WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71019 LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series

LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series   

132 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO Ninjago Movie Series?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO Ninjago Movie Series?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 4 - No, I prefer both traditional and licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures

Wow! Lots of cool figs in this Ninjago set. And your review is full of the usual clear photos and imaginative shots with their 'friends!" 

Can't believe you continue to spew out these fantastic reviews of CMS figs! Thanks from the Gang of AFOL's...

Since I knew this new CMF series I was waiting for WhiteFang's review. I love your reviews, specially the photos with minifigures with similar part assorment of theme-related. I know that the review was only carried out 60 hours after receiving your box...but @WhiteFang I would recommend some photos that I really miss (I thought about these photos since I saw the minifigures for the first time:

a) For the teddy bear collection, as I have them on my desk everyday, I have a collection of 5 and I will have the pink teddy bear from N-Pop Girl. You forget  Maggy's teddy bear from The Simpsons Series 1. Although it is broken, it needs appearing in your teddy bear festival

b) With the new ballerina from N-Pop Girl, you can prepare a ballet crew, with the pink ballerina from Batman and the colourful ballerina from N-Pop. Different ballerina would represent main dancers!!

c) For the guitar festival, perhaps you should include the Guitar Frankstein from Series 14 (Monster). He has also a nice guitar. And if all kinds of guitar are included, not only heavy or rock guitars, the Mariachi should appear. (They are only suggestions)

Teddy bears.jpg

Amazing review as ever Whitfang! 

I have to say that this whole series offers me something to get, be it headgear or new colours/prints. I love that Dragon Tattoo on the rocker (not just because I would love one exactly like that), the new bowls are great and I can't help but love the great percentage of girls in there. (Recalling days gone by when it was not the easiest to get a variety of female minifigures).

Thanks for your review :sweet:

For someone who does not collect Ninjago, there are some surprisingly interesting minifigs here.  I definitely have an interest in the Sushi Chef, perhaps the N-Pop girl, a couple of the Ninjas, and a few others.  My boys are definitely interested in getting a bulk of the selection offered.  

Great review as always, Whitefang.
There are many of us who appreciate the huge amount of side pictures that you painstakingly take along with other similarly themed minifigs :)
I'm really missing the point on why TLG decided to have 3 different Garmadons (Having two variants of the same character is already overkill)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I think that angler headpiece could work great alone as the actual fish.

Maybe?    th?id=OIP.vIDlwckTNaIG3Ofzcf7iBwEsDI&pid=15.1

By the way @WhiteFang, I really don't know who specifically, but how would some of the new hairpieces introduced this theme (Lloyd's, Cole's, Kai's, etc.) look on some different CMFs from other CMSs? 

Really good review! I always enjoy your photography and seeing all the different minifigure variants with their counterparts from other series! I'm slowly assembling my own rock band (series 4 rocker and TLBM series), gong and guitar rocker will be a great addition to my collection! Big AC-DC fan, so Cole is a must-have!

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @WhiteFang, I really don't know who specifically, but how would some of the new hairpieces introduced this theme (Lloyd's, Cole's, Kai's, etc.) look on some different CMFs from other CMSs? 

Great review as always Whitefang but this is something I would also like to see - using the hairpieces on standard Lego faces. I would particularly have liked to see how the Disney Series hats and hairpieces looked on different heads (Alice, Ariel, Mr Incredible, Aladdin...)

Edited by lifeinplastic

@WhiteFang

Thank you for another fantastic review and set of pictures! A LEGO minifigure series just isn't a LEGO minifigure series until WhiteFang has reviewed it. Please thank Mrs WhiteFang for giving you the time to do this.

In response to your surprise that the shark army angler is a woman, it may be a reference to the fact that in real life some species of angler fish are extremely sexually dimorphic with females vastly larger than males. I believe there are some in which the comparatively tiny male's body permanently fuses to that of the female, becoming a symbiont. 

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I think that angler headpiece could work great alone as the actual fish.

Not mentioned, but I did think it!

I'm considering two possibilities (and may do both):

• Placing a plain black or clear minifigure head inside the angler headpiece and using the assembly as a standalone angler, and/or
  • Using the angler headpiece on a black or sand green minifigure head attached to the CMF series 10 medusa's torso assembly and series 7 ocean king's tail. 
Edited by AmperZand
Typo

Cheers for the review, WhiteFang!
Very informative, as ever.

Wow, this set is absolutely brilliant! Not a great fan of Ninjago, but I'm going to get me some of these, a lot of them more than one.
Very versatile, some of these figs, and some terrific accessories, too.

Awesome review as always, loved all the pictures and commentary. N-Pop Girl is definitely the one I most want and will try to grab multiples of. I'm a bit sad that they are evenly distributed as I think some of them will be left sitting on shelves, especially those that are similar to ones that come in sets.

19 minutes ago, legocruncher said:

Why does Lego ninjago get the cool parts the cornflake box is a great piece but it only appears in ninjago!!!!

BrickLink is your friend. :wink:

Nice review, WhiteFang, as always. :thumbup:
Thank you for all the work you are putting into this and the nice comparison-photos! :wub:

It doesn't make me change my mind, though. :tongue:
Since TLC decided to raise the price once again, I will pass on any uninteresting minifig and this series is crowded with them.
3,99€ is clearly over my personal limit I want to pay for just one minifig. Hear that, TLC? Booooo! :damn:
Ninjago itself doesn't do anything for me, it's just single parts that are interesting.
I'm also sure I won't be watching the movie in the theaters unlike the last LEGO movies.

One good thing is the distribution of the single figs. 60 all in all and you get three copies of each? That could be worse. :wink:

The only figs of interest for me are N-POP girl and the guitar rocker, maybe the Sushi chef as well.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Exactly my thoughts!

And once more a huge thanks to Whitefang for the fabulous tradition of minifig series reviewing!

Although I don't actually dislike that series, I can't find much use for its minifigs however hard I am trying. Only a few minor accessories caught my eye but they surely don't justify the raise in prize at the CMF at least in my country from 3€ to 5€ retail price.

Thanks for another fantastically detailed review. This series is surpridingly useful for a non-traditional CMF series. I am enthralled by the fish headpieces, and I'm loving some of the figures (Sushi chef, Rock-Cole, N-Pop girl) the bowls are the big selling point for me. The entire Ninjago movie line of sets has traditional Japanese figs that the Temple of Airjitzu was sorely missing (which would have made it a day-one-buy for me instead of a no-buy)

Thanks for this review!

I find this serie funny and cool, and great for a city fan too :

- Those bowls and spoons are so great

- nice new hairepices and recolour

- new "clothes" with scarf and hoodie

What can we want more?

And this serie is a good way to have the fish gear in a cheep way, so I like it! And the octopus one is so great too, by its own.

The Npop girl is definitevly my favorite fig from this serie! I'm an Unikitty fan...:blush:

It's funny to see that LEGO has made a technology update on the stereo player ^^!

Whitefang, do you have the Harry Potter shark head, it's missing on your shark family picture :wink:

Thanks for this great job!

I really hope that bowl piece will apear in sets later. I do want the dragon one though - It will look great as detail on any MOC shelf !

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Very nice review @WhiteFang! As always, you made me wana buy these ninjago cmfs after reading this review. N pop girl looks nice with the little pink teddy bear and I liked the sushi, the bowl and the sword with an avocado hanging at the hilt. I think this is special mold design for a sword after the Sting. 

Thank you so much everyone for your comments and thoughts. It's nice to see many of you are now much keen than ever before. I am very glad this review help you to decide further. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:47 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Since it has not been mentioned yet, I think the "printing" on Cole's shirt is spouse to be AC-DC

Thanks samurai-turtle for the translation. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:59 PM, Robert8 said:

Agree

Those are my thoughts as well

The CMFs are supposed to be unique.... not the 2319287th version of a character. 

I understand there must be some cost savers, but here they took it to eleven. I expected to see more characters like the N-Pop Girl and the Sushi Chef

I fully agree with you and it frustrate me to see TLG breaking that 'unique' trend. More generic Ninjago City citizens could be welcoming. I really hope this will not continue in other future series. 

On 7/21/2017 at 6:07 AM, Herisanmi said:

Since I knew this new CMF series I was waiting for WhiteFang's review. I love your reviews, specially the photos with minifigures with similar part assorment of theme-related. I know that the review was only carried out 60 hours after receiving your box...but @WhiteFang I would recommend some photos that I really miss (I thought about these photos since I saw the minifigures for the first time:

a) For the teddy bear collection, as I have them on my desk everyday, I have a collection of 5 and I will have the pink teddy bear from N-Pop Girl. You forget  Maggy's teddy bear from The Simpsons Series 1. Although it is broken, it needs appearing in your teddy bear festival

b) With the new ballerina from N-Pop Girl, you can prepare a ballet crew, with the pink ballerina from Batman and the colourful ballerina from N-Pop. Different ballerina would represent main dancers!!

c) For the guitar festival, perhaps you should include the Guitar Frankstein from Series 14 (Monster). He has also a nice guitar. And if all kinds of guitar are included, not only heavy or rock guitars, the Mariachi should appear. (They are only suggestions)

Thanks Herisanmi. Give me time to work on your suggestions. Those ideas are very valid and I am aware of the missing Maggie's teddy bear which need to make a re-entrant somehow. 

On 7/21/2017 at 6:18 AM, Peppermint_M said:

I have to say that this whole series offers me something to get, be it headgear or new colours/prints. I love that Dragon Tattoo on the rocker (not just because I would love one exactly like that), the new bowls are great and I can't help but love the great percentage of girls in there. (Recalling days gone by when it was not the easiest to get a variety of female minifigures).

Indeed, Peppy. Gone are the days, where female minifigures are a very rare sight. 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:30 AM, ultiminutes said:

Great review as always, Whitefang.
There are many of us who appreciate the huge amount of side pictures that you painstakingly take along with other similarly themed minifigs :)
I'm really missing the point on why TLG decided to have 3 different Garmadons (Having two variants of the same character is already overkill)

Yes.. Having 3 different Garmadons is indeed overkill, especially when one of them are appearing in the regular sets. I am ok with the other two variants. 

On 7/21/2017 at 11:43 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

It might and it may actually complement with my built 7771 Angler Ambush from Aqua Raiders. 

On 7/21/2017 at 6:33 PM, lifeinplastic said:

Great review as always Whitefang but this is something I would also like to see - using the hairpieces on standard Lego faces. I would particularly have liked to see how the Disney Series hats and hairpieces looked on different heads (Alice, Ariel, Mr Incredible, Aladdin...)

Sure, I can look into it. 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:53 PM, AmperZand said:

Thank you for another fantastic review and set of pictures! A LEGO minifigure series just isn't a LEGO minifigure series until WhiteFang has reviewed it. Please thank Mrs WhiteFang for giving you the time to do this.

In response to your surprise that the shark army angler is a woman, it may be a reference to the fact that in real life some species of angler fish are extremely sexually dimorphic with females vastly larger than males. I believe there are some in which the comparatively tiny male's body permanently fuses to that of the female, becoming a symbiont. 

Not mentioned, but I did think it!

I'm considering two possibilities (and may do both):

• Placing a plain black or clear minifigure head inside the angler headpiece and using the assembly as a standalone angler, and/or
  • Using the angler headpiece on a black or sand green minifigure head attached to the CMF series 10 medusa's torso assembly and series 7 ocean king's tail. 

Thanks AmperZand, I have conveyed your thoughts to 'Mrs WhiteFang'. :sweet: 

Yes, you are right on the actual gender of the Angler. I look forward to see you experiment with those 2 possibilities. Not sure if I am able to do it for myself too. 

20 hours ago, Holodoc said:

It doesn't make me change my mind, though. :tongue:
Since TLC decided to raise the price once again, I will pass on any uninteresting minifig and this series is crowded with them.
3,99€ is clearly over my personal limit I want to pay for just one minifig. Hear that, TLC? Booooo! :damn:

The increase in price did leave a sour taste in my mouth. It's quite unfortunate indeed. I will miss the old pricing. 

10 hours ago, alex54 said:

Whitefang, do you have the Harry Potter shark head, it's missing on your shark family picture :wink:

Great to see you Alex buddy! I knew you will be excited over these new accessories. It has been a long while since I last saw you around. By the way, I do not have the Harry Potter shark head. I am missing that and during that time, I did not manage to buy those HP sets. 

What does achieving 3 full sets of figures in a box mean in terms of what's rare and what isn't? Will we have to wait and see to find out what figures are harder to get than others?
Or does getting 3 full sets in a box mean that we should expect even distributions of most figures?

Edited by gamejutzu

They will be evenly distributed at the start, as there is an equal number of each figure.  After people start picking out their favorites, the distribution will shift, and the most popular ones will be slightly more rare because of it.