Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

A thread where each player maintains a sngle post to keep a log of their characters (with links to relevant threads) would do this nicely. A link in the Master Index would keep it from cluttering the board. All that the volunteer would have to do is link each player's post next to their name, preferably organized by faction. Spoiler tags would help reduce wasted search effort.

Example of what I mean:

[First post/list]

(Faction name)

Spoiler

@Capt Wolf (link to player's post)

-------------------------------------------------------------
[Player's post]

(Character name)

Spoiler

Short bio, current location, and links to relevant builds. Maybe an image.

-------------------------------------------------------------

With the onus on the players, the administrative work load becomes minimal. I'd call it The BOBS Character Logbook.

Edited by gedren_y

23 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

A thread where each player maintains a sngle post to keep a log of their characters (with links to relevant threads) would do this nicely. A link in the Master Index would keep it from cluttering the board. All that the volunteer would have to do is link each player's post next to their name, preferably organized by faction. Spoiler tags would help reduce wasted search effort.

Example of what I mean:

That looks workable.

24 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I'd call it The BOBS Character Logbook.

And I like that name. :thumbup:

I do this for my own builds, I think a link is in my sig (have turned visibility for those off due to much annoying stuff from other users). It is super helpful indeed, if a bit more work every now and then to keep it updated.

I think it is a grand idea. Would be very useful in the future indeed. Although I would love to help collecting for the Character Logbook, I don't even have any spare time to build these days..

Does anyone have a large (like at least 200 px high) version of the Eslandola and/or Sea Rat sigil?  Even a link to the high-res version of the flags would do, I could get it from there.  Trying to size up my banner and I can't get either of those big enough.

P.S. Hold it where on earth did that new tag of mine come from?? :pir-grin:  I see someone decided the pirate in my life needed some recognition... :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

P.S. Hold it where on earth did that new tag of mine come from?? :pir-grin:  I see someone decided the pirate in my life needed some recognition... :pir_tong2:

You can be quite the Anne Bonnie when you want to be.

22 hours ago, gedren_y said:

You can be quite the Anne Bonnie when you want to be.

:pir-laugh:  I had to look that up! :pir_tong2:

On 12/5/2019 at 9:13 AM, Kai NRG said:

P.S.Hold it where on earth did that new tag of mine come from?? :pir-grin:  I see someone decided the pirate in my life needed some recognition... :pir_tong2:

You won the banner contest.  

On 12/8/2019 at 2:20 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

You won the banner contest.  

Ah right, I had totally forgotten about the tag for that. :laugh:  

Last call for the BTSC 619: if you want your team to fight to death on the field of glory (or just kick some balls), join now!

Registration is still open for roughly another 20 hours (i.e. still the 9th anywhere on the world).

Rumour has it, shipping lists are starting to drizzle in in Kings Port, with a few decisive battles in between...

*dramatic music*

On 12/9/2019 at 3:37 PM, Darnok said:

Last call for the BTSC 619: if you want your team to fight to death on the field of glory (or just kick some balls), join now!

Registration is still open for roughly another 20 hours (i.e. still the 9th anywhere on the world).

Sorry mate I did not make it... Hope to do a "what went wrong" building :)

4 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Sorry mate I did not make it... Hope to do a "what went wrong" building :)

No worries, life just happens. Would love to see what you can come up with if you find the time! And I hope you enjoy the tournament nonetheless. :pir-classic:

Capt Wolf has been flogging the KPA editors and the newest edition can now be found throughout the Brick Seas!

Merry Christmas everybody!

I just rolled out of the airplane after 24h traveling, and I see somebody sunk the Narwal :O 

well first sleep then family dinner.

Then I'll see if Davey Jones can drag her up from the bottom for me.

Bart

With this Carno-Lotus war brewing, are the histories and details of these nations filled in anywhere? All I have been able to find so far is that one of Carno's colors is red.

14 hours ago, The Sarge said:

With this Carno-Lotus war brewing, are the histories and details of these nations filled in anywhere? All I have been able to find so far is that one of Carno's colors is red.

Lotus is based on ancient China/Japan, historically speaking, we could see Loti soldiers armed with rudimentary and very inefficient firearms, small or medium sized warships, guns were rare, they should mainly rely on boarding and fireships to fight Halosian ships.

Truth be told: we haven't had some "proper" background writing forquite some time, and both Carno and the Lotus Kingdom have been glaring holes. General activity has gone back a lot over the last years, and the background writing suffered first. This is not to put the blame on anything or anybody, just an observation.

Now for something completely different: welcome back Bart, good to have you around once more! I hope you had a good return and relaxed holidays.

Also: merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Sol Invictus, Brickmas, Merrynight, holidays or grinchy murderfest! May you all have enjoyable days with family or firends - or alone if you prefer - including good food and drink and rest. Maybe some time to build even? 

Edited by Darnok
Spelling...

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

Maybe some time to build even? 

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, or Happy holidays. RL has been hectic and funds a bit scarce. However, now that Christmas has come and gone I found myself with both more bricks and some extra time. I expect one build to be finish and photographed before the end of the year.