Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Hello from me as well guys!

As a guy that once was part of the Court nearly from day one of this marvelous game (good old days :tongue:) , all I can say is that the Court is the driving force of this game (along with your creativity and imagination ofc) and that if the Court didn't exist, we would all post here (I know, this doesn't sound very tempting, right?). Anyway, the Court decisions aren't perfect all the time but please bear with them since these guys are driving this game with no incentive at all other than them being crazy in love for it and every Age of Sails thing. Anyway keep up with the great work and hopefully i can contribute soon to our great community!

P.S: Vive le Roi!!!

15 hours ago, Drunknok said:

It is still an active part of the "Mesabi Landing lore" - I have some ideas for the rebuild story featuring "your" crabs with hats. :pir-sweet:

Oh cool! :grin:  I'm sure they'd be efficient disaster relief workers after an earthquake! :pir-grin:

The following was posted in various settlements across the Brick Seas. 

The Extraordinary Expedition

Are you looking to Travel to Exotic Places and Locales? Are you tired of being stuck living on tropical islands? Do you need to flee the law or escape from gambling debts?

If any or all of these apply to you, you should consider joining the WTC's Extraordinary Expedition. The Wayfarer Trading Corporation, known for debacles such as robbing Nova Malto, robbing Trador, publishing lies in our monthly newsletter, slashing building quality, letting our rowboats get blown up by Fatu Hiva, and numerous other incidents, now plans the most ambitious voyage yet, in the Brick Sea's History. 

The Expedition will be sent around the cape of Halos, visiting empires across the southern half of the continent. The preliminary travel itinerary is as follows: 

Spoiler

1. Belson
  2. Varcoast (Bellmont)
  3. Tellvok (Madin)
  4.  Pan (Hassana)
  5. Kemblarsi
  6. Tendorn (Drolic)
  7. Peri (Smilon)
  8. Lotus (Keyto)
  9. Gerlo (Nam)
  10. Dranmonto (Drano)
  11. Abalon (Balt)
  12. Unconquered Isles (Arantonio)
  13. Mokolei (Ergandai)
  14. Middle Kingdoms
  15. Great Alliance States
  16. Kingdom of the Great Raider
  17. ????

Map:

Spoiler

26127680327_4dd509e4f8_z.jpgWorld Map by North White, on Flickr

If you are interested, find your local WTC office, and sign up immediately, or write to Count Mesabi

Signed,

Count Mesabi of Debonshire

CEO of the WTC

OOC:

I posted this in the Corrington faction pm, but I thought I'd open this up to the entire Brick Seas. The plan is to launch an AMCRA to explore the southern half of Halos, and the west coast as well. 

If you'd like to join the adventure, either let me know here, or via pm. This can be in any shape or form. Anyone is free to commit a ship, troops, or characters to this adventure. If you're interested in a particular southern nation, I'd be happy to transport a character there as well. No one is required to build for this adventure unless they'd like to, even if you're contribute something. 

Please let me know, and I look forwards to getting this on the road. :classic:

Hey, what do I need to do to capture Bloody Bill's ship that ended up in Mesabi Landing? Just an MOC?

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, what do I need to do to capture Bloody Bill's ship that ended up in Mesabi Landing? Just an MOC?

That would do it.

1 minute ago, Ross Fisher said:

Wasn't sure where else to ask this. If I want to license a property, does it have to be the exterior, or will an interior do?

It can be just an interior. No problem.

Hey, I have a question about the Maneuver Stat in the ship system. 

Does it make it easier for ships to escape combat? Or does it only allow a ship to choose the type of battle?

31 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Does it make it easier for ships to escape combat? Or does it only allow a ship to choose the type of battle?

Both. If you win the manoeuvre roll (by enough), your "strength of enemy" will determine if you attack or flee. (So if the attacking enemy is below your strength of enemy, and you win the weather gauge, you will counter attack with your preferred combat method)

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

What would a military garrison/outpost/storehouse be classed as for the EGS?

IMO,

Garrison/barracks = residential 

outpost = fort

storehouse = commerce 

but if you can justify your choice and aren’t obviously ‘gaming’ the system, then it’s pretty flexible 

12 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

IMO,

Garrison/barracks = residential 

outpost = fort

storehouse = commerce 

but if you can justify your choice and aren’t obviously ‘gaming’ the system, then it’s pretty flexible 

Ok, Thanks!

I would like clarification on whether troop raising builds and ship limit builds can also be licensed in the EGS. I read something early on that made me think one or the other couldn't be. 

1 hour ago, SilentWolf said:

I would like clarification on whether troop raising builds and ship limit builds can also be licensed in the EGS. I read something early on that made me think one or the other couldn't be. 

Leadership can give a definitive answer but, the way I understand it, the build has to be of sufficient quality. More than just minifigs on a base plate.

Concerning AMRCAs: it is my understanding that "skipping a turn" does not result in any change of story options. Is that correct under all circumstances?

I have a question about micro builds. If I wanted to build a whole district and register it as a residential build, would that be fair? Assuming it was a decent enough quality, and it covered the minimum area requirements.

15 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Concerning AMRCAs: it is my understanding that "skipping a turn" does not result in any change of story options. Is that correct under all circumstances?

Indeed. Options remain the same. In some rare cases, I could imagine an option being explicitly stated only to be viable for a given period, and if you are dealing where others are involved too, delaying may change the situation somewhat, but generally you are entirely right.

14 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I have a question about micro builds. If I wanted to build a whole district and register it as a residential build, would that be fair? Assuming it was a decent enough quality, and it covered the minimum area requirements.

Say you build a 16x16 micro showing a residential area and wanted to license it as a small residence, we would look at whether it shows sufficient effort. The issue with micros is that they are typically very low, which again means less building mass than a comparable footprint normal build. So you may want to add a larger footprint to keep it of sufficient building mass, so to speak.

hope that makes sense :)

@Bregir It does, thanks. My example might be this build that I did a while back: 

Magdelnbad Aldstadt.

It's 12x12, so too small even for a "small" build. I guess if I wanted something like this to count I should take advantage of the scale difference and put more terrain in. Really give it context...

Hello All,

an announcement from my side, I'll be out to sea (the wet one) again. so out of action till the summer. I hope to build some things in LDD while on board I can share with you when I come back.

Bart

On 3/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, Bart said:

Hello All,

an announcement from my side, I'll be out to sea (the wet one) again. so out of action till the summer. I hope to build some things in LDD while on board I can share with you when I come back.

Bart

Safe travels.

Safe travels, Bart.

Ross, if something like that was 20x20, I think it could be considered. In my opinion it is currently too smal, although very neat. (or you could combine it with an interior or similar.)

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

or you could combine it with an interior or similar

I do love a forced perspective build! Thanks for the idea.