2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Out of all the people who already had votes no one is more or less suspect than anyone else, so yes, why not the one who voted for me!!

Umm, because it's a scummy thing to do! At least vote for someone you actually think is suspicious rather than just voting for me because I voted for you, I said before, vote for me if you want but you're only hurting the town.

5 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Fair points, though my intention is not to distract, but rather to inject some humor into what has a been a rather slow Day 1. I also believe Gopher was the first to place a bandwagon vote on Finn following Brickald's accusation.

If it wasn't Day 1, yes, my reasoning would be ridiculous. However, especially in the first hours of voting, you read the character fluff, throw out some votes, see what sticks and how they react. Not overly suspicious. :shrug_oh_well: 

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

As pointed out, this was not the first bandwagon vote. I had already started a bandwagon vote against Me. Foley. Is there some reason you weren't eager to join that bandwagon?

Oh no, oh no! Seems you have misunderstood! I felt I had to vote for someone who had already been voted for - spreading out votes to everyone on a first day isn't much use because it doesn't reveal any information. So I wanted to vote for someone already had a vote, to see who would and wouldn't clamp on. Out of all the people who already had votes no one is more or less suspect than anyone else, so yes, why not the one who voted for me!!

My mistake on the bandwagon vote, but I'll just leave my vote for now. No new revelations yet.

8 hours ago, jluck said:

I know day 1 votes are tough, but what do you expect holding off will help? You can always change your vote, but it's unlikely there's gonna be much substance today beyond speculation. 

Nobody sticks out to me unfortunately. Why would I throw out a vote at someone, especially if it's going to be changed?

I don't think that Fosstud is scum to be honest. I think he's just a new player. I think if he was scum his team would be coaching him right now on what to say. Unless that's what they're doing and they're crafting a really long winded response. So, if he comes in with a really well-crafted statement, you know something's up.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Nobody sticks out to me unfortunately. Why would I throw out a vote at someone, especially if it's going to be changed?

I don't think that Fosstud is scum to be honest. I think he's just a new player. I think if he was scum his team would be coaching him right now on what to say. Unless that's what they're doing and they're crafting a really long winded response. So, if he comes in with a really well-crafted statement, you know something's up.

Except now, they know we'll suspect a well crafted statement so they'll coach him to sound like a newb:tongue:

12 minutes ago, jluck said:

Except now, they know we'll suspect a well crafted statement so they'll coach him to sound like a newb:tongue:

Ah, the 'ol switcheroo!

27 minutes ago, jluck said:

But now they'll know that we know that they'll coach him to sound like a newbie so they'll coach him to sound fairly well crafted :tongue:

Current vote tally
1 vote for Gopher PA (Zepher) - tariq j
2 vote for Bob Fosstud (Patrat) - Kintobor, Rider Raider
1 vote for Roger Ebrick (Lord Duvors) - Actor Builder
2 votes for Finn Foley (Tariq J) - TinyPiesRUs, Zepher
2 votes for Brick Affleck (Actor Builder) - jluck, mediumsnowman
1 vote for Nash Bricksman (mediumsnowman) - Umbra-Manis

You still have 15 hours left in the day. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

We really have nothing to go on and have spent the day throwing around worthless accusations and idle speculation. Another day at the office.

I see no real reason to suspect anyone over anyone else based on what they've said, but ultimately non-participation means a lack of interest in helping us deal with these Burpamount thugs, so I'll go in that direction to satisfy the voting requirement.

Vote: Bob Fostudd (PatRat)

You never said a word, despite opportunity to do so. You're either scum and scared to reveal yourself by speaking, or don't care enough to help. Either way, that doesn't do us any good, so you need to go.

To me, lurking is just equal to danger. It's our best bet for Day 1 and in order for us to get some results on Day 2. We need to be pro-active on Day 1. 

*swishes on out of her trailer, hair billowing in the wind, a goddess among mortals* Agent! Where's my fruit platter? Where's that stage hand? Where's my furcoat? Where's that cute do-

15 hours ago, Bob said:

Bark! Sorry, I'm here!

Oh! Adorable! :wub:

Anyway, I was put off my lunch by a somewhat unsavoury stench wafting into my trailer so I may as well join in the voting.  In my not-very-humble experience being a star actress in many films that oddly had plots very similar to our current situation (do give Peine d'amour: Heartlake a watch, it should have been a Henry-award-winning drama), I know that the day 1 lynch, of all lynches, is the most random of them all.  But! We need something to get the ball rolling and it may be useful to look back on in future days as the basis for an emerging scummy trend.

For myself, I could place a random vote, but if we are to actually get a lynch it does make it easy to pick on the person who has been suspiciously quiet.  Almost too easy.  It is a valid concern that someone lurking may just be new and so could be from the town, but better to lynch an inactive townie than an active one, and there is of course an equal chance as with anyone else that we may pick on day 1 that he is scum.

Vote:  Bob Fostudd (PatRat)

That said, if you've got something useful to say or contribute or you know, have the key to defeating the scum and winning me my Henry award tucked away somewhere, then you should probably speak up soon Bob dear. I'll be by the buffet if you have anything you want to say to sway the vote somewhere else.

These last minute day one votes always make me uneasy. Killing someone when they may or may not have an opportunity to defend themselves, or to make a role claim. I'm happy to keep my vote where it is for now, but I'll try to check in after I take a nap.

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

You still have 15 hours left in the day. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

How many votes is a majority? What do you take me for, some kind of high falutin' mathematician?

Around 20 hours ago I sent Mr. Fosstud a PM telling him that lurking looks very scummy and that he needs to come out and defend himself, especially if he is a town power role, but he hasn't even read the PM yet. :look: PMs do send a notification email, correct? 

5 hours ago, TinyPiesRUs said:

How many votes is a majority? What do you take me for, some kind of high falutin' mathematician?

I believe 9 votes is a majority.

My vote is doing no good in it's current position, but I do feel bad voting for the new player on his first day.

Unvote: Nash Bricksman (mediumsnowman)

Thing is Mr Fostuud is a newbie player, he may not do what we think is right in this situation (if that makes sense) for example on another life of mines hen I was a newbie, I had the most votes to be lynched and didn't think of claiming when I had an important town PR, so I could have saved myself, but because it was my first game I was pretty scared about claiming. 

That said though, if he's not defending himself now, 6 hours before voting ends, is there any guarantee he'll come to defend himself or be of any help later in the game? 

40 minutes ago, Rider Raider said:

Around 20 hours ago I sent Mr. Fosstud a PM telling him that lurking looks very scummy and that he needs to come out and defend himself, especially if he is a town power role, but he hasn't even read the PM yet. :look: PMs do send a notification email, correct? 

I believe 9 votes is a majority.

PM's should send notifications, but He last visited the forum yesterday morning, maybe he's gone to make up a new dance routine? 

Current vote tally
6 vote for Bob Fosstud (Patrat) - Kintobor, Rider Raider, Shadows, WhiteFang, Dragonator, Umbra-Manis
2 votes for Brick Affleck (Actor Builder) - jluck, mediumsnowman

You still have 3.5 hours left in the day. A majority vote (9) is required to lynch a player.

15 hours ago, Bob said:

I don't think that Fosstud is scum to be honest. I think he's just a new player. I think if he was scum his team would be coaching him right now on what to say.

I really agree with Bob here. This lynch train on Fosstud is just too easy. He really doesn't feel like scum, but I would be willing to change my vote to him if we get to the very end of the day and still lack a majority.

14 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I really agree with Bob here. This lynch train on Fosstud is just too easy. He really doesn't feel like scum, but I would be willing to change my vote to him if we get to the very end of the day and still lack a majority.

Do you seriously think that we will come to a better resolution than "Lynch the inactive" in the final 3 hours of day 1? Nobody else is even remotely scummy or being voted for for a serious reason.

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

Current vote tally
1 vote for Gopher PA (Zepher) - tariq j This vote was to kick off the discussion.
6 vote for Bob Fosstud (Patrat) - Kintobor, Rider Raider, Shadows, WhiteFang, Dragonator, Umbra-Manis These votes were because of Bob's inactivity.
1 vote for Roger Ebrick (Lord Duvors) - Actor Builder This vote was for joke role play reasons.
2 votes for Finn Foley (Tariq J) - TinyPiesRUs, Zepher TPRU voted because Finn voted first, and Zepher revenge voted.
2 votes for Brick Affleck (Actor Builder) - jluck, mediumsnowman Roleplay

As you can see, no evidence for anyone else. If Bob Fosstud were to flip town, it wouldn't be too much of a tragedy because he is doing nothing for us, plus we would get to analyze voting patterns.

Well it seems Fosstud is the only option for a lunch today. He has been on since we were all asking him to participate, and yet he has said nothing. I'm sad to to vote for him as he is new, but he should have said something. 

Vote: Bob Fosstud (Patrat)

Oh geez oh man. I really think we need a lynch today, but I don't like lynching someone who has said nothing, because boy oh boy the Burpamount people would be absolutely yelling at Fosstud to say something behind the scenes... and because of that I think maybe Fosstud is a member of our own fine studio and Burpamount is just trying to get an easy first day lynch on him...

But having no lynch worries me a lot too, and I think everyone who spread around votes should be considered very suspect. We almost definitely don't have a Vigilante in a game like this, so likely tomorrow we will have a dead townie on our hands, and without a lynch equally little to go on, putting Burpamount in a really good position to have us waffle away another day.

51 minutes ago, Rider Raider said:

Do you seriously think that we will come to a better resolution than "Lynch the inactive" in the final 3 hours of day 1? Nobody else is even remotely scummy or being voted for for a serious reason.

Good point, we are fast running out of time. I don't like it, but in order to secure a majority, 

Unvote: Brick Affleck (Actor Builder)

Vote: Bob Fosstud (Patrat)

17 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Well it seems Fosstud is the only option for a lunch today. 

Speaking of which, when is lunch? 

If we need 9 I'll change. I'd prefer a lynch of an inactive over no lynch at all. 

Unvote: Brick Affleck (actor builder)

Vote: Bob Fosstud (patrat)

15 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Ah, the 'ol switcheroo!

Hold my Brick , I'm going on!

(Reddit reference for those who don't know)

35660757340_f014fa6f19_b.jpg

Current vote tally
11 vote for Bob Fosstud (Patrat) - Kintobor, Rider Raider, Shadows, WhiteFang, Dragonator, Umbra-Manis, Khscarymovie4, jluck, mediumsnowman, (2 penalty votes)
1 vote for Brickie (Bob) - (1 penalty vote for not voting)
1 vote for Roger Ebrick (Lord Duvors) - (1 penalty vote for not voting)

The day ends with the lynch of Bob Fosstud (PatRat) with 11 (65%) votes. The Day has ended, and night has begun for 48 hours. Night actions may be sent.

*Coming soon to a EuroBricks topic near you: Day 1 End Comic