Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

1 hour ago, Kwatchi said:

It honestly takes 5 minutes of effort to go back through the KPAs in order to find a ship.  Start at the most recent issue (use owner breakdown list) and simply work your way back through the volumes. Easy-peasy.

Troop locations though... lost in de sands o time dey be.

That's true and it's what I've done in the past. I was thinking of maybe an addition to the ships status spreadsheet? Just an extra column would do...

How about using status e-mail system? That would keep the locations private. You can already get status listings on your freebuild forms and property licenses. Make it so that it includes all MRCA forms filed the previous six month that include a ship's name, so that convoy filings made my another player gets included.

Just now, gedren_y said:

How about using status e-mail system? That would keep the locations private. You can already get status listings on your freebuild forms and property licenses. Make it so that it includes all MRCA forms filed the previous six month that include a ship's name, so that convoy filings made my another player gets included.

That would be a fantastic way to implement this idea!

We have a spreadsheet for troop locations that is done. We are getting faction-specific ones ready and distributed to your leadership (who can then pass it along to all faction members via the appropriate PM). This should be ready soon.

As for ship locations, that is a good idea and worth investigating further. 

12 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

It honestly takes 5 minutes of effort to go back through the KPAs in order to find a ship.

In theory, yes. It can get annnoying when you have to check 4+ issues of KPA though - try finding ships that have not sailed for longer than a year - it doesn't cover ships that have not saled yet, and KPA does not list the locations of ships in hideouts.

In the end it is a comparably minor issue though. Can I live with how things are? Of course. Would I like an easier solution? Aye!

9 hours ago, gedren_y said:

A great idea! It does not cover the "ships in hideouts" part, but other than that it sounds perfect to me. :thumbup:

Edited by Darnok

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

A great idea! It does not cover the "ships in hideouts" part

I think it would cover them. The hideout is the destination used in the MRCA form, same as if the ship sailed to a normal settlement.

What it wouldn't cover is ships diverted by bad weather to an alternate destination, or ships that are captured and towed to the capturer's destination.

Isn't the point of hideouts - at least in parts - that the sips there are not public knowledge? Because any mail solution would be accessible to anybody (like right now with the license listing), so it should really only cover public destinations.

Hello everyone! Take a look at the contest to create a banner/logo to represent BoBS - I am really looking forward to what will come of this! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Isn't the point of hideouts - at least in parts - that the sips there are not public knowledge? Because any mail solution would be accessible to anybody

I was assuming that only the owner would/could receive the e-mail, but you're right that it doesn't work if others can access that info.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Hello everyone! Take a look at the contest to create a banner/logo to represent BoBS - I am really looking forward to what will come of this! :pir-grin:

Interesting! Hopefully I can make some time for this! :moar: 

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Cool! Maybe I'll try my hand at some photoshop...

Well, I mentioned this in a PM, but I think I will be coming back to the brick seas. Expect me back in the next few months (hopefully!) I need to move my stuff around.

So... what'd I miss? :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Well, I mentioned this in a PM, but I think I will be coming back to the brick seas. Expect me back in the next few months (hopefully!) I need to move my stuff around.

It will be good to have you back @Mesabi! Not a whole lot happened in your absence.... besides a boat race no one really did a ton over the summer.

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Aha! Mesabi, the god of mischief is returning! :pir-grin:

Happy to hear - as LM71 said, no major events have really shaken up the Brick Seas, although there are some things going on on Terraversa.

Hope to see you back - cheers!

22 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I'm glad to see you back and I hope everything is going well IRL. As the others said, no great happenings; three weeks ago I launched a minichallenge about ice trade, it still doesn't have a deadline, I think I'll make it last till the end of November.

Edited by Keymonus

On 9/9/2019 at 12:38 PM, Mesabi said:

Expect me back in the next few months (hopefully!)

Nothing... if you are quick you will be back before we post the final result of the minichallenge you missed :laugh:

3 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@Capt Wolf did I miss the lastest kpa or is it still being worked out?

Still waiting on shipping reports reaching the KPA offices before we can start writing the stories.

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Still waiting on shipping reports reaching the KPA offices before we can start writing the stories.

Dang, it's taking longer than usual this time, or is this just my feeling and impatience? Ah well, it is done when it's done. Quality journalism takes time! :thumbup:

In other news: I am thinking about doing the WTC Advent Calendar again this year, but I struggle to come up with a good story for it. So if anybody has a good idea, or wants to contribute to this years edition in other ways: I am open to suggestion. Check out last years version for comparison - I want to keep it similar in style, but with new ideas and builds of course.

P.S.: I may or may not want to include this beauty in some way, shape or form. :wub:

Edited by Darnok

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

Dang, it's taking longer than usual this time, or is this just my feeling and impatience? Ah well, it is done when it's done. Quality journalism takes time!

Travelling followed by some illness has delayed the shipping reports from me, but I am working on it :)

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

13 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Travelling followed by some illness has delayed the shipping reports from me, but I am working on it :)

Thank you both! I just had a couple holidays back to back away from electronics and with work on mandatory OT and prepping for brickworld next month I was just making sure I didnt miss it lol!

@Bregir hope your feeling better!

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

As I said: it is done when it's done. Real life just happens, and you being healthy and well again - or so I hope! - is much more important anyway. :pir-classic:

Edited by Darnok