Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

@Capt Wolf First thank you for the quick Response.

I See, is there a way to assist you or Just in general do some voluntary Work for the RPG?

37 minutes ago, Legonaut said:

First thank you for the quick Response.

You're welcome!

38 minutes ago, Legonaut said:

is there a way to assist you or Just in general do some voluntary Work for the RPG?

Thanks. We've got people working on it, just not making any tangible progress yet.

Just a quick question - if I were to build a property and then later build the interior as a separate build, would the size be based on the original dimension of the first build, or the combined stud total of the two? 

On 5/23/2020 at 3:38 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Just a quick question - if I were to build a property and then later build the interior as a separate build, would the size be based on the original dimension of the first build, or the combined stud total of the two? 

I'd say that has to be an individual evaluation. You can license a combination of builds to reach the desired stud-print. But the interior has to be "additional" studs/effort in some way, if that makes any sense. (You can normally license a building without interior with its full footprint, so adding an interior should be considered additional effort. On the other hand, adding interior in the same build will not normally allow you to license the extra studs, so it has to be a balance.) Is that clear enough? :pir-classic:

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

I'd say that has to be an individual evaluation. You can license a combination of builds to reach the desired stud-print. But the interior has to be "additional" studs/effort in some way, if that makes any sense. (You can normally license a building without interior with its full footprint, so adding an interior should be considered additional effort. On the other hand, adding interior in the same build will not normally allow you to license the extra studs, so it has to be a balance.) Is that clear enough? :pir-classic:

Yes, I assumed it was on a case-to-case basis of evaluation.

I was thinking of a residence and then adding the interior later, but obviously the additional studs wouldn't push it beyond a reasonable license bracket (ie. small to medium).

Thank you for the reply. Who knew property in BotBS was just a complicated as real life? :pir-grin:

51 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Thank you for the reply. Who knew property in BotBS was just a complicated as real life? 

Just wait until we start charging you various taxes and fees :pir-laugh:

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

We are currently working on an temporary fix to the EGS accounts. As you will be aware, the complexity of the sheets has caused some issues that we have not been able to manage. The last accurate account sheet was 2019 Sep-Oct.

To simplify things, we need to make some changes. The first and most obvious step is to conduct an audit on the 124 'citizen' accounts. I (generously) estimate we only have about 41 (relatively) active players. Here is the full list of 124 citizens who hold EGS accounts. The ones considered 'inactive' for EGS purposes are highlighted in red.

My proposal is that we 'freeze' inactive accounts as at the 2019 Sep-Oct Account Summary. If inactive players with 'frozen' accounts wish to rejoin the EGS in future, they will be re-inserted with the values that they held at the 2019 Sep-Oct summary. This will make the sheets smaller and easier to manage meaning we can go back to having a working EGS.

Can I ask everyone to have a look at the sheet and correct any wrong assumptions I have made. You can do this by commenting on the sheet or contacting me either here or via PM.

Thank you all

EDIT: PS If you are a new player who doesnt appear on the Sep-Oct 2019 list and wish to participate in the EGS, can you please also let me know. Cheers

5 hours ago, Bregir said:

Challenge D deadline extended until July 15th:

Very nice! I still had no clue what to build *huh*

The lights were on late at the offices of the Kings Port Advertiser last night …  :pir-oh:

Hey guys, promise this is the one and only time I'll do this. Would anyone be interested in joining a Star Wars RPG? I'm leading the Mandalorian Clan over on Factions, and I'm looking for recruits:

Send me a DM if you're interested. 

8 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

Disregard

8 hours ago, Kingston Enterprizes said:

Disregard

Disregarding :pir_tong2:

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

Disregarding :pir_tong2:

To clear things up, my email address was suddenly flooded with hundreds of advertisements, to the point it was unusable, so I created an alternate account. The issue was resolved however, and negated the necessity of the second account. Sorry!

All: The settlement tab for the accounts sheets is now up-to-date until 1st July 2020. I'm still working on the accounts tab (so ignore that for now) which will take (potentially a lot) more time.

Here is the link to the new October 2019 - July 2020 Account sheet. 

Mayors of settlements please check your settlements and let me know of any queries/discrepancies. I've been back through the form responces all the way to the start of the game, so it should be fairly accurate. If there are discrepancies please provide me with the links to prove your case. Eg. Newtown has 7 artisans on the sheet but it should be 8, here are the links to all the artisans in Newtown.

Note any properties registered on or after 1st July 2020 are not included on this sheet.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ayrlego said:

All: The settlement tab for the accounts sheets is now up-to-date until 1st July 2020. I'm still working on the accounts tab (so ignore that for now) which will take (potentially a lot) more time.

Here is the link to the new October 2019 - July 2020 Account sheet. 

Mayors of settlements please check your settlements and let me know of any queries/discrepancies. I've been back through the form responces all the way to the start of the game, so it should be fairly accurate. If there are discrepancies please provide me with the links to prove your case. Eg. Newtown has 7 artisans on the sheet but it should be 8, here are the links to all the artisans in Newtown.

Note any properties registered on or after 1st July 2020 are not included on this sheet.

Thank you for your great work! Earning or spending hundreds of doubloons had definitely lost any meaning without a trace of it. Great work also with the settlement... with Fort Arltrees everything is OK, but I think that it was the easiest part :pir-tongue:

Fuerte Unido

July 13th, 620 AE

Colonial Council Hall

To Miro Oldis, Archduke of Terraversa

My dear sir,

It has been two years since Eslandola’s Grand Ambassador stood before you in your Noble Council to personally convey our official recognition of your independence from the colonial yoke of Mardier, establish a permanent embassy in Kings Port, and to enter our nations into a free trade agreement. In the time since, the agreement has proven to be mutually beneficial, and our ports of call have offered not only willing markets but shelter in storms and relief from the damage of same.

Word has reached Eslandola, by way of Corrington, that there may be a foreign power funding and arming rebels against your independence. I convened our Colonial Council to discuss the matter, and we reaffirm Eslandola’s support of Terraversan independence. The Council authorizes me to inquire if you need any specific assistance from us at this time. The bearer of this letter, Lady Condora, is a member of our Council and is at your service in this matter.

I hope that we can work together to keep your nation a beacon of light in the Brick Seas. I anxiously await your reply.

Sincerely,

wm_guilder_sig.jpg

Willem Guilder,
Admius Legistrad, Eslandola

Probably a silly question, but I'd rather check anyway: land properties only have a certain requirement in terms of plot size, not scale, correct? So as long as (for example) a small residence build fills the required 16x16 studs, it does not matter if it is minifig scale, midi or micro scale. Do I have that right?

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Probably a silly question, but I'd rather check anyway: land properties only have a certain requirement in terms of plot size, not scale, correct? So as long as (for example) a small residence build fills the required 16x16 studs, it does not matter if it is minifig scale, midi or micro scale. Do I have that right?

I think you are perfectly right... as soon as size and minimum effort requirements are respected, you can build at any scale

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Yep, that’s how I understand it as well. I’m pretty sure we’ve  had examples of micro scale small properties before.

Agreed. Proper footprint, but also the lovely loosely defined "sufficient effort".

As a microscale will often have less bricks than a full scale build, we will keep an eye of effort.

But I don't remember seeing microbuilds where that would have been a problem, so I don't imagine it will be an issue. :)

I know that there is a free license for (rather) new players. Is it for land properties level 1?