Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

The new Trade MRCA deadline is November 5, and the map now includes the New Haven Seas!

Hello everybody! I am planning to start an AMRCA towards the Great Alliance States, starting with the pretext of a ship blocked in the ice in the Northern Seas and so moving South by land looking for survivors. I wouldn't like to find any striking geographical information from eventual survivors or ship-logs, but I think that the best story would be looking for lost explorers.

The problem is… what do you think it will be better for BoBS, a lost ship that has (possibly) circumnavigated the World, the Western continent or that was simply looking for a North-West passage towards the archipelago? Let me know what do you think!

Edited by Keymonus

30 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

The problem is… what do you think it will be better for BoBS, a lost ship that has (possibly) circumnavigated the World, the Western continent or that was simply looking for a North-West passage towards the archipelago? Let me know what do you think!

I like the last idea most, both from an in-universe and a pragmatic point of view. Have a look at the BotBS world map:

Spoiler
World Map

Finding a sea route to the western ocean(s) without circumnavigating the whole world or the southern lands would be a big deal, so some "North-West Passage" could be some sort of holy grail among sailors.

Good point, I agree with you! Probably I’ll go for that and let my character discover, as the story goes on, if the ship was looking for it or had found it and was on the way back home

Edited by Keymonus

2 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Hello everybody! I am planning to start an AMRCA towards the Great Alliance States, starting with the pretext of a ship blocked in the ice in the Northern Seas and so moving South by land looking for survivors. I wouldn't like to find any striking geographical information from eventual survivors or ship-logs, but I think that the best story would be looking for lost explorers.

Cool! Great to see the Great Alliance State being fleshed out further. The North-West passage hypothesis sounds like a good starting point for your adventure. I recently watched 'The Terror', so I'm fully in the mood for icy sea adventures now :grin:.

44 minutes ago, Khorne said:

Cool! Great to see the Great Alliance State being fleshed out further. The North-West passage hypothesis sounds like a good starting point for your adventure. I recently watched 'The Terror', so I'm fully in the mood for icy sea adventures now :grin:.

It was exactly my inspiration (not the series itself, but an article about the story)! :pir-classic: I've planned it for quite a while, but finally I managed to build a ship stuck in ice (+an intact ship, that I built long time ago and never published).

4 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I think a Mary-Celeste idea would be kinda cool…

Nice idea! A ship without crew and no good reason for their disappearance… Sooner or later I should bring it in BoBS!

BoBS has a new member: The Neighborhood Merchant. His intro is posted in the Eslandola thread here:

Just a quick reminder that there's only a week left to enter the Oktoberfest mini-challenge.

49 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Just a quick reminder that there's only a week left to enter the Oktoberfest mini-challenge.

I put it in my calendar to build something Friday. Hope to finally be able to participate :D

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

This is constantly itching at the back of my mind, and slowly driving me (even more) crazy. When I have the time to build I have no idea what to do, and whn inspiration strucks me, I lack the time... :pir-cry_sad:

Hey all,

I have a few questions about the Account Summary. If someone has time and knowledge about it, I would appreciate to clarify these things via PM.

12 hours ago, Wellesley said:

Hey all,

I have a few questions about the Account Summary. If someone has time and knowledge about it, I would appreciate to clarify these things via PM.

Your faction leadership would be a good place to start. If they cannot help you or if your question is of a technical nature I can assist you. 

To the relevant Lotii representatives,

Her Royal Corlander Majesty's government considers the attack on Spudkirk by Lotii forces a declaration of war, and henceforth consider a state of conflict in place between our nations.

In Her Majesty's Service

Rear-Admiral S. Fletcher

Commander-in-Chief, Terra Novan Navy

Hooray, finally took some decent pictures of the Gotheborg.

Posted in the MOC subforum of the Pirate forum because it is a replica, so I guess it fits better there

Anyone with an adventure that needs GM input, please take a look at this post, where I'd like you to post a link to your adventure with a few comments on where you are and what you need input on.

Additionally, you no longer need to use the aMRCA form. (I will update the rules over the coming days)

Please welcome another new player to BoBS (and Eslandola): A_Goodman playing as Captain Hernan Orellana. See his intro here:

On 10/25/2019 at 8:58 AM, Bregir said:

To the relevant Lotii representatives,

Her Royal Corlander Majesty's government considers the attack on Spudkirk by Lotii forces a declaration of war, and henceforth consider a state of conflict in place between our nations.

In Her Majesty's Service

Rear-Admiral S. Fletcher

Commander-in-Chief, Terra Novan Navy

ACTION!!

Hi all - the Grand Duke Alexander has finally made a decision on the prizes for the PA cup!

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you for the participation from all - some very good builds all around!

Honorary mention to @TomSkippy who won all three ship categories for best build!

Winners have been announced for the Weelond Oktoberfest mini-challenge. Congrats to all who participated!

Question ... Do we have a place somewhere to capture everyone's sig fig and back story? Other than the intro threads? Something that could be a reference guide to others that wish to do collaborative works?

Something like

Sig fig photo

Sig fig name 

Faction / home settlement

military rank if any

Trade company affiliation if any

Ship(s) name(s) if a captain

Back story (intro story .... can always be edited as the character evolves)

Current story (short bio of current events ... Could be a running link list to story builds)

The reason I ask is after doing a couple colab stories it seems I'm doing a lot of back logging trying to keep the stories jiving with the characters background.

10 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Do we have a place somewhere to capture everyone's sig fig and back story? Other than the intro threads?

Other than in the faction threads? Not that I'm aware of. An index of sig figs would be an interesting resource. It would take some time to compile, and would need someone to volunteer to do that work. :wink: :wacko:

Also note that some players have a group of characters that may be the central focus of different stories, so it would be nice to be able to include a player's other significant characters that surround his sigfig.

58 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Also note that some players have a group of characters that may be the central focus of different stories, so it would be nice to be able to include a player's other significant characters that surround his sigfig.

An index is what I had in mind but more so a individually maintained where a player could post and update their character (s) post as they play.  (Similar to the settlement 

It is this exact reason that I'm contemplating such a list ... Many of us that have played for some time have at least a couple key characters.  Also with the BF captains now many of the players are picking up additional as it is not fitting for their sig fig 

This could also benefit for the NPC major characters so you don't have to dig through the forum trying to find a reference for mcra responses.

I would be willing to work with someone to develop this 

32 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

An index is what I had in mind but more so a individually maintained where a player could post and update their character (s) post as they play.  (Similar to the settlement 

It is this exact reason that I'm contemplating such a list ... Many of us that have played for some time have at least a couple key characters.  Also with the BF captains now many of the players are picking up additional as it is not fitting for their sig fig 

This could also benefit for the NPC major characters so you don't have to dig through the forum trying to find a reference for mcra responses.

I would be willing to work with someone to develop this 

If you could get the ball rolling on this, perhaps someone else will volunteer to help as well.

FYI, note that I've got a list of my major secondary characters in the ESL thread, as do some other ESL players.