wonderful replica of the original. Great snot technique for the temple ruin.

Edited by Bodi

Sweet story!!!

So many things to enjoy in this build. I only discovered in the 8th picture there was that amazing background, so amazing job on the effect you created with it!

Another great jungle build!  I've really been enjoying these... and this one is no exception!  Lovely vegetation, and great work on the ruins too.  Good choice of color for the water!  The semi-pixelated background is also a very neat idea - I feel like it works well from low angles, but clashes too much with the fine detail of the rest of the build when seen from a higher angle.  But perfect job conveying a mood of solitary but not lonely grandeur with the leopard coming to drink! :thumbup:

Hats off to you, good sir. This build is amazing. Superb job on creating a temple that is being overgrown by a thick jungle. The trans-black for the water looks amazing and the brick built backdrop is just icing on the cake. 

Just incredible... IMHO your built have no cause to be envious of the 3D rendering, it is especially well copied and has much more pattern.

Very good, the idea to use the brick embossed bricks for the paving of the ruin, I like it !

The jungle is thick like a real one (you must have been bored stiff in order that all pieces stick together without snaping up)

I'm fond of your background idea...  wish I had enough cool bricks to do such a background for my builts

MAGNIFICENT build! All that foliage and the outstanding story that goes along is what makes that build shine! I particularly love the water effect, the brick-built background and the lion sculpture! Also kudos on your SNOT techniques at the building! :thumbup: