Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

45903510884_4da8f82d98_b.jpg

Seems like 2018 was my Corrish Explorer year... 15 MOCs on COR territory (8 of those from the first challenge, but still), 4 on ESL and 1 on TER. Oleon, oh Oleon - time to visit you in 2019. And you two, my dear Sea Rats. And it's about time I post my ship, finally...

Very impressive line-up, Elos! And know that you are always welcome in Corrington ;)

@Elostirion, I like the presentations of your year-in-builds. Very cool. I'd love to see something like this from others as well. It really adds life to looking back at a year of BoBS.

to all: don't forget tomorrow Flickr starts with not letting you upload new pictures if you have more than 1000 pictures (and are not pro). In one month they'll start deleting your oldes pictures

59 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

to all: don't forget tomorrow Flickr starts with not letting you upload new pictures if you have more than 1000 pictures (and are not pro). In one month they'll start deleting your oldes pictures

I've been clearing out some of my old images. I'll probably have to brush up on using Brickshelf.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

@Elostirion, I like the presentations of your year-in-builds. Very cool. I'd love to see something like this from others as well. It really adds life to looking back at a year of BoBS.

Hm... I quite like that idea... I may have to act upon it!

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

Thanks for the reminder! It's a shame that its gotta happen though...

I think closing this one was not too smart a decision, there are quite a few question open.

@Phred A couple of quick questions.

Is it "6 and only 6" builds, or is that a minimum?

Likewise, must each build be ~32x32, or can they be significantly smaller/larger as long as it meets the minimum total area of 6k+?

Also on that thought, Mesabi is required to build 4 of the 6. Any total minimum size? Does this:

On 1/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, Phred said:

Mesabi is required to perform a majority of the repairs of the settlement.

...mean that he has to build 3000+ studs, or just a minimum of 4 builds?

(Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to help out.)

Brought up here by @Captain Dee I would appreciate an official reply from the Court, I was about to ask the same. I have a reply from @Bregir already (thanks! :thumbup:), I just want to make sure it is not an individual opinion only.

Other than that I would like to know how prospecting builds are handled for the time being. The use the licensing form, but do not add to the settlement growth or trade value. And an earthquake shaking up the ground makes good IC sense for finding minerals. So would this be considered something that can be "licensed" nonetheless?

And I hope I am correct in assuming that, while no builds can be licensed for Mesabi Landing until May the 1st, any builds posted in the meantime can be licensed later on as usual - as long as they are not part of the "punishment builds".

P.S.: @Capt Wolf @Legostone @Phred

Edited by Drunknok

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I have a reply from @Bregir already (thanks! :thumbup:), I just want to make sure it is not an individual opinion only.

Bregir's reply to you is from the court and is not an individual opinion.

I'll let the tagged court members reply to you on the other questions.

Just now, Ayrlego said:

Bregir's reply to you is from the court and is not an individual opinion.

The "I'm going to make a ruling here" left another impression, but thanks for clearing it up. :classic:

9 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I'd love to see something like this from others as well.

Ask and ye shall receive...

39690447463_2b27c35a78_c.jpg

Only my physical builds. I think I got them all!

5 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

You guys dropping these it paint or? 

I am using GIMP to crop and resize

On 1/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, Maxim I said:

In other news: @dr_spock @Phred:

Is it possible the property listing doesn't work anymore?

I haven't made any changes to the Google App Script code that emails it.  What may be the problem?

Congrats to @Bart for front page news! 

(yes I realize that he posted it the 30th of Dec and it is now the 9th of Jan but hey better late then never!) 

5 hours ago, dr_spock said:

I haven't made any changes to the Google App Script code that emails it.  What may be the problem?

@Maxim I I used it a heap of times today for some court related research, it worked fine for me.

44 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

@Maxim I I used it a heap of times today for some court related research, it worked fine for me.

My bad, it arrived as SPAM in my mailbox

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Congrats to @Bart for front page news!

(...)

Edited by Bart

On 1/8/2019 at 5:17 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

You guys dropping these it paint or? 

I used powerpoint and then made a screenshot. If you don't need high resolution that works perfectly fine. :-) 

No powerpoint presentation, but here's my year in review.

My 2018 in BoBS started in an orphanage during Merrynight celebrations ...

orphanage.jpg

... then moved to the ship yards for war ships ...

espada_de_luna.jpg   colonial_storm.jpg   pirate_hunter.jpg

... and brigs ...

nightwing.jpg      blood_diamond.jpg  

... and sloops ...

esmerelda.jpg   mysterious_lady.jpg

... and even a couple of carracks:

hidalga.jpg   eslandita.jpg

The year took me to King's Harbour ...

kings_harbour_1.jpg   garden.jpg  

... where I brokered a peace between Prio and the Sea Rats:

kings_harbour_2.jpg

Then finally back home to Weelond ...

weelond_gov_mansion_int.jpg

... where I assembled a team for the Soccer Cup...

soccer_team.jpg

and sent them off to Bastion:

bastion.jpg

I sent explorers to the islands of the New Haven Sea ...

calvo_island_1.jpg   calvo_hut_island_1.jpg   calvo_in_trees_island_1.jpg   river_island1.jpg   island_6.jpg   natural_bridge_5_6.jpg

... and diplomats to Terraversa:

terraversa_council.jpg

There was even a visit from some pirates:

bloody_bill_and_bluebeard.jpg

Finally, I visited Salida Este ...

textile_factory.jpg   swordsmith.jpg

What will 2019 bring?

A question regarding the "four big islands" in the New Haven Sea:

On 12/17/2016 at 9:02 PM, SkaForHire said:

The larger islands have a mechanic that will be revealed in the near future.

Has this statement been filled with some life yet? Just asking for the friend of a friend...

Sorry for yet another bunch of questions...

1. Would "building in the Old World" apply to properties to be licensed in Kemblarsi? I want to expand on this storyline established by @Mesabi and build around this WTC trading outpost. How would the licensing be handled for such builds?
  2. How much background is done for the Kingdom of the Lotus already? And in what amount would I have the "right" to build a Loti presence in, for example, Mesabi Landing? There are some background rumblings spread over AMRCAs lately, and I do not want to interfere with an upcoming NPC storyline. On the other hand I would like to play around with my Ninjago collection, something like a "Chinese Quarter" would be a cool side project.

Just now, Drunknok said:

Would "building in the Old World" apply to properties to be licensed in Kemblarsi? I want to expand on this storyline established by @Mesabi and build around this WTC trading outpost. How would the licensing be handled for such builds?

Builds can be licensed in the old world. As location, you give the country it is licensed in. I believe there is a decreased income from these.

Just now, Drunknok said:

How much background is done for the Kingdom of the Lotus already? And in what amount would I have the "right" to build a Loti presence in, for example, Mesabi Landing? There are some background rumblings spread over AMRCAs lately, and I do not want to interfere with an upcoming NPC storyline. On the other hand I would like to play around with my Ninjago collection, something like a "Chinese Quarter" would be a cool side project.

I see no issue in a lotii presence in Measbi Landing. They are already established as having a quarter in Port Raleigh.

What we know so far is that they are chinese inspired, and that they are skirmishing or perhaps even warring with Carno somewhere in the New Haven seas.

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Would "building in the Old World" apply to properties to be licensed in Kemblarsi? I want to expand on this storyline established by @Mesabi and build around this WTC trading outpost. How would the licensing be handled for such builds?

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Builds can be licensed in the old world. As location, you give the country it is licensed in. I believe there is a decreased income from these.

For reference the rule can be found here. I had to find it recently for something else :)