Rick

2018 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

A picture of the Ford Fiesta WRC (75885) leaked on reddit. Though it has stickers on more surfaces than I care to count, there is so much shaping with all types of different small modified tiles that they could be left of! What's very exciting: a new addition to the tile assortment: 2x2 45 degree triangle, in black and in dark blue! 

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

A picture of the Ford Fiesta WRC (75885) leaked on reddit. Though it has stickers on more surfaces than I care to count, there is so much shaping with all types of different small modified tiles that they could be left of! What's very exciting: a new addition to the tile assortment: 2x2 45 degree triangle, in black and in dark blue! 

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/7kzddr/new_speed_champions_set/

and if you look on either side of the grille it looks like we will be getting it in White as well. 

Edited by CaptvirgilHilts
replaced photo with link

I'm not in WRC, but this looks like an interesting build with lots of SNOTwork and new parts and colors. I can see...

- New 2x2 triangle tiles in white, black and dblue

- New in dblue: fenders, 1x2x2/3 curved slopes with cutoff corner

- New in white: wheel covers

And there might be more as the back of the car isn't visible. Not too bad for a small SC set!

Edited by bricknerd

9 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Race cars are suppose to have stickers!!!

On 12/16/2017 at 4:56 PM, vectormatic said:

That is because this years F1 cars were revealed in ~february, that is not enough lead time to release sets on march 1st, and F1 cars are kept very very secret for competitive reasons

The 720s was another case, obviously lego had inside knowledge before the reveal, considering the lego set dropped right after

Plus, the F1 2017 rule changes would mean that besides the nose and front wing (which an MOC job can do a superb job of...), other bits like the tires, rear wing and engine cover [MOST especially the one with the sharkfin and extra mid-wing] would be difficult to do accurately...

12 minutes ago, captainDC99 said:

As I consider, new SC sets release will be after the 1 of January.. Could you consult me?)

Sadly not, they'll be on sale in March like the previous SC waves were.

28 minutes ago, RacerRabbit said:

Sadly not, they'll be on sale in March like the previous SC waves were.

I know that. I am asking about the images of new SC sets. Will they be this year? For instance, on the previous year, the images of new sets were shown a bit earlier.

Just now, captainDC99 said:

I know that. I am asking about the images of new SC sets. Will they be this year? For instance, on the previous year, the images of new sets were shown a bit earlier.

Oh right. That I don't know. The Fiesta is the only one leaked so far. I'm still waiting (impatiently I admit.) on the rest of them showing up.

27 minutes ago, RacerRabbit said:

Oh right. That I don't know. The Fiesta is the only one leaked so far. I'm still waiting (impatiently I admit.) on the rest of them showing up.

I even signed up on this site to ask this question) I can not keep up with my expectancy)

3 hours ago, captainDC99 said:

Actually if you go back to previous years leaks normally they come at the very end of December which makes the ones so far actually earlier. 

One of my favourite things with the Speed Champions stuff is to remix them into different vehicles and the Fiesta I think is the perfect size and colour scheme to remix into Scott Speed's RallyCross Beetle.

Image result for scott speed beetle

I have a very good feeling that the 911 Turbo in the small playset will be old as the title says it's the 911 Turbo 3.0 and when I punched that into Google Images, the whole page was absoloutely flooded with 80's era 911 Turbos. I just wonder how it will compare with the RUF CTR Yellowbird I made last year: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/437101

EDIT: I also wonder if it'll come with some Lego Fuchs alloys too....

Edited by RacerRabbit

20 hours ago, jackubrick said:

These are very likely the confirmed releases for 2018 with prices (in SEK). Unfortunately without photos...

Source: https://new.webhallen.com/se/category/4037-LEGO-Speed-Champions

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 18.37.11.png

Thanks a lot) Now I know exactly, how much days is left) 

18 hours ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Actually if you go back to previous years leaks normally they come at the very end of December which makes the ones so far actually earlier. 

One of my favourite things with the Speed Champions stuff is to remix them into different vehicles and the Fiesta I think is the perfect size and colour scheme to remix into Scott Speed's RallyCross Beetle.

Image result for scott speed beetle

I agree with you, perhaps there is one irritating thing - they produce a better part of Ferrari both Porsche and Ford. How happy I was on the previous year, when I heard about the Mercedes and Bugatti release.

On 12/21/2017 at 4:20 PM, RacerRabbit said:

I have a very good feeling that the 911 Turbo in the small playset will be old as the title says it's the 911 Turbo 3.0 and when I punched that into Google Images, the whole page was absoloutely flooded with 80's era 911 Turbos.

Yeah, Porsche 911 Turbo is the marketing name of the Porsche 930, which was produced from '75 - '89

If we are really getting a mustang, I hope the lights are brick built, if you look at the lights on a real mustang Lego could use 1x1 round tiles for lights.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

If we are really getting a mustang, I hope the lights are brick built, if you look at the lights on a real mustang Lego could use 1x1 round tiles for lights.

The only thing I don't like about the Speed Champions line (besides the lack of manufacturer diversity) is how over-reliant they are on stickers. There are several models I've modded to brick-build the headlights, and they look a lot better, but the worst offender has to be the 2016 Camaro from 75874, which sticker-prints the exhaust.

5a3fc1ca76b89_ScreenShot2017-12-24at9_52_55AM.png.bd1fbe9e69d9827e225e70c6586ac0b4.png

LEGO--YOU *MAKE* AN EXHAUST PIPE PIECE!!!

Edited by OpenBagTwo
Link to Lego

42 minutes ago, wilson3a10 said:

Is that the 1980 Ferrari 312T5?

hL1t9Rw.jpg

YCcu0wD.png

HocPE6S.jpg

Eh? Is there a classic F1 car in the Ultimate Garage set?

2 hours ago, OpenBagTwo said:

The only thing I don't like about the Speed Champions line (besides the lack of manufacturer diversity) is how over-reliant they are on stickers. There are several models I've modded to brick-build the headlights, and they look a lot better, but the worst offender has to be the 2016 Camaro from 75874, which sticker-prints the exhaust.

5a3fc1ca76b89_ScreenShot2017-12-24at9_52_55AM.png.bd1fbe9e69d9827e225e70c6586ac0b4.png

LEGO--YOU *MAKE* AN EXHAUST PIPE PIECE!!!

I love the McLaren and the Mercedes £12.99 sets this year because of the brick built lights. It's always Ford thats the worst offender, I understand if you have no other option but the mustang fastback should be easy to incorporate headlights into.

Edited by J4ck

12 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Eh? Is there a classic F1 car in the Ultimate Garage set?

There are 3 cars in that set. And i guess that F1 is either a 312T4 or T5. Not sure. The image i get is not clear.

4 hours ago, wilson3a10 said:

There are 3 cars in that set. And i guess that F1 is either a 312T4 or T5. Not sure. The image i get is not clear.

Can you link me to this image?

20 hours ago, wilson3a10 said:

Is that the 1980 Ferrari 312T5?

HocPE6S.jpg

That is the wrong 488, this is the GTE (Run by AF corse in WEC), not the GT3

6 hours ago, wilson3a10 said:

Could it also be a T2? For me personally the T2 is much more iconic due to the lauda/hunt episode