Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

On 7/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, Garmadon said:

if you've got something specific in mind there's almost always one leader or another around so feel free to contact us

Thanks! Good to know!

@CapOnBOBS - I see your new settlement page for "Plinton". Is it Plinton or Pilnton? I've seen it written both ways is older posts, but the version suggested to me to include in the map was Pilnton

On 7/12/2021 at 9:04 AM, evancelt said:

@CapOnBOBS - I see your new settlement page for "Plinton". Is it Plinton or Pilnton? I've seen it written both ways is older posts, but the version suggested to me to include in the map was Pilnton

Brenstein/Berenstain Bears?

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Brenstein/Berenstain Bears?

Yeah that real pronunciation of "bear-en-stain" has always weirded me out since my family growing up definitely said "bear-in-steen". Looks like Cap or someone else changed the spelling on the settlement page :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

On 7/12/2021 at 11:04 AM, evancelt said:

Both spellings all over the place. I figure the master account summary would be as close to an official list as we have to go off and that one says "Pilnton" so I will change it. @Ayrlego, I am only tracking 1 building licensed there and it was a @Bodi fort. But if we are all happy to now and forever call it Pilnton, is it possible to take a quick look to consolidate anything else under "Pilnton"

6 minutes ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Hi one question: Is it still possible to join the Brethren of the Brick Seas?

Not only is it possible! But it is highly encouraged! Particularly to join the glorious kingdom of Oleon! Check here for notes on exactly how. In short, create a character and post them in the faction you are joining.

Just now, CapOnBOBS said:

Not only is it possible! But it is highly encouraged! Particularly to join the glorious kingdom of Oleon! Check here for notes on exactly how. In short, create a character and post them in the faction you are joining.

Thanks for the fast Answer :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:
17 minutes ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Hi one question: Is it still possible to join the Brethren of the Brick Seas?

Not only is it possible! But it is highly encouraged! Particularly to join the glorious kingdom of Oleon! 

As the man said; you should definitely join Oleon. 

19 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

As the man said; you should definitely join Oleon. 

Maybe... i think all the factions are great. I think its pulling me to Eslandola or the Sea Rats. But i have to overthink. Oleon is a really good choice too...

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

32 minutes ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Maybe... i think all the factions are great. I think its pulling me to Eslandola or the Sea Rats. But i have to overthink. Oleon is a really good choice too...

Either will be an excellent choice. Corrington has just gotten two new members, so any of the other factions would suit the game excellently!

Hi, I wanted to post a free build to develope my story and show of my new ship but I'm not sure where I should post it...?

3 minutes ago, lmcpicture said:

Hi, I wanted to post a free build to develope my story and show of my new ship but I'm not sure where I should post it...?

I would recommend you create a new thread in the BoBS forum and title it something like: [COR-FB] The Delphinus Orca

Then you can register the build using this Build Submittal form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOq-geQiR6JC_r5aACqR26Wom8Oy8lSYvYdwLrPNgHqlhZDw/viewform

And the Ship License form: https://goo.gl/forms/J9sR6ADTElUosBev2

Edited by evancelt

What are the court's thoughts on a fully DUPLO base for a MOC? Would that be permissible?

I'm envisioning something where the minifigs used are system-sized

If not allowed because it distracts from LEGO-sized builds, that's fine :pir-grin:

If nothing else, I need to see that!

I suspect the verdict will be based on the quality of the build. Builders have been penalised for delivering low-quality builds before, so it depends how good you can go with just Duplo. 

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

If nothing else, I need to see that!

I suspect the verdict will be based on the quality of the build. Builders have been penalised for delivering low-quality builds before, so it depends how good you can go with just Duplo. 

14 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

@evanceltI don't quite know what the court will decide, but you sir, are a rarity! :pir_tong2: :pir-grin:

:pir-grin:

Since Duplo don't normally come in pieces smaller than 2x4 plates, I'm trying out a destructive process to yield smaller parts :pir-huzzah2:

5 minutes ago, evancelt said:

I'm trying out a destructive process to yield smaller parts

Nope. That's cheating. Go big or go home. 

15 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Nope. That's cheating. Go big or go home. 

:pir-grin: Each Duplo 1x2 is still going to be 2x4 regular system studs in size. So they'll be big

Im sure I'll also incorporate some of this

On 8/24/2021 at 7:29 AM, evancelt said:

What are the court's thoughts on a fully DUPLO base for a MOC? Would that be permissible?

You are pretty much free to build as you wish - go nuts! The court will generally only make rulings if a build has an impact on the game itself - so for example, like Ross says if build quality is having an unfair impact on the EGS - or the story unfairly or negatively impacts another player or the game.

19 hours ago, evancelt said:

I'm trying out a destructive process to yield smaller parts 

:pir-oh::pir-oh3: Don't get me started why you shouldn't do that!!!!! :pir-upset::pir-grin:

14 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

You are pretty much free to build as you wish - go nuts! The court will generally only make rulings if a build has an impact on the game itself - so for example, like Ross says if build quality is having an unfair impact on the EGS - or the story unfairly or negatively impacts another player or the game.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

:pir-oh::pir-oh3: Don't get me started why you shouldn't do that!!!!! :pir-upset::pir-grin:

I'm only using already mangled pieces as sources of studs for smaller bricks and plates :pir-grin: My kids are super rough with them and use them as Minecraft pickaxes and hammers and some of the older or weaker colored pieces shatter, others are (partially) salvageable. I'll post picks of the reclamation process if I end up using them in a build.

What is the overall consensus on doing solely digital builds? I see that the rules allow them, but are they frowned upon or something?