Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

2 hours ago, Legonaut said:

I know that there is a free license for (rather) new players. Is it for land properties level 1?

A small property of any type (except fortification and mine) - and I will finally get back to your PM now! :pir-look:

Silly questions incoming...

1. What is up with this years soccer cup? I know I still have to wrap up the 619 one with prices and stuff - I'll get there sooner or later, I promise. @Bodi and/or Oleon would be the next host, any plans already?
  2. To @Capt Wolf: Octoberfest 620, yay or nay?
  3. While it is still a good bit away: anybody up for a Christmas special this year?

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

What is up with this years soccer cup? I know I still have to wrap up the 619 one with prices and stuff - I'll get there sooner or later, I promise. @Bodi and/or Oleon would be the next host, any plans already?

I just expect your teams won't come to Eltina with muskets in their hands.:pir-grin: With what is going on in Terra Versa, it's possible to see our factions opposed to each other, but I reckon a football match would be a good occasion to restore friendly relations after the resolution of this TV affair.

8 minutes ago, Bodi said:

I just expect your teams won't come to Eltina with muskets in their hands.:pir-grin: With what is going on in Terra Versa, it's possible to see our factions opposed to each other, but I reckon a football match would be a good occasion to restore friendly relations after the resolution of this TV affair.

In terms of timing it really depends on how things develop: if Terraversa goes up in flames I have no doubts we will see action until (at least) next year.

However I see no reason why a tournament couldn't be played anyway. The soccer cup was entirely apolitical from the start, and getting folks together despite the ongoing tension/crisis/war would be right in character for it.

In the end it comes down to whether you as a RL person have the time and will to organise and run the thing, and if you think it fits the current narrative of the game. In my opinion it is really up to you.

Just now, Darnok said:

In terms of timing it really depends on how things develop: if Terraversa goes up in flames I have no doubts we will see action until (at least) next year.

However I see no reason why a tournament couldn't be played anyway. The soccer cup was entirely apolitical from the start, and getting folks together despite the ongoing tension/crisis/war would be right in character for it.

In the end it comes down to whether you as a RL person have the time and will to organise and run the thing, and if you think it fits the current narrative of the game. In my opinion it is really up to you.

A tournament in the middle of a conflict could be fun, the game would be intense and explosive, literally. Though let's hope the war won't last so long, if there's any.

7 hours ago, Darnok said:

Octoberfest 620, yay or nay?

I suspect yay, but I may tweak it this year. It might also move to a different settlement. I'm considering options, and suggestions are welcome.

29 minutes ago, Bodi said:

I reckon a football match would be a good occasion

Regardless of politics anywhere in the Brick Seas, I strongly support any effort for the Soccer Cup to be played this year!

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

I suspect yay, but I may tweak it this year. It might also move to a different settlement. I'm considering options, and suggestions are welcome.

Awesome! I'm not sure about the "moving location", since it has been the Weelond Octoberfest from the start - and it would have its fifth anniversary!

Suggestions... hrrhrr, is this a trick question? :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Regardless of politics anywhere in the Brick Seas, I strongly support any effort for the Soccer Cup to be played this year!

Same here. Never a fan of the real version, but I always enjoyed the BotBS incarnation a lot. :pir-classic:

28 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Awesome! I'm not sure about the "moving location", since it has been the Weelond Octoberfest from the start - and it would have its fifth anniversary!

Well, for example, one idea I'm considering is not limiting it to Weelond, but expanding it to any and all MCTC-owned settlements, which would add Salida Este and Chiquita as possible locations. They each have unique architectural aesthetics, which would give players some variety in their building choices

30 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Suggestions... hrrhrr, is this a trick question? :pir-grin:

Not a trick at all. I'm always willing to steal borrow a good idea. :pir-huzzah2: (Official emoticon of Weelond Octoberfest)

8 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I propose to run it in November, as October is reserved to Oktoberfest.

Can't go wrong when following tradition! Yay to Octoberfest, yay to Soccer Cup!

Note to self: Now is the time to start looking for those two ceremonial LEGO football balls that I only use for our yearly Soccer cup.

Edited by blackdeathgr

It depends on what you build, with some flexibility: if you build the hut in the middle of a cutting wood, you have a plantation; if you have a sawing mill, or several men producing planks in series, you have a factory; if you have a single man building a table, or cutting down a tree, probably you have an artisan

All: Although the MRCA deadline is the 28th, for the account sheets the next sheet will include forms submitted up until the end of the month. So basically if you have a free build to register or a property to license, you have until the end of the 31st. Any forms submitted with a time stamp in July will be included in the next sheet.

By His Most Sacred Majesty.

A Proclamation.

When a long train of abuses and usurpations evinces an absolute despotism, it is right to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of Terraversa; and such is now the necessity which allows for no other alternative than an alteration of the system of government. The history of the present oppressor, Milo Oldis is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

• He has allowed his admirals to seize, without provocation, 2 ships belonging to the Royal New Terra Company, and detain their crews until such a time as a sufficient ransom could be obtained.
  • He has unlawfully issued Letters of Marque, and released these pirates on the innocent traders of Mardier and Eslandola.
  • He has made judges subject to his will alone, deploying thugs and brigands to roam near courthouses where those who expressed an interest contrary to his own were subject to assault.
  • He has subjected Olean merchants to arbitrary and oppressive harbor fees that are not borne by other nations.
  • He has directed his officers and ministers to impose clerical and administrative barriers preventing the free trade of Olean goods across Terraversa.
  • He has abused loyal subjects of Oleon, forcing them to submit to verbal and physical assaults, in a transparent effort to garner support for his fledgling regime.
  • He has freed his admirals, ministers, and public officials to abuse their position by extorting wealth from subjects of Oleon.
  • He has refused to enforce laws which would ensure the fair treatment of subjects of Olean and those with whom they would engage in commerce.
  • He has obstructed the administration of justice by refusing to allow the judiciary to prosecute those who vandalize property belonging to subjects of Oleon.
  • He has denied security to those priests who took upon them the sacred duty of caring for the spiritual needs of the people of Terraversa, allowing them to be victimized in brutal physical attacks and to be subject to ridicule in public forums.
  • He has invited foreign powers for the purpose of granting them free reign to terrorize domestic trade.
  • He has refused the desperate pleas of his own people for an end to this injustice.
  • He has erected a multitude of new taxes, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass his people, and seize their substance.
  • He has intimidated local populations and arrested dissenters, for openly opposing, with manly firmness, his invasions on the rights of the Terraversan people.

Therefore, His Most Sacred Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, appealing to the supreme judges for the rectitude of His intentions, by the power bestowed upon Him by Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, solemnly authorizes the Royal Council for War to take action as directed to address and rectify these numerous abuses.

Be it done on the Twenty-Eighth Day of the Fourth Month of the Fourth Year of His Divine Reign.

Vive le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

To those who are wondering, all the claims above are based on events that occurred in the game. Most of the Oleon-specific claims come from our AMCRA.

Edited by Captain Genaro

Oi, what a bunch of drivel. The Oleon way! :pir-grin:

Spoiler

Strictly speaking IC there, I really like how this is unfolding so far. You go Oleon, this will be fun! :pir-thumb:

list continued:

- He replaced the toilet roll but hung it the wrong way.

- He kicked a puppy once by accident and didn’t say sorry in a baby voice tone.

- He makes a weird noise when he chews his breakfast cereal.

... So we beat ‘im up. :parrot:

11 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

let facts be submitted to a candid world

OC, is all this based on things that have happened? If so, could you put some links in? It would be cool to have the argument to back up our position. Particularly on that point about Eslandolan shipping being attacked by Terraversan privateers. 

3 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

OC, is all this based on things that have happened? If so, could you put some links in? 

Every word is the gospel truth. :innocent:

I'll add some links this evening. They are all based on events that occurred, although some of them do require some inferences (e.g. Nothing was ever published about Oldis prohibiting the prosecution of those who attacked our AMCRA/priests in Terraversa, but I think it's reasonable for Oleon to draw this inference).

And while I will deny ever having said so, there may or may not but definitely is the tiniest amount of bias in the writing (but I think it does make sense IC). 

29 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

there may [be] the tiniest amount of bias in the writing

I would expect nothing less!

30 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

but I think it does make sense IC

I totally agree!

48 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

OC, is all this based on things that have happened? If so, could you put some links in? It would be cool to have the argument to back up our position. Particularly on that point about Eslandolan shipping being attacked by Terraversan privateers.

Well, if you consider that NPC pirates have their location hidden when calling on NPC ports, then presumably if any NPC pirate has ever attacked an ESL ship, his argument must be true! :wink:

And Terraversa did institute port taxes that applied to all factions. Subsequently ESL and COR endeavored to strike trade deals with Terraversa to avoid the taxes, but OL did not. I guess they prefer to negotiate through strength. :cannon:

12 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

He has unlawfully issued Letters of Marque, and released these pirates on the innocent traders of Mardier

I am intrigued that Oleon is so concerned with the treatment of Mardierian shipping... :sceptic:

Such has been the patient sufferance of Terraversa; and such is now the necessity which allows for no other alternative than an alteration of the system of government. The history of the present oppressor, Milo Oldis is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny.

So if Terraversa's Grand Admiral L'Olius :bonaparte: were made leader of Terraversa, Oleon would peacefully depart, the tyrant having been deposed?

Therefore, ... King Philip the First ... solemnly authorizes the Royal Council for War to take action as directed to address and rectify these numerous abuses.

So if any faction sovereign observes abuses within another sovereign nation, he/she can "take action as needed to address and rectify" the problem? I've heard lots of complaints about the Faith. Perhaps someone should do something about that... :grin:

4 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Perhaps someone should do something about that...

Did someone say "PARTAAAY"? I'll be expecting an invitation in the post shortly! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

This is all based on real facts, but some of them are very old and the links to pictures are no longer active. I remember, for example, a dubious management of justice and some Eslandolan sailors executed without trial by L’Olius (at the time working for Mardier)