Very interesting build Paul:thumbup:

I like the lines, it looks solid and the gearbox is certainly intriguing. And I like the colour coding for the functions :wink:

Did you paint the 3x13 curved panels? Or do you have a secret stash of 42070's? :tongue:

Building a modular chassis is something I've attempted a few times, but never succeeded at in such a clean way. And darn, you beat me to using the bent panels as a straight continuation of the curved 5x7 panels :hmpf_bad:

I am looking forward to the video with the mechanical functions.

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

You're right. I almost forgot about Jeroen's DB11. I think because it's of a level I still find hard to grasp :wink:.

Are these tan pins in the upper wishbones of the front module 3/4 pins or 3L pins?

They are the 3/4 type pins. I would be much too scared to flex the part and try and fit two 3L ones in there...

800x538.jpg

4 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

And darn, you beat me to using the bent panels as a straight continuation of the curved 5x7 panels :hmpf_bad:

Oh, I am sure that I am not to first person to come up with that combo.. :classic: I was really surprised that they lined up the way that they did and while my original intent was doing the front of the model differently, I felt that I had to try and get a nice sloping front end curve using them.. I think this was the first  time that I had ever used them in a model.. I did also recently use them in the body of a little Technic crow that I built for display... :laugh:

800x760.jpg

16 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

800x760.jpg

This thing is wicked cool and not to pull off topic but do you have a file for download for this?

-Tass

Nice curves! I like the colour coding underneath making it easier to understand the functions!

2 hours ago, TassemetZateki said:

This thing is wicked cool and not to pull off topic but do you have a file for download for this?

-Tass

Sweet bird

21 hours ago, TassemetZateki said:

-Tass

I am going to get pics and vid of the car/chassis tomorrow, and I'll take the bird with me and break it down and get pics of it.. Should be easy to replicate.. I'll post a link for the pics in this thread or PM them to you..

Fantastic car Paul.

Really great use of the new panels in the front. 

Making it modular really shows how good of a builder you are.

Really like the color vomit. ;-)

I probably missed it somewhere, but how many parts does it have?

Will you make instructions?

Here is the video of all of the inner working mechanisms along with the Hand of God shifting system... There is also a part that shows the full assembly of the 5 modules that make up the chassis..

Wow, the modularity is fascinating:wub:

And so is the whole car! This is what an official TLG supercar should be like. 

I guess any other rims are to small for this beast, right?

On 7/20/2017 at 4:15 PM, TassemetZateki said:

-Tass

I took some pics yesterday of the little fellow all broken down.. :thumbup:

http://bricksafe.com/pages/Crowkillers/technic-crow

5 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

I guess any other rims are to small for this beast, right?

Yes, the 1:10 scale wheels would probably be too small..

Quite off the topic, but I wonder why you came up with the name 'crowkiller':sweet:

Wow Paul. The engineering behind that modular chassis and how it works is simply amazing. I also like the song choices in the video. Kill Bill - Phantom of the Opera - Back Street Boys :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The modular design is quite impressive!  I don't recall seeing a MOC which had so many modules so easily installed.  Functionality is also excellent and seems to work flawlessly.

23 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

Here is the video of all of the inner working mechanisms along with the Hand of God shifting system... There is also a part that shows the full assembly of the 5 modules that make up the chassis..

The modular setup is amazing! I took a good look at the HoG shifting mechanism. If I'm correct it's a variation on the symbiotic combination of a planetary knob wheel shifter and a #2-connector-based 90-degree limiter, something we've seen in other MOC's too, as well as the separate shifters for up and down shifting (@brunojj1's manual chassis for his MOC-6688 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 DTM). Nevertheless, you're implementation looks very neat and rock-solid :thumbup:!

Wow! What a design! Loke the rear lights! Nice desicions and engineering!

20 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

Yes, the 1:10 scale wheels would probably be too small..

But I guess we can take wheels from 42000 set or Sheepo's mustang?

Or the rims themselves are too small?

59 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It's hard to replace the Porsche wheels because they're deeper than the standard wheels... I wonder if the 8448 wheels fit though. 

Hmm, It seems U R right about the wheels depth.

5 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

The modular setup is amazing! I took a good look at the HoG shifting mechanism. If I'm correct it's a variation on the symbiotic combination of a planetary knob wheel shifter and a #2-connector-based 90-degree limiter, something we've seen in other MOC's too, as well as the separate shifters for up and down shifting (@brunojj1's manual chassis for his MOC-6688 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 DTM). Nevertheless, you're implementation looks very neat and rock-solid :thumbup:!

Yes, it turns basically the same way as the 42056 does.. It works pretty much like every other system.. The buttons are the the only real unique part of the module, in fact, these were what brought this idea to a halt(then moved on to the Scoirpion chassis) last year because I could not figure out how to get them to work properly and I wanted the shifter to be it's own unit so the chassis would be modular.. I had posted about the idea of doing a push button HOG system a couple years ago in the "What function doe a supercar need?" thread.. I have no idea how brunojj did the HOG shifting in his car... I've seen his video of it, but it's difficult to really tell what is happening because everything is covered up... I am sure his switchers are designed completely different...

Edited by Paul Boratko

17 hours ago, technic_addict said:

The modular design is quite impressive!  I don't recall seeing a MOC which had so many modules so easily installed. 

well i know one, exactly one - but i have to admit, that Pauls new Outlaw could be on par  with the following one concerning modularity, something i thought it would never happen ... ;-)

concept_car_-_main_modules.jpg

But IMHO it is a honor for each lego builder building something on par with one of the most talented ever (IMHO), N. Kuipers... therefore kudos Paul, awesome model your Outlaw.

But may i express one criticism? Yout HoG shifter is pretty cool but i'm a little disappointed that there is no gear-stick between the seats - the current one is just a DNR switcher - but how should the driver switch the forward gears from the natural place for this job, the driver seat? Well, your HoG steering is also just an ADDITION to the working steering wheel inside the car - so where is the gearstick inside the car? Or should the whole concept simulate a full automatic gearbox?

But apart from that: awesome supercar!

On 8/6/2015 at 9:16 AM, D3K said:

Oops, wrong button.

Edited by Aventador2004

18 minutes ago, Kumbbl said:

But IMHO it is a honor for each lego builder building something on par with one of the most talented ever (IMHO), N. Kuipers... therefore kudos Paul, awesome model your Outlaw.

But may i express one criticism? Yout HoG shifter is pretty cool but i'm a little disappointed that there is no gear-stick between the seats - the current one is just a DNR switcher - but how should the driver switch the forward gears from the natural place for this job, the driver seat? Well, your HoG steering is also just an ADDITION to the working steering wheel inside the car - so where is the gearstick inside the car? Or should the whole concept simulate a full automatic gearbox?

But apart from that: awesome supercar!

Yes, mainly as a simulator that is easy to play with along with also making it very easy to see the current gear that you are in..  One complaint that I had received many times by people that had built my models was that shifting was frustrating because the shifter was hard to get at, so I wanted to do something different.. This new R-N-D center stick isn't too difficult to position because it just moves forward and backwards..

Edited by Paul Boratko

thanks for  fast reply Paul - maybe i have not expressed good enough what i had in mind... for me the best would be to have a working gearstick for switching gears + a DNR-shifter (maybe combined into one stick) PLUS a nifty HoG-shifter ... so the same principle as for steering: working "inhouse" operating stuff (the steering wheel rsp gearstickl) plus the HoG stuff...