Play TicTacToe against this LEGO Mindstorms EV3 robot. It uses three motors to drop its balls into the right field and a NXTCam to view the board.  It then calculates the best move using a MiniMax Algorithm. All future moves are explored and rated according to their winning chances. An IR sensor detects your hand when you drop your ball.

The robot is using red balls and the human player uses blue balls. The java code is available at Github and the building instructions are available for LEGO Digital Designer on my website show in the description. I used the MinuteBot baseplate, which is useful for building static Mindstorms models. I also used a LED lamp to provide consistent lighting that is powered through the USB port of the EV3.

The position of the camera can be centered on the board using the wrench and through sliding along the axles.

I hope you enjoy this robot.

More information at http://www.bartneck.de/2017/07/17/tictactoe-playing-lego-mindstorms-robot-using-computer-vision/

Great robot!

I actually thought about making a TicTacToe robot once, but using 3 colour sensors (which I didn't have) to scan the board instead of a camera.

Just saw this post now, it's wonderful !

Another project I can build with my EV3 kit, thanks for sharing!