Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, The Sarge said:

With this Carno-Lotus war brewing, are the histories and details of these nations filled in anywhere? All I have been able to find so far is that one of Carno's colors is red.

There was a group working on fleshing out the NPC nations, but it's been dormant for awhile. China would be the RL model for the Kingdom of the Lotus. The Republic of Venice is probably a reasonable RL model for Carno for the moment. We'll have some more info soon.

Hi everybody,

I might be online every now and then, but will most likely be unable to interact in any meaningful way for the next days and weeks, possibly months. I'm back when I'm back, sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

7 hours ago, Darnok said:

Hi everybody,

I might be online every now and then, but will most likely be unable to interact in any meaningful way for the next days and weeks, possibly months. I'm back when I'm back, sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can come back sooner then you expect!

On 1/16/2020 at 5:16 AM, Darnok said:

Hi everybody,

Look forward to having you among us soon. 

Was there at any point a flag for the Lotus Kingdom created?
I had a yellow background with a purple flower outline in my head, but now can't find it anywhere. Maybe I got confused by some other flags or something.

Like this one:
49399413791_fc521b9973_n.jpg

Edited by Wellesley

49400159993_ee657f8fd5_c.jpg

Hey everyone! It's been a long time in the making but Challenge III will be announced on Saturday 1st February! In response to feedback we have prepared a Era one style challenge very similar to Challenge V 'Princes of Garvey'. There will be 5 categories with different due dates and hopefully the challenge will have something to appeal to all!

6 hours ago, Wellesley said:

Was there at any point a flag for the Lotus Kingdom created?

No not yet, the challenge is actually ready to go now, one of the reasons we have postponed to February is to try and get descriptions for the Kingdom of the Lotus and Carno released. With your permission, I may adapt your flag for the Lotii - it's very nice!

Just now, Ayrlego said:

With your permission, I may adapt your flag for the Lotii - it's very nice!

Of course you may do, that would be great. I can also upload one with brighter colours (at least the yellow). I was printing the flag today and it came out more like golden, which on the other hand didn't bother me at all.

49 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

It's been a long time in the making but Challenge III will be announced on Saturday 1st February!

Oh I am ready for this. @Captain Dee better finish his party quick, because the gloves are coming off. 

Just kidding. He'll keep the gloves on. Less blood to wash off that way...

35 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Oh I am ready for this. @Captain Dee better finish his party quick, because the gloves are coming off. 

Just kidding. He'll keep the gloves on. Less blood to wash off that way...

Oh no... terrible timing on my part. I assure you I won't be finished by then. Interesting looking challenge at any rate.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

49400159993_ee657f8fd5_c.jpg

Hey everyone! It's been a long time in the making but Challenge III will be announced on Saturday 1st February! In response to feedback we have prepared a Era one style challenge very similar to Challenge V 'Princes of Garvey'. There will be 5 categories with different due dates and hopefully the challenge will have something to appeal to all!

This is cool. I have some figured from the old ninja line I’ve wanted to incorporate for a little bit

Thanks Merc! Because I was enjoying some figure building, here are some further examples of Lotii Troops!

49400845633_8b3e4d4f98_c.jpg

@Ayrlego Great, that you went for the Samurai parts. I was thinking about them but couldn't find enough. This is what I came up with:

49401571492_8f00c366fd_z.jpg
A captain (on the left) and three sailors.

49400890823_29d179fa53_z.jpg
Two arbalists and a lieutenant.

49401370661_b2df376e70_z.jpg
Two infantrymen.

I just drew this little sketch, which I will use as the Lotii marine flag.

49404921617_a2c5c84a94_z.jpg

Edited by Wellesley

Nice minifigs guys! I’m looking forward to the beginning of the challenge to see them in action!

Very nice flags too, especially the yellow one!

It's good to see so many versions of oriental figs in such short time. :pir-classic:

On 1/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, Ayrlego said:

On 1/17/2020 at 4:19 PM, Wellesley said:

Oh boy this is gonna be fun :excited::grin::wub_drool:

Unfortunately the picture doesn't look too great as a flag with the big stripe of water at the bottom.

But I worked a bit on it and created a new marine flag and added a brighter version of the lotus flag.

49414427457_c078800350_z.jpg

49414438297_cd78ba26d9_z.jpg

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

sea slug

That's got to be a Challenge III content spoiler *oh2* :grin:

@Wellesley Really liking that lotus flower flag :thumbup::thumbup: The dragon/sea-slug flag is a bit too Manchu-China for my taste

39 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

That's got to be a Challenge III content spoiler *oh2* :grin:

@Wellesley Really liking that lotus flower flag :thumbup::thumbup: The dragon/sea-slug flag is a bit too Manchu-China for my taste

Not the dragon, the flower. Here's the link to the four year old BoredPanda page that recently came up on my Facebook feed. The one I'm referring to is #8 Cyerce Nigricans.