Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

The colony of Charlatan Bay is looking for that ever elusive creature: the builder with free time and willing to MOC for a few Dbs. :pir-grin:

We're on the cusp of City status and simply require 3 more factories to hit it, but December is a busy month for the both of us.  So if anyone is interested in building a factory in Lowtown, the colony is offering to reimburse your licensing fee and pay you a 50 Db bonus.  And as always, you are guaranteed ownership in perpetuity because we don't believe in that kind of shenanigans.

If this is something you can help us with, feel free to PM me to discuss further.

A short question concerning mines: at what point/time after a prospecting build is the "result" given to the builder?

Just now, Drunknok said:

A short question concerning mines: at what point/time after a prospecting build is the "result" given to the builder?

It is supposed to be 30 days/a month. However, I am not sure there has been a good system set in place to make sure that gets done. I know last year it could go quite a bit longer. 

22 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I'm super curious too... I want to know what's on my island! :pir-grin:

Also, has anyone made an index of factories? I'm running out of ideas for what goods to produce in factories, because I don't want to repeat any builds. 

15 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Also, has anyone made an index of factories? I'm running out of ideas for what goods to produce in factories, because I don't want to repeat any builds. 

No index, but I would not fear "duplicates". Almost everything can be done in different ways, and even the same production method can be depicted in different ways.

I think the better approach is to think about a) what you want to build, b) what you want to produce in that build, and c) how you can bring both together. Factories produce... whatever you want. The only difference to artisans is the scale and method of production: where artisans produce either slow or in small runs, and the work is done by hand, factories do mass-production. So factories can do anything:

• refining agricultural or other raw products (from what comes "right out of the field/plantation/mine/..." to whatever you want to make of it)
  • transforming one or more raw materials into a product (ore into metal, trees to planks, ... )
  • transforming one or more refined products into something even more refined (one or more types of cloth and colours into sails/clothing/..., tools/weapons production, furniture, ... )

Another source for inspiration - at least for me - is games like the "Anno" series, in this case Anno 1602/1503/1404. Check out some production buildings on the following pages:

TL/DR: do what you want, and do it the way you want. :thumbup:

Edited by Drunknok

Some edits in the previous post, but I have another question:

What kind of "Christmas traditions" are there in the BotBS world? Is there even something like Christmas? Any ingame traditions?

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

What kind of "Christmas traditions" are there in the BotBS world? Is there even something like Christmas? Any ingame traditions?

Last year @Elostirion sponsored a Nellisan Merrynight mini-challenge, but that's the only in-game Christmas event that I know of. Nobody is running a minichallenge of that sort this year.

5 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Nice! :thumbup:

Anybody mind if I do something similar?

I've raised the question in the leadership court. We'll get back to you asap.

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Nice! :thumbup:

Anybody mind if I do something similar?

Drunknok, run the details past your faction leadership before you post anything, but you've got the go-ahead. :thumbup:

--------

Note: In general, those who want to do minichallenges going forward should inform leadership as early as possible so it can be assigned a proper timeslot. FYI.

42 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Drunknok, run the details past your faction leadership before you post anything, but you've got the go-ahead. :thumbup:

--------

Note: In general, those who want to do minichallenges going forward should inform leadership as early as possible so it can be assigned a proper timeslot. FYI.

Thanks. To be honest, I just had the idea today... :look:

@Bregir: PM sent.

Edited by Drunknok

48 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

To be honest, I just had the idea today... :look:

Oh, I totally figured that. I added the note just as a reminder to others, as it is an issue from time to time. But I'm glad you stepped up to do something seasonal for BoBS. :thumbup:

Aaaand another series of questions:

• Is it possible to fight troops of your own faction in an AMCRA, given that you have licensed troops with you?
  • Who is GMing the "smaller" nations like Mardier, Mokolei, Garvey, Tellvok etc.?
  • Are there mechanisms to expell a player from a faction, and if so: how does this work?
  • Who is GMing the gamemasters, i.e.: who ensures that everybody is treated fairly and on equal grounds? Who is making sure that there are no double standards applied to anybody?

As usual: thanks in advance. :classic:

51 minutes ago, Drunknok said:
  • Who is GMing the "smaller" nations like Mardier, Mokolei, Garvey, Tellvok etc.?

Several faction leaders and support leaders are handling non-player factions.

52 minutes ago, Drunknok said:
  • Are there mechanisms to expell a player from a faction, and if so: how does this work?

There is no official process to expel members, but if the situation became that serious the Court and the leaders of the faction in question would reach a solution. Players are able to switch factions (but be warned there are EGS penalties), and I have to imagine this would happen before expulsion.  

56 minutes ago, Drunknok said:
  • Who is GMing the gamemasters, i.e.: who ensures that everybody is treated fairly and on equal grounds? Who is making sure that there are no double standards applied to anybody?

The Brethren Court (all the faction leaders and support leaders). So far this has not been a major issue. If you feel that there are issues, please inform a faction or support leader, and they can ensure the concern is addressed by the Court. 

• Is it possible to fight troops of your own faction in an AMCRA, given that you have licensed troops with you?

I would imagine so (not an authoritative answer), but be warned that the faction would likely strike back by seizing properties, ships, DBs, etc. That said, don't let me get in the way of a Corrie civil war.:pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it. I have to say though: if you want to read an upcoming "Corrie civil war" into this, it is due to your colourful imagination, and not what I have said at all. :wink:

Just now, Drunknok said:

if you want to read an upcoming "Corrie civil war" into this, it is due to your colourful imagination, and not what I have said at all. :wink:

One can always dream.:laugh:

You are asking if it's possible to fight against your own faction, right? That's how I read it and that's how I was responding.

If you're asking if it's possible to fight with (use) troops from your faction to support your efforts, the answer is yes as long as you include them in the AMCRA form.

6 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

One can always dream.:laugh:

You are asking if it's possible to fight against your own faction, right? That's how I read it and that's how I was responding.

If you're asking if it's possible to fight with (use) troops from your faction to support your efforts, the answer is yes as long as you include them in the AMCRA form.

I was merely gathering some information, nothing more, nothing less. If I asked about dragons in BotBS that would not imply that I want to go all out Khaleesi on anybody either.

Are there dragons in BotBS? *huh*

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

upcoming "Corrie civil war"

I'm thrilled.:excited: I saw there an excellent occasion to order the mobilization of our troops.

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

I'm thrilled.:excited: I saw there an excellent occasion to order the mobilization of our troops.

I sent my troops to Tellvok (to fight side by side with the Tellvokians against intruders) just so they have at least some action... :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I sent my troops to Tellvok (to fight side by side with the Tellvokians against intruders) just so they have at least some action... :laugh:

Good on you for finding a use for yours.  "Mine" just sit around all day getting fat. :pir-sweet:

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Good on you for finding a use for yours.  "Mine" just sit around all day getting fat. :pir-sweet:

Nothing wrong with fat troops - that way you need less food to feed them in an actual campaign. :pir-grin:

On 12/18/2017 at 4:03 PM, Drunknok said:

Aaaand another series of questions:

As usual: thanks in advance. :classic:

I have some slightly different answers.

No, not until war mechanics are unveiled.

A bunch of us

Yes. From the very begining you could be thrown out of a faction

Me.

Just now, SkaForHire said:

I have some slightly different answers.

No, not until war mechanics are unveiled.

A bunch of us

Yes. From the very begining you could be thrown out of a faction

Me.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Now only one questions remains... are there dragons in BotBS? :pir-grin: