Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

20 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

I'd be interested, but I have very few of these new hair pieces and pirate-style clothes- I  need to buy some more.

Thank you for your interest - but I also gather you are not in a position to do so for this instance, due to time and brick constraints? :pir-blush:

1 hour ago, Count Vroskri said:

I'd be interested, but I have very few of these new hair pieces and pirate-style clothes- I  need to buy some more.

What you could perhaps do is swap their appearance from something recognisable to something completely unrecognisable and instead "suggest" that they are those people.

For example have then meet in a dark corner of the inn, shadow blocking their faces whilst the characters are all wearing unrecognisable (plain) clothing. Perhaps a bandana and/or other hat piece to make it as if they don't want to be recognised in the Inn/Tavern. Especially since that could be infiltrated by spies ;).

Plus if you decide to not cover their faces with hats or anything, positioning the minifigs in such a way that their bodies are visible but their faces are blocked.

Leaning against a wall behind a bookshelf, another civilian walks in front of them after/a bar maid is bringing something to a table and just happens to be in front of the guys when the photo was taken.

Suggestive story telling is a lot of fun and can be used quite cheeky if you don't have the parts for it: :)

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

That sure is food for thought.. If no-one else comes forward, maybe I'll give it a go. 

For the record, I am looking for a depiction of an official meeting, not a group of spies in an alleyway :pir-wink:

That said, some of Thomas' ideas are good for depicting characters you don't have the parts for in general.

I can probably do this if no one else is in a position to. I have a few other builds in progress, but could do a room-in-an-inn vignette this evening US time (so likely ready for you tomorrow EU time @Bregir). My Oldis isn't going to be perfect :pir-grin:

Anyone that can get it done sooner would be welcome!

Edited by evancelt

Rules Request / Clarification:

For Naval Raids that involve the use of a Commodore/Admiral/National Hero, can Commander Skill be gained from successful raids?

Commander skill is applied for the commander of the troops, not the navy. That is why both Oldis and OL started last turn with a skill of 2 (baseline plus first round of the battle for Kings Port)

I will see if I can clarify it in the rules.

As an additional note you can see the skill level of rated commanders in the third tab in the accounts sheet.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Commander skill is applied for the commander of the troops, not the navy.

Indeed, but let's say troops are part of the raid. :pir-grin: Wouldn't they then be commanding troops and eligible for commander skill? 

I'm totally fine with that not being the case, I just personally think that raids into settlements should earn commander score. :pir-devil:   

(This is not at all related to the Count capturing a settlement last turn! :pir-laugh:)

Also thanks @Ayrlego!

5 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Indeed, but let's say troops are part of the raid. :pir-grin: Wouldn't they then be commanding troops and eligible for commander skill? 

I'm totally fine with that not being the case, I just personally think that raids into settlements should earn commander score. :pir-devil:   

(This is not at all related to the Count capturing a settlement last turn! :pir-laugh:)

Also thanks @Ayrlego!

Exactly what I said was that Mesabi (assuming he was in command of the troops) would gain 1 point of commander skill.

Just now, Bregir said:

Exactly what I said was that Mesabi (assuming he was in command of the troops) would gain 1 point of commander skill.

Cool, thank you for the clarification. I read your post wrong, my apologies!

2 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Cool, thank you for the clarification. I read your post wrong, my apologies!

By August, you can apply for forgiveness - it requires a royal build and a 6000 word essay, and processing time is 5 years... :pir-grin:

(No worries)

*NOTICE*

The court is currently discussing the rules for fort building in occupied territories and will soon come with a clarification of the rules. In the meanwhile, please do not post any forts in occupied territories(TER settlements held by OL, OL settlements held by COR), as this may have an impact on your plans.

Thank you. :pir-blush:

Have you been snooping on my Flickr account? I just had a fort ready to upload. Hope you can reach a decision quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Have you been snooping on my Flickr account? I just had a fort ready to upload. Hope you can reach a decision quickly. 

I am always snooping in your Flickr account! :pir-grin:

But no, I hadn't seen you had uploaded a fort. This is a general discussion based on current events in BoBs to ensure we keep balance.

A location for the peace talks has been proposed, and invitation presented:

Hooray I guess? :D So what do I have to do now with my nearly finished warships? :pir-bawling:

On a more serious sidenote:

Has someone already found time to check my 2 AMRCA adventures?

@Bregir and other Gamemasters?

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/155021-amrca-maxim-i-origins/

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/155044-amrca-maestro-trador-agency-of-exploring-culture/

7 hours ago, Maxim I said:

@Bregir and other Gamemasters?

Same here, the Throne of Gonda needs some GM input... :pir-look:

9 hours ago, Maxim I said:

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Same here, the Throne of Gonda needs some GM input... :pir-look:

At the moment the war on Terraversa, along with all the routine administrative work such as account sheets etc is taking up all our time. Hopefully we will get a chance to look at aMRCAs soon, although I can not guarantee when that will be.  

@Maxim I and @Mesabi

It is on my list - but as Ayrlego rightfully says, there are other things on the court right now. We have had to invent many new rules, and also content with some very... enthusiastic players regarding our new and existing rules, and we have to gm it all as well. Some of us even have to run NPC's too, and to everyone's surprise, some of actually like to build and progress our own stories too from time to time... :pir-wink:

(Then there is the whole ridiculous side-activity of jobs, families, other hobbies, and other annoying distractions...)

We will try to get to it, but I do hope your most recent posts on the adventures are clear and makes it easy to GM. It will take a lot more effort if we have to go back and re-read everything, AND then have to guess at and interpret what you are trying to do.

18 minutes ago, Bregir said:

@Maxim I and @Mesabi

It is on my list - but as Ayrlego rightfully says, there are other things on the court right now. We have had to invent many new rules, and also content with some very... enthusiastic players regarding our new and existing rules, and we have to gm it all as well. Some of us even have to run NPC's too, and to everyone's surprise, some of actually like to build and progress our own stories too from time to time... :pir-wink:

(Then there is the whole ridiculous side-activity of jobs, families, other hobbies, and other annoying distractions...)

We will try to get to it, but I do hope your most recent posts on the adventures are clear and makes it easy to GM. It will take a lot more effort if we have to go back and re-read everything, AND then have to guess at and interpret what you are trying to do.

Makes absolutely sense and 200% understandable :)

Well, for me it is easy:

Origins: partly aborting the adventure. Only 1 ship continues, but that story part isn't continued yet.

Trador Agency: well I hope that this story is ready to be finished now.