Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

As the deadline for football tournament entries is in its final hours, another mini-challenge begins. It's time for Oktoberfest!

Aaarrr!!! Everyone :pir-triumph:  I am trying to figure out how the game works and read through all the threads but still have some noob questions. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread.)

Does every player need a ship?

What is a ship needed for?

What does MRCA mean?

How new settlements are founded?

Can ships get sunk (by others)? Can settlements get destroyed (by others)?

This is just the place for such questions :pir-huzzah2:

Not everyone needs a ship, but every new player gets a free class one or class two, to get started in the MRCA.

Ships can be used in the MRCA, which is the sea based trading and combat game mechanic, where players, factions, and NPCs send out their ships in the world to trade, privateer, engage in piracy, or go to war. Your faction will help you with the details. If you want your ship to be part of the economic game, and have an impact outside of storytelling, this is where you go.

Settlements are generally founded in coordination with your faction. You can technically create a squatter settlement anywhere, but without support, it may well be taken over by someone at some point.

Ships used in the MRCA can get sunk, either by pirates, enemies, or the weather. You can also have ships that are not part of the MRCA, but they cannot generate funds etc.

Settlements can technically get destroyed or captured, but it is a very rare case, at least as long as you are not at war.

There is a nice little starter guide that I will try to find a link to. I would suggest looking into joining Oleon (bluecoats), Eslandola (Green coats), or Sea rats, as Corrington is currently the most populated faction. You get more chance to have an impact in the other factions.

Here you go:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks guys! I am already on the discord and read through all the threads mentioned (multiple times :pir_laugh2: )

I would like to join Eslandola but have not the parts to build a ship, so for now i would like to stick to buildings. Will post my sigfig :pir-yoda: in the next days (edit: or week) in the Eslandola thread.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Thanks guys! I am already on the discord and read through all the threads mentioned (multiple times :pir_laugh2: )

I would like to join Eslandola but have not the parts to build a ship, so for now i would like to stick to buildings. Will post my sigfig :pir-yoda: in the next days in the Eslandola thread.

Awesome, we'd be glad to have you (in the greatest and richest and all-around most awesome faction of all! :pir-huzzah2:)! :pir-grin:  And that's no problem, we have several other builders here that are lubbers definitely mostly build land stuff!  Without those there'd be nowhere to sail to! :pir_laugh2:

We'll make sure to get you into our group chat once you've officially joined, looking forward to your sigfig and story! 

Dear all,

The court has now started a process (spearheaded by @Garmadon, @Ayrlego, @evancelt, and myself) to automate the EGS and MRCA. We will not make any promises as to delivery, as IT projects tend to, well... get a bit long winded.

However, since we are 3 people very good at not doing any actual technical work, and then @evancelt, we would like to ask whether anyone has the skills and time to assist in the actual development work. As per Evan, the skills needed are:

Regarding developer skills, I think WordPress development in PHP and JavaScript would be great, added bonus for Gravity Forms programming experience. I hope to make it pretty easy to work with through the admin GUI, though.

If anyone is interested and able, please respond here. If we have no luck, I am sure we will manage anyway, although perhaps a bit slower :pir-wink:

Don't forget there's a week to go in the annual Oktoberfest mini-challenge. Plenty of free property license prizes are up for grabs. Get your builds posted soon.

17 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

@Ayrlego can I please get the stats on the ship "Rusty Claw". Quinnsville captured it a while back but I don't have the stats for it.

Thanks!

I happen to know that one. I'll PM you.