Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

2 hours ago, Legonaut said:

I know that there is a free license for (rather) new players. Is it for land properties level 1?

A small property of any type (except fortification and mine) - and I will finally get back to your PM now! :pir-look:

Silly questions incoming...

1. What is up with this years soccer cup? I know I still have to wrap up the 619 one with prices and stuff - I'll get there sooner or later, I promise. @Bodi and/or Oleon would be the next host, any plans already?
  2. To @Capt Wolf: Octoberfest 620, yay or nay?
  3. While it is still a good bit away: anybody up for a Christmas special this year?

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

What is up with this years soccer cup? I know I still have to wrap up the 619 one with prices and stuff - I'll get there sooner or later, I promise. @Bodi and/or Oleon would be the next host, any plans already?

I just expect your teams won't come to Eltina with muskets in their hands.:pir-grin: With what is going on in Terra Versa, it's possible to see our factions opposed to each other, but I reckon a football match would be a good occasion to restore friendly relations after the resolution of this TV affair.

8 minutes ago, Bodi said:

I just expect your teams won't come to Eltina with muskets in their hands.:pir-grin: With what is going on in Terra Versa, it's possible to see our factions opposed to each other, but I reckon a football match would be a good occasion to restore friendly relations after the resolution of this TV affair.

In terms of timing it really depends on how things develop: if Terraversa goes up in flames I have no doubts we will see action until (at least) next year.

However I see no reason why a tournament couldn't be played anyway. The soccer cup was entirely apolitical from the start, and getting folks together despite the ongoing tension/crisis/war would be right in character for it.

In the end it comes down to whether you as a RL person have the time and will to organise and run the thing, and if you think it fits the current narrative of the game. In my opinion it is really up to you.

Just now, Darnok said:

In terms of timing it really depends on how things develop: if Terraversa goes up in flames I have no doubts we will see action until (at least) next year.

However I see no reason why a tournament couldn't be played anyway. The soccer cup was entirely apolitical from the start, and getting folks together despite the ongoing tension/crisis/war would be right in character for it.

In the end it comes down to whether you as a RL person have the time and will to organise and run the thing, and if you think it fits the current narrative of the game. In my opinion it is really up to you.

A tournament in the middle of a conflict could be fun, the game would be intense and explosive, literally. Though let's hope the war won't last so long, if there's any.

7 hours ago, Darnok said:

Octoberfest 620, yay or nay?

I suspect yay, but I may tweak it this year. It might also move to a different settlement. I'm considering options, and suggestions are welcome.

29 minutes ago, Bodi said:

I reckon a football match would be a good occasion

Regardless of politics anywhere in the Brick Seas, I strongly support any effort for the Soccer Cup to be played this year!

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

I suspect yay, but I may tweak it this year. It might also move to a different settlement. I'm considering options, and suggestions are welcome.

Awesome! I'm not sure about the "moving location", since it has been the Weelond Octoberfest from the start - and it would have its fifth anniversary!

Suggestions... hrrhrr, is this a trick question? :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Regardless of politics anywhere in the Brick Seas, I strongly support any effort for the Soccer Cup to be played this year!

Same here. Never a fan of the real version, but I always enjoyed the BotBS incarnation a lot. :pir-classic:

28 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Awesome! I'm not sure about the "moving location", since it has been the Weelond Octoberfest from the start - and it would have its fifth anniversary!

Well, for example, one idea I'm considering is not limiting it to Weelond, but expanding it to any and all MCTC-owned settlements, which would add Salida Este and Chiquita as possible locations. They each have unique architectural aesthetics, which would give players some variety in their building choices

30 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Suggestions... hrrhrr, is this a trick question? :pir-grin:

Not a trick at all. I'm always willing to steal borrow a good idea. :pir-huzzah2: (Official emoticon of Weelond Octoberfest)

8 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I propose to run it in November, as October is reserved to Oktoberfest.

Posted (edited)

Can't go wrong when following tradition! Yay to Octoberfest, yay to Soccer Cup!

Note to self: Now is the time to start looking for those two ceremonial LEGO football balls that I only use for our yearly Soccer cup.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Count me in for both, saw the challenges from previous years and it looks exciting!

It depends on what you build, with some flexibility: if you build the hut in the middle of a cutting wood, you have a plantation; if you have a sawing mill, or several men producing planks in series, you have a factory; if you have a single man building a table, or cutting down a tree, probably you have an artisan

All: Although the MRCA deadline is the 28th, for the account sheets the next sheet will include forms submitted up until the end of the month. So basically if you have a free build to register or a property to license, you have until the end of the 31st. Any forms submitted with a time stamp in July will be included in the next sheet.