Rick

2018 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, FerRory said:

@McLaren97 currently we only have 6 sets for 2018, maybe we get the McLaren Senna during the LEGO summer release. Normally there are I believe 7 sets a year.

Just saw that The Brick Fan posted the names of the Speed Champions sets which Azani mentioned. The Brick Fan is referring to EuroBricks so they don't have another source.

Even I did not post the names on my blog. Hopefully soon another photo leaks and we can say with more certainty  the list is correct.

I checked The Brick Fan and couldn't find anything. @Azani, are you absoloutely sure that's the real list? No Ford GT road car?

11 hours ago, FerRory said:

I am not convinced this is the correct list. We already got the Porsche 919 Hybrid, which was part of 75876-1: Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane. Anybody an idea why we will have two Porsche 919 Hybrid. Also the original rumors were that we would get 3 Ferrari's in set 75889.

@AllanSmithI would love to see your Speed Champions layout to get some inspiration for my future layout.

Same with the Ford Hoonicorn.

On 11/08/2017 at 4:43 AM, madejp86 said:

I am assuming this will be one of the fords:

Hi guys,

The list is pulled from a few online retail sites; yes, excepting the wording of 75889, I am certain that they are correct.To be honest, I'm not a Speed Champions fan and I'm not a car expert. That said, I will tell you that I reported the names as best as I could.

I'll be following the thread in case anything comes up. Thanks!

Edited by Azani

4 hours ago, Azani said:

Hi guys,

The list is pulled from a few online retail sites; yes, excepting the wording of 75889, I am certain that they are correct.To be honest, I'm not a Speed Champions fan and I'm not a car expert. That said, I will tell you that I reported the names as best as I could.

I'll be following the thread in case anything comes up. Thanks!

Can you share the online retail store?

2 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Then how do we know you're right?

lets assume its fake, the line up he posted has some illogical choices in it, he is new and has no track record, and he wont share his source, which according to him should be publicly available online

i could make a new account a post a made up setlist with just as much evidence in five minutes

1 minute ago, vectormatic said:

lets assume its fake, the line up he posted has some illogical choices in it, he is new and has no track record, and he wont share his source, which according to him should be publicly available online

i could make a new account a post a made up setlist with just as much evidence in five minutes

I would say go for it!

I had totally forgot about that yellow Ford GT road car until it was brought up again. If this list is correct, perhaps the GT will instead be a single summer release, much like last year's McLaren? 

18 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I had totally forgot about that yellow Ford GT road car until it was brought up again. If this list is correct, perhaps the GT will instead be a single summer release, much like last year's McLaren? 

the only reason for the 720s being delayed was that the actual car wasnt presented to the world before the normal sc launch moment, it makes 0 sense to repeat that with an already known car

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

53 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

the only reason for the 720s being delayed was that the actual car wasnt presented to the world before the normal sc launch moment, it makes 0 sense to repeat that with an already known car

That's right, plus, there are only supposed to be 4 stand alone car sets in each SC wave. I have a feeling that the 720S was a one shot deal, meaning that there probably won't be a summer release every year. If that were to happen next year, it'll be the mid size playset. The one that's usually £40-£45.

40 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

THe set names of the website.

1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Ferrari 488 GT3 Scuderia Corsa
Ferrari Ultimative Garage
Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC
Porsche 911 RSR und 911 Turbo 3.0
Porsche 919 Hybrid

I also asked a Dutch retailer (which answered at the same time as K_Tiger) and he saw already the sets and he said it seemed correct.

I am not so happy with two 488s...

On 12/12/2017 at 6:51 PM, Azani said:

75889 - Ferrari Garage 250 GTO, 488 GT

The 488 would make sense to be the new 488 GTO. That would actually be a great "then and now" set, though for $100, that'll need to be one amazing garage. I agree with others who've said it would be weird to have two 488 variants in one year.

Edit: In fact, given the name "Ultimate Garage" I'm doubling down on my "Greatest F1 Ferraris" prediction.

Edited by OpenBagTwo

Hmm, they look different because of the rear wing. But the 488 is no match for the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Most likely I will buy them both. Actually I think I will buy them all.

Edited by FerRory

Well, in that case i can say im happy to get the 919H in a non-burdened-with-sidebuilds set, the 911s are a sure buy as well as long as its the $40 set and not the $55 set, the fords are lower on the list, but will get bought as well, although after the Ferraris/Porsches

As for the Ferraris, i wonder how much the 488gt3 and 458GT2 from the first wave will differ, and i would hope the ultimate garage has more to offer then a 488GTO, id kill for a 288GTO, but i doubt thatll happen

I'm hoping this possible new 919 has something approaching long/low/mid-engined prototype proportions. The 919 in the Porsche set from 75876 really didn't capture the prototype look at all, imo. The R18 was passably better with the windscreen forward a stud closer to the front axle, but they both look like they still needed another stud of wheelbase and lower heights. We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

Oh that's interesting... not my source, but a nice one regardless. Hopefully they'll consider posting those at some point in the future.

Hey, thank you to everyone who believed my list. :)

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Oh that's interesting... not my source, but a nice one regardless. Hopefully they'll consider posting those at some point in the future.

Thanks for posting the list in response to my question. I believed it. A few years ago a very friendly toy shop would give me a copy of an Excel spreadsheet used for ordering all the sets for the next year. I used to list the sets on different forums here, but could not reveal my source. ?

11 hours ago, Azani said:

I didn't want to believe your list simply because it meant my niche automotive needs aren't gonna be met this year. :laugh:

11 hours ago, Azani said:

Sorry for not believing, but I wanted some different cars :laugh: Also I am a little bit disappointed we only get 2 cars in the big Ferrari set.