Rick

2018 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

10 hours ago, Azani said:

I'm pretty new to this subforum, but I can confirm that it's a Fiesta.

75885 is "Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC".

Do you have official names for the rest of the 2018 sets?

Lego Elves are hitting shelves 1st March. What's this got to do with Speed Champions you ask? Pictures of the Elves sets have been released therefore we should get pictures of Speed Champions very soon!

On 12/11/2017 at 12:11 PM, AllanSmith said:

Do you have official names for the rest of the 2018 sets?

I do, yeah.

75884 - 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback

75885 - Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC

75886 - Ferrari 488 GT3 "Scuderia Corsa"

75887 - Porsche 919 Hybrid

75888 - Porsche 911 RSR + 911 Turbo

75889 - Ferrari Garage 250 GTO, 488 GT

Not sure on the exact name of the last one - I think that it's that but the wording may be a bit off. 

Hope that helps.

Ok, setup an account just to reply. I’m only into the LEGO champions series and now that this list and spy shot appeared my concerns are gone. The shop seems inspired by one of the LEGO ideas kits, that looks amazing. But I’m really curious how they are going to update the RSR and 488 GT3... no F1 is a bit surprising. Is there anyplace else online that talks about this series of legos and leaks?

Just now, Lawndart said:

Ok, setup an account just to reply. I’m only into the LEGO champions series and now that this list and spy shot appeared my concerns are gone. The shop seems inspired by one of the LEGO ideas kits, that looks amazing. But I’m really curious how they are going to update the RSR and 488 GT3... no F1 is a bit surprising. Is there anyplace else online that talks about this series of legos and leaks?

Welcome to the site, man! As far as additional information or discussion is concerned, you can check out r/lego or the Brickset Forums as well. My list is pulled from personal sources that I have; to my knowledge, it's new info, though I welcome corrections. :)

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Welcome to the site, man! As far as additional information or discussion is concerned, you can check out r/lego or the Brickset Forums as well. My list is pulled from personal sources that I have; to my knowledge, it's new info, though I welcome corrections. :)

Thanks! Super happy to be learning of these from you! 

2 hours ago, Azani said:

The '68 Fastback and 250 GTO sound cool! Hopefully Lego will both do them justice! :classic:

1968_Ford_Mustang_GT_Fastback_390_Bullit1f33feba8c88b48e6d6394dd364f3275.jpg

If the 250 is anything like the moc on LEGO ideas it will be pretty awesome. They did a fantastic job on the 918, they know how to find a few of those iconic lines with bricks :) 

I was hoping for the Hoonicorn, but a 1968 Mustang fastback sounds interesting, too. Same for the 250GTO. Hope they reach the bar that this year's GT40 has set in terms of model quality and building techniques.

To be honest I find the rest of the 2018 line up a bit disappointing, especially compared to the broad diversity of the 2017 models. Hopefully it'll at least get us new parts/colors, like the SC fenders in dblue or dgreen, or the cutoff 1x2 curved slopes in grey.

8 minutes ago, bricknerd said:

I was hoping for the Hoonicorn, but a 1968 Mustang fastback sounds interesting, too. Same for the 250GTO. Hope they reach the bar that this year's GT40 has set in terms of model quality and building techniques.

To be honest I find the rest of the 2018 line up a bit disappointing, especially compared to the broad diversity of the 2017 models. Hopefully it'll at least get us new parts/colors, like the SC fenders in dblue or dgreen, or the cutoff 1x2 curved slopes in grey.

I have a feeling the hoonicorn will be a bonus set (like the mclaren last summer) and will be released this summer, it would explain the post on Instagram.

On 7/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, RacerRabbit said:

You guys might find this interesting. I think the 2017 Ford GT Road Car will be among the 2018 SC range because of this video from last month's Goodwood Festival Of Speed. Take a look.....

So how come this isn't happening? It was uploaded earlier this year!?

Edited by SDRFormula1

9 hours ago, Azani said:

I do, yeah.

75885 - Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC

75886 - Ferrari 488 GT3 "Scuderia Corsa"

75887 - Porsche 919 Hybrid

75888 - Porsche 911 RSR + 911 Turbo

Not sure on the exact name of the last one - I think that it's that but the wording may be a bit off. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks. It's great to see road going cars and road based racing cars. They will go nicely on my Speed Champions layout. I am not a fan of F1 in this theme so don't miss not seeing them in the list. I have owned real Ford's in the past. And always dreamed of owning a real Ferrari or Porsche.?

I am not convinced this is the correct list. We already got the Porsche 919 Hybrid, which was part of 75876-1: Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane. Anybody an idea why we will have two Porsche 919 Hybrid. Also the original rumors were that we would get 3 Ferrari's in set 75889.

@AllanSmithI would love to see your Speed Champions layout to get some inspiration for my future layout.

Edited by FerRory

34 minutes ago, FerRory said:

I am not convinced this is the correct list. We already got the Porsche 919 Hybrid, which was part of 75876-1: Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane. Anybody an idea why we will have two Porsche 919 Hybrid. Also the original rumors were that we would get 3 Ferrari's in set 75889.

@AllanSmithI would love to see your Speed Champions layout to get some inspiration for my future layout.

I'm not convinced either. I mean, that Ford GT road car from the video I shared earlier in this thread looks pretty much ready for shelves. It has a few pieces never before seen in yellow, new stickers and a new printed windscreen piece. They can't not release that. Plus, the 911 RSR with the 911 Turbo? A road car and race car in one set? Really? I'm certain that the 2 car Porsche set will have the 2017 919 Hybrid (which has a different livery to the 919 we had previously.) with something like the 956 or 962. And the Ferrari set is said to have three cars. That possibly fake list only lists 2 Ferraris in that set.

i dont see 2 488s happening either, even if one is the road car and the other a gt3, and hiding a 250gto in the most expensive set is a bit annoying for those only into cars, especially if the second car would be just a small mod from the 488 gt3

as for the porsches, the 919 and 911 rsr had a pretty huge livery change, so that would set them apart from the wave 1 and 2 cars, if this rumour is indeed true

edit: im digging the fiesta though, it looks a tad small compared to other sc sets, so im curious how the part count pans out, but its cool to see a hatchback in the sc lineup

Edited by vectormatic

Yeah. It's also strange that there's no F1 or any open-wheeled Motorsport in there. even with the 2017 aesthetic changes. I mean, it's very possible to do!

I just found this on DriveTribe. By Jay Speedbird.

Lego 1.jpg

its a nice build, but has no relevance here

as for no open wheelers in the wave, wave 2 had no open wheelers either, and the fiesta at least covers wrc, a new class for the theme, and im sure there will be some gt3/gte/lmp or f1 in there

It will be interesting how the ford fiesta WRC turns out, since it is a lot smaller than the other cars that are released in this line. It's a bit disappointing that we get another Porsche 919 Hybrid, considering we got 1 only a few years ago. I was hoping that they would release the new McLaren Seena?

images (2).jpeg

@McLaren97 currently we only have 6 sets for 2018, maybe we get the McLaren Senna during the LEGO summer release. Normally there are I believe 7 sets a year.

Just saw that The Brick Fan posted the names of the Speed Champions sets which Azani mentioned. The Brick Fan is referring to EuroBricks so they don't have another source.

Even I did not post the names on my blog. Hopefully soon another photo leaks and we can say with more certainty  the list is correct.