Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Hello everybody,

To my regrets I'ven't been very active here this period. I suddenly had the opportunity to move home, which was very welcome. And now the time has come to go back to work (sea) again. Soo, I'll be back with christmas I guess about there.

Bart

5 hours ago, Bart said:

Hello everybody,

To my regrets I'ven't been very active here this period. I suddenly had the opportunity to move home, which was very welcome. And now the time has come to go back to work (sea) again. Soo, I'll be back with christmas I guess about there.

Bart

Congrats on the move and we will await your return to the Brick Seas! Safe travels and fair winds.

14 hours ago, Bart said:

Hello everybody,

Bart

The sea seems to be your life, both in the real world and in LEGO.:laugh: Congrats on the new home, safe work travels, and excited to see your next build.

It seems like the lights have been lit again in the offices of the "WTC Monthly". If you have stories you want to see shared, or angry letters to the editor: PM me!

16 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

When does the BOBS Soccer Tournament '19 kick off? Keen to see what happens.

It might not happen at the usual time of the year. Right now I can make no promises either way. If things keep running smoothly on my side, a September signup as last year is possible. It might come at a later time just as well though.

BUT...

I have these since last year, and some ideas what to do with them. So have some patience: I'd rather do it right than rushed. :pir-classic:

P.S.: We have a mini-challenge going on right now, with a possible "big" challenge starting not that far into the future as well. I will check with the higher-ups! An overlap of events is something I'd rather not do. Could @Ayrlego, @Bregir, @Capt Wolf or @Captain Genaro please comment?

Edited by Darnok

18 hours ago, Darnok said:

P.S.: We have a mini-challenge going on right now, with a possible "big" challenge starting not that far into the future as well. I will check with the higher-ups! An overlap of events is something I'd rather not do. Could @Ayrlego, @Bregir, @Capt Wolf or @Captain Genaro please comment?

Can you hold on to it for a while, as there is shortly something else coming up, as well as the upcoming "official" challenge too. We will keep you first in line ;)

Hehe, thanks. :pir-grin:

Please also keep the Weelond Octoberfest in mind, which has a somewhat more restricted time window. I am really in no rush with the Soccer Cup - all I know is I will do it, just the exact time is unclear for now. Any delays can be easily IC explained by Mesabi Landing having more important issues over the last months than preparing for a big tournament like this, and when the OOC schedule is open again those issues will be sorted out by then.

Looking forward to the next ingame events already. :thumbup:

So... before I just jump back into Botbs, has there been any major rules changes since the beginning of the year that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

So... before I just jump back into Botbs, has there been any major rules changes since the beginning of the year that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, welcome back in advance! :classic: I think the only great updates are an increase in fort upkeep cost (as my poor friend @Ross Fisher can testify :grin:), the possibility to stop at uninhabited islands during MRCAs (no gain, but you can use that as starting point for your fleet in the next turn) and the establishment of hideouts (secret bases, lasting for a certain number of turns, where payers can hide their ships)

While we're on the general topic of getting back, future plans and challenges of all sorts and sizes: I will not be able to do a Merrynight mini-challenge this year. So anybody willing to take over for at least this year: you are more than welcome to do so. Granted, it is still a bit in the future - but Lego is selling its Advent Calenders already, so why not start planning Merrynight now? :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Keymonus said:

First of all, welcome back in advance! :classic: I think the only great updates are an increase in fort upkeep cost (as my poor friend @Ross Fisher can testify :grin:), the possibility to stop at uninhabited islands during MRCAs (no gain, but you can use that as starting point for your fleet in the next turn) and the establishment of hideouts (secret bases, lasting for a certain number of turns, where payers can hide their ships)

Thanks for the welcome and update @Keymonus!

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Besides the MRCA results, is there any other place that gives the location of my ships?

No, there isn't. Are you looking for a particular ship?

22 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

No, there isn't. Are you looking for a particular ship?

Not at the moment... but in the near future I may need to know the location of a few ships. 

Thanks!

It might be more effort then its worth, but maybe that would make a good spreadsheet?

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Just now, LM71Blackbird said:

It might be more effort then its worth, but maybe that would make a good spreadsheet?

It would definitely be worth the effort. Finding ships by digging through multiple KPA issues and asking in different threads is annoying at best, and downright frustrating at worst. The same is true for the location of troops and/or armies, which have no tracking system that I know of at all.

So if anybody is up for this task: your work would help solve a genuine problem of the game, and be much appreciated!

16 hours ago, Darnok said:

It would definitely be worth the effort. Finding ships by digging through multiple KPA issues and asking in different threads is annoying at best, and downright frustrating at worst. The same is true for the location of troops and/or armies, which have no tracking system that I know of at all.

So if anybody is up for this task: your work would help solve a genuine problem of the game, and be much appreciated!

I used to have an (unautomated) sheet with all (known) locations of vessels, but haven't updated it for a few editions :look:

Hopefully when I am more active again, I'll be able to update it (so one day, I can rule over the waves)

18 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Hopefully when I am more active again, I'll be able to update it (so one day, I can rule over the waves)

If I then know where all my ships are at a given time, it would be a price I was willing to pay! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

If I then know where all my ships are at a given time, it would be a price I was willing to pay! :pir-grin:

And so I know where all of the other factions ships are so some random pirates can find them:pir_tong2:

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

And so I know where all of the other factions ships are so some random pirates can find them:pir_tong2:

Random? We be organized mate! Lol

16 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Random? We be organized mate! Lol

Haha not you Sea rats. The real pirates who take our ships. Because a weaker other factions mean stronger Olson more easily :p

It honestly takes 5 minutes of effort to go back through the KPAs in order to find a ship.  Start at the most recent issue (use owner breakdown list) and simply work your way back through the volumes. Easy-peasy.

Troop locations though... lost in de sands o time dey be.

40 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Haha not you Sea rats. The real pirates who take our ships. Because a weaker other factions mean stronger Olson more easily :p

Your right generally we sell them back at cost lol