Rick

2018 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Discuss rumours regarding 2018 Speed Champions sets in this topic. No wish lists or "what I would like to see" please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wait a minute, who confirmed Speed Champions for 2018? :oh3:

I don't think it's been confirmed but somebody asked for this topic so it was made, I know this because I was in the conversation. It's doing really well with the McLaren Promotion and all, it probably have a 2018 wave, I honestly don't see anything stopping it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I don't think it's been confirmed but somebody asked for this topic so it was made, I know this because I was in the conversation. It's doing really well with the McLaren Promotion and all, it probably have a 2018 wave, I honestly don't see anything stopping it.

So if we hear from verifiable sources that Speed Champions year four isn't happening, @Rick will just lock this thread, right?

I do hope it's happening. :purrr:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So if we hear from verifiable sources that Speed Champions year four isn't happening, @Rick will just lock this thread, right?

I do hope it's happening. :purrr:

Exactly right, but I do hope it's happening, I love this year's vehicles the most so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sir von Lego If you have anything please tell us. Honestly I do feel sorry for you getting tagged so much though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will get Speed Champions:

75889 big set

75888 medium set

4x 14.99 EUR set: 75884-75887

we will see 2 sets for Porsche, 2 for Ferrari and 2 for Ford. No pictures shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great  news. It's Speed Champions that got me back into designing buildings and vehicles, to supplement this great theme. 😃

Edited by AllanSmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Another 7-8 cars to add to the collection! Still have to pick up this year's mclaren and Ferrari sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! :thumbup: :grin:

I do wonder though what possible cars are going to be done for Ford? As far as sport cars go, the Mustang and the GT are the only current models that fit under that category. Now I guess trucks are also an option again, just like the Raptor set we got with the hot rod in 2016.

Any ideas? :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Great news! :thumbup: :grin:

I do wonder though what possible cars are going to be done for Ford? As far as sport cars go, the Mustang and the GT are the only current models that fit under that category. Now I guess trucks are also an option again, just like the Raptor set we got with the hot rod in 2016.

Any ideas? :shrug_confused:

Hoonicorn maybe? Or how about a Fusion NASCAR? NASCAR needs to happen in the SC line. But only if Chevrolet gets another set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Hoonicorn maybe? Or how about a Fusion NASCAR? NASCAR needs to happen in the SC line. But only if Chevrolet gets another set.

NASCAR stockcars could be possible, but wouldn't TLG need to acquire a license for NASCAR? I'm pretty sure it is brand in itself.

Speaking of Chevy, if the Speed Champions theme sticks around until then, perhaps we will see a set of the mid engined C8 Corvette just around the corner. You know how long people have been waiting for a mid engined Vette?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32454/mid-engine-corvette-spy-photos/

c8mid-engg09kgped.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2017 at 8:23 PM, Sir von Lego said:

We will get Speed Champions:

75889 big set

75888 medium set

4x 14.99 EUR set: 75884-75887

we will see 2 sets for Porsche, 2 for Ferrari and 2 for Ford. No pictures shown.

Interesting to see Porsche back in the theme. I mean, the Speed Champions range has already covered the main bases of Porsche's line-up. 918, 911, 919 Hybrid. What else is there to make into SC sets? Maybe the new 911 GT2 RS that was recently revealed? If so, what would the second set be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys might find this interesting. I think the 2017 Ford GT Road Car will be among the 2018 SC range because of this video from last month's Goodwood Festival Of Speed. Take a look.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

You guys might find this interesting. I think the 2017 Ford GT Road Car will be among the 2018 SC range because of this video from last month's Goodwood Festival Of Speed. Take a look.....

 

Without a doubt, we are looking at one of 2018's SC sets, since after all, that couldn't be a custom build with that original printed canopy. I only wonder if it will be a standalone $15 set or belonging to something larger; but come to think of it, why would they give us a second $30 GT race set after this year's one?

Well, having said all that, it looks like a pretty well done build, though I would have preferred it in some other color than yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Without a doubt, we are looking at one of 2018's SC sets, since after all, that couldn't be a custom build with that original printed canopy. I only wonder if it will be a standalone $15 set or belonging to something larger; but come to think of it, why would they give us a second $30 GT race set after this year's one?

Well, having said all that, it looks like a pretty well done build, though I would have preferred it in some other color than yellow.

I'd say it'll be a $15 (£13 for me) set. I wonder what trackside accessory it'll come with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

I'd say it'll be a $15 (£13 for me) set. I wonder what trackside accessory it'll come with?

Maybe some kind of timer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Perry said:

I predict some kind of Aston Martin vehicle.

Well, certainly not for 2018, since @Sir von Lego has said we would be getting two Fords, two Ferraris, and two Porsches for that year. But hey, perhaps we will get a single summer set like we did with the McLaren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Perry said:

I predict some kind of Aston Martin vehicle.

Aston Martin sounds like a good candidate for the Speed Champions range. But not in 2018. Maybe later on because they'll be releasing a couple of new supercars in the next few years. One in 2019. The other probably in 2021. But other than them, we have the Vulcan and the Vantage GTE Race Car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, certainly not for 2018, since @Sir von Lego has said we would be getting two Fords, two Ferraris, and two Porsches for that year. But hey, perhaps we will get a single summer set like we did with the McLaren.

Yep, makes sense. Now I am not so confident as to whether or not if this summer set will be an Aston Martin or not. I kinda wish they made an Aston Martin in the first place. Now I will predict that an Aston Martin would probably come out somewhere in 2019-2024. Probably a DB9 would be a good candidate.

I have full faith in Lego though. Maybe a Bentley or Lamborghini would be another good candidate.

Edited by Perry
Needed to quote more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Perry said:

Yep, makes sense. Now I am not so confident as to whether or not if this summer set will be an Aston Martin or not. I kinda wish they made an Aston Martin in the first place. Now I will predict that an Aston Martin would probably come out somewhere in 2019-2024. Probably a DB9 would be a good candidate.

I have full faith in Lego though. Maybe a Bentley or Lamborghini would be another good candidate.

Being subsidiaries of Volkswagen AG, Lamborghini and Bentley are both possible for Lego, but I think Bentley may be a bit too stuffy for the theme.

Now as far as Aston Martin goes, it is a privately owned company, though Mercedes has a five percent stake in it thanks to their engine development partnership. Now I can't remember where I have read this, but an Aston Martin DB5 was up for consideration back in 2008 by Lego as a model that was to be voted for by fans against a 1964 Mustang, a VW Beetle, and some other car. The majority of fans voted for the Beetle, so we got 10187 Volkswagen Beetle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first i was sad that still no JDM but i guess that is better. It means I can design more of them! I hope for a Ford Fiesta or an old school Mustang from the two fords

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.