Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

You can license the builds you haven't licensed before.  The number of licenses per month rule applies except for challenge prizes.  You can license challenge prizes outside of the 3/month rule. 

I think what @Elostirion is asking is that as he hasn't licensed them as he built them would he be permitted to bulk catch up with licensing this one time?

The revised rules were developed to encourage quality over quantity. As Elostirion's builds are always of an excellent standard and as most were constructed long before the revised licensing rules, I for one would not object to him catching up with his paperwork this time.

I raise my voice as an opponent to all exceptions.

Most of the time.

If Elostirion gets this, Guy's Uncle may have something to say about it. :pir-wink:

I think rules should be rules. To quote "The Matrix": some of them can be bent, others can be broken. But the one in this case is clear and waterproof. So no wiggle room for bending, and I see no justification for breaking either.

I'm with @Drunknok on this one. There is plenty of time to license these old builds. Spread them out. Look at the settlements they are attached to, and make a plan for their licensing. Settlement levels, trade values, and TMRCA activity would be good factors to consider in what license gets purchased when.

While I initially had no opposition to the "catch up" licence I see it setting a bad precedence for us.   

Now while the rules were created with the idea to get good quality builds instead of 4 quick mediocre ones (which I've never seen anything mediocre from Elostirion

I think in at same hand this could jeopardize the "overnight settlement" (sure not this particular time as they are spread out)  

Who's to say that this sudden licensing doesn't bump four startup hamlets to towns overnight thus making the trade values jump drastically to the ports the factions ships "were already sailing to next turn"  

I know there's alot of speculation and hypotheticality (new word!lol) but I think the 3 rule should apply here...  As it's been said challenges don't count towards this limit so I think in a matter of a couple months you could be caught up. 

It may be worth looking into a temporary 4 builds licenced allowance (case by case).  Just my thoughts

Many wishes to everybody (ofc special mention to @Mesabi :cannon:) and I hope these Holy days are well spent with your families and loved ones! I am always around watching your fabulous builds and following your marvelous stories closely and I hope that one day (soon-ish) I can find some free time away from babysitting and contribute again a build or two (or three etc etc) to progress our great community further down the road!!! Love you all! :pir-sweet: 

One thing to keep in mind is the "coop license" that allows you to license a fourth build per month - as long as it is in some way "cooperative" with another player and/or game entity. I do not know the builds and stories in question, but since @Elostirion is a member of the MCTC and mayor of Nova Terreli, I think there should be at least some builds that can be treated under this "coop license".

While I find it rather confusing that when I ask leadership for a decision on a question it soon becomes a vibrant discussion among the playerbase... it's still quite obvious that there would be at least some major concerns against me licensing MOCs in retrospective. And if I did, even with permission, unhealthy discussions would be the result.

So I just won't do it. My licenses for November, October, September, and so on in 2018 are just gone. Fine for me. :-) 

@Elostirion Leadership is not trying to ignore you. We just require a bit of time to reach a definitive answer some of the time. With leaders across multiple contents it can sometimes take a bit longer to get everyone on the same page, especially around Christmas. I suspect you should have a properly reply shortly. 

10 hours ago, Elostirion said:

While I find it rather confusing that when I ask leadership for a decision on a question it soon becomes a vibrant discussion among the playerbase...

You asked a question in open public... what did you expect?

If you are confused about no reaction from leadership in less than two days: man, you are not new to this game, you should know better! :wink:

8 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

@Elostirion Leadership is not trying to ignore you. We just require a bit of time to reach a definitive answer some of the time. With leaders across multiple contents it can sometimes take a bit longer to get everyone on the same page, especially around Christmas. I suspect you should have a properly reply shortly. 

Oh sorry, misunderstanding here. I did not mean: "I don't understand why leadership did not reply yet." Such a process takes time, take whatever time you need. No problems at all with this, really, and no criticism intended towards leadership. If you need another week or two or three, no worries. :-) 

What I meant was: "I don't understand why non-leadership players are even talking about this. It's leadership's decision, so why not just wait for it?"

21 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

What I meant was: "I don't understand why non-leadership players are even talking about this. It's leadership's decision, so why not just wait for it?"

PM then.

Posting in public and not understanding a public response is... weird to put it nice. :tongue:

Posting in public often means "nothing to hide" it us much more honourfull than undercovering it in bureaucratic PM with the board.

And for such question it is better to wait an answer from the board, to avoid endless and empty bargain.

37 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Posting in public often means "nothing to hide" it us much more honourfull than undercovering it in bureaucratic PM with the board.

And for such question it is better to wait an answer from the board, to avoid endless and empty bargain.

That's the same reason I posted my request for a royal grand with the build, I've nothing to hide. There was nothing stopping me from sending a PM to Oleon before I posted it, but that's not how I like to play the game.

6 hours ago, Elostirion said:

...What I meant was: "I don't understand why non-leadership players are even talking about this. It's leadership's decision, so why not just wait for it?"

Keep in mind that in a forum like this, words replace expressions.  If we were all sitting in a room, most people would probably not vocally express their opinion on a simple/trivial question not geared toward them, because their face would answer anyone who wanted their opinion well enough.  But here if you want to say something you have to say it, and sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's posting a casual comment or a firmly cherished opinion.

Yeah, it's basically pointless for us (at least those of us who aren't in leadership, some of the opinionaters have been leaders) to express our opinions.  But if it actually bothers you, then PM is the best way around that, since a public message is always liable to a public response.  If not, let us waste our breath, who cares? :shrug_oh_well:

On 12/25/2018 at 8:42 AM, Mesabi said:

Individual Thanks and Holiday greetings. 

Reveal hidden contents

SR: 

@Kwatchi, thanks for building a really cool settlement of Charlatan Bay, and the stories you've told with it. 

@Professor Thaum, thanks for being an awesome dude. I've loved seeing your builds from back since AG was a thing, and I can't wait to see them continue. Enjoy a very merry christmas with your family. 

@TomSkippy, thanks for joining this community, and keeping us entertained with funny builds. 

@Roadmonkeytj, thanks for your tireless work on the AMCRA committee, and the great things you've built. 

@Fraunces, thanks for joining this community as well, and I've liked seeing your builds progress.

@Bart, hope the high seas treats you well, and I look forwards to seeing you when you come back. 

ESL:

@Capt Wolf, thanks for your great work on the court, and everything you've brought to the game. 

@Maxim I, hope everything is going great for you, and I look forwards to your eventual return. 

@Elostirion, You're a great builder, thanks for being cool.

@Legostone Thanks for being a patient, kind soul, and also a fantastic shipwright. 

@Kai NRG Hope you have a great holiday, and thanks for not having Guy's Uncle String me up in a while.

@gedren_y Merry Christmas to the Craesh ne Truri, and thanks for your fun quotes.

OL:

@Bodi Thanks for your excellent builds, especially the ships you've built.

@Kolonialbeamter, Hope you come back one day, the Brick Seas miss you.

@Captain Genaro Thanks for being a good leader of OL. 

@Ross Fisher Have a very merry holiday, and I look forwards to the inevitable holy war between us. 

@Khorne Thanks for your excellent Graphic design skills. 

@blackdeathgr Hope the holiday treats you well, and I miss seeing your builds. 

COR:

@SkaForHire, thanks for creating is great game and community, and I hope you can one day return to build with us. 

@Bregir, thanks for putting up with our shenanigans, and I look forwards to seeing the return of Montoya. 

@Ayrlego, thanks for your amazing builds, and for keeping the peace between the WTC and COR

@LM71Blackbird, thanks for your great additions to the game, and the fleet you built for COR

@Mike S, I hope you are spending a great christmas with your family, and I hope one day you return. 

@Captain Dee, thanks for all your cool random projects, I always look forwards to them. 

@Brickwolf, hope you're doing well. Thanks for giving us a cool railroad project last year.

@Lord Buckethead, keep your head up man, I got the impression finals were rough, and I know that feeling. Now hurry on to Mokolei, as soon as you're ready!

@Flavius Gratian, I always like your builds, and I like the direction your stories take. 

And last, but not least of COR, @Drunknok, thanks for being a great friend, business partner, and confidant. The WTC wouldn't be what it is today without you, and I really hope you have a merry Christmas with your family. 

Everyone, I hope you have a great holiday, whether that's Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, or the New Year. Spend time with your families, and I look forwards to another year. 

@Mesabi Thank you! Hope you had a merry Christmas and have a splendid new year. Same goes for everyone else but I’m too lazy to try and @everyone... ?

On 12/25/2018 at 2:42 PM, Mesabi said:

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, or a happy similar winter solstice holiday. I love the community we've built here, and I love seeing all of your creations, and occasionally, blowing them up in game. 

Individual Thanks and Holiday greetings. 

Reveal hidden contents

SR: 

@Kwatchi, thanks for building a really cool settlement of Charlatan Bay, and the stories you've told with it. 

@Professor Thaum, thanks for being an awesome dude. I've loved seeing your builds from back since AG was a thing, and I can't wait to see them continue. Enjoy a very merry christmas with your family. 

@TomSkippy, thanks for joining this community, and keeping us entertained with funny builds. 

@Roadmonkeytj, thanks for your tireless work on the AMCRA committee, and the great things you've built. 

@Fraunces, thanks for joining this community as well, and I've liked seeing your builds progress.

@Bart, hope the high seas treats you well, and I look forwards to seeing you when you come back. 

ESL:

@Capt Wolf, thanks for your great work on the court, and everything you've brought to the game. 

@Maxim I, hope everything is going great for you, and I look forwards to your eventual return. 

@Elostirion, You're a great builder, thanks for being cool.

@Legostone Thanks for being a patient, kind soul, and also a fantastic shipwright. 

@Kai NRG Hope you have a great holiday, and thanks for not having Guy's Uncle String me up in a while.

@gedren_y Merry Christmas to the Craesh ne Truri, and thanks for your fun quotes.

OL:

@Bodi Thanks for your excellent builds, especially the ships you've built.

@Kolonialbeamter, Hope you come back one day, the Brick Seas miss you.

@Captain Genaro Thanks for being a good leader of OL. 

@Ross Fisher Have a very merry holiday, and I look forwards to the inevitable holy war between us. 

@Khorne Thanks for your excellent Graphic design skills. 

@blackdeathgr Hope the holiday treats you well, and I miss seeing your builds. 

COR:

@SkaForHire, thanks for creating is great game and community, and I hope you can one day return to build with us. 

@Bregir, thanks for putting up with our shenanigans, and I look forwards to seeing the return of Montoya. 

@Ayrlego, thanks for your amazing builds, and for keeping the peace between the WTC and COR

@LM71Blackbird, thanks for your great additions to the game, and the fleet you built for COR

@Mike S, I hope you are spending a great christmas with your family, and I hope one day you return. 

@Captain Dee, thanks for all your cool random projects, I always look forwards to them. 

@Brickwolf, hope you're doing well. Thanks for giving us a cool railroad project last year.

@Lord Buckethead, keep your head up man, I got the impression finals were rough, and I know that feeling. Now hurry on to Mokolei, as soon as you're ready!

@Flavius Gratian, I always like your builds, and I like the direction your stories take. 

And last, but not least of COR, @Drunknok, thanks for being a great friend, business partner, and confidant. The WTC wouldn't be what it is today without you, and I really hope you have a merry Christmas with your family. 

Really hope I got everyone, I know I almost certainly missed someone though. 

Thanks to everyone for this great community we've created, and I look forwards to seeing it go another year, or ten. I know I play a madman in game, but I really do appreciate all of you, and what you each bring to this community.

Everyone, I hope you have a great holiday, whether that's Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, or the New Year. Spend time with your families, and I look forwards to another year. 

Kind of late to this, but thanks! :classic: Same from my side: best of wishes to all and a very good New Year soon!

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Mesabi Landing is now the Grandest Settlement of BoBS, just today reaching the level of 'Grand City' with the completion of 3 factories. Celebrations are planned, and expect details soon. 

Thank you all who built in Mesabi Landing, especially @Drunknok who I could not have built the city with. 

Here's to a Grand 619 everyone!